No announcement yet.

Planes Reviews

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the movie was pretty good I rank it more than Cars 2, but not as much as Cars. Not that many characters, a LOT of Dusty and was Mater supposed to make an appearance because I couldn't find him unless he was really hid well.
    RBCars77 check out my YouTube Channel @ RCcars5

Comment

Thanks for all the reviews guys! I will report back with my feelings on the movie after this coming weekend. I did see that the Disney Planes Facebook page had a status update
      Disney's Planes is the #1 Animated Film in America! For those of you who have already seen it: What was your favorite part?
      https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=561278603928731

Comment

I enjoyed Cars 2 more than Planes. My kids really liked it, so maybe it will grown on me when I watch it again on DVD. To be honest, I didn't really like Cars the first time I saw it either. It was seeing how much joy it brought to my kids to get me to warm up to it.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
        http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

We went to see it tonight at 5:15 pm and a 3d showing. We were the only ones in the theater.

I called out the characters I knew as they showed up, why not, we had it to ourselves.
          I can see how it was a direct to video movie. But I don't buy the it isn't a Pixar movie.
          Lasseter was the Executive Producer and was given a story credit he should of stepped up
          and made sure it was on par to other movies he's been involved in.

I was more interested in looking at the scale of the planes and cars and also all the different
          cool vehicles that could make.

Comment

When's Cars 3 coming out? delete that!!!!

This was Cars 3 for us tonight, we loved it and cant wait to see it again.

Comment

First cinema trip for the little guy (3) and we've been building up to Planes for months like you all.

Went to pre buy tickets yesterday and given a Panini sticker album and a handful of sticker packs - a nice touch even if I know that's gonna cost me big time as it did with Cars Toons.

The movie? What can I say, much more enjoyable than I feared given the bah humbug "formulaic bland crap" reviews have spouted off about.

As for the sidekick, well we hadn't even reached the end (the Flysenhower revisited scene) when he turned round to me grinning and said "I want to see it again NOW Daddy". That my friends is the ultimate seal of approval.

Comment

Welcome back Enzo. Glad you liked it and your lil fella did too. What was he like sat in the cinema? how long is the film and does it "feel" long to the kids? Want to take mine but not sure he would A) sit there for almost 2 hours and B) wouldnt be shouting at the screen lol

Comment

watched it today with the boy and it was more entertaining than i was expecting

i thought it was probably aimed at younger childern - maybe 4-9 - than cars and there was nothing aimed at adults humour-wise, like you see in films like despicable me, monsters inc, etc

also the story line was very simple and the animation less detailed than i was expecting - it did come across as a tv film or straight to dvd, which i think it was originally planned to be, but i've seen worse films

Comment

Was about 80-90 mins I think and no problem attention-wise. He ended up sitting/lying on my lap about halfway in (don't blame him given cinema seats are the worst) but that was for comfort. Only advice is get there 10-15 mins after showing time so you miss the crappy adverts.

Comment

Originally posted by yuffie View Post
                      watched it today with the boy and it was more entertaining than i was expecting

i thought it was probably aimed at younger childern - maybe 4-9 - than cars and there was nothing aimed at adults humour-wise, like you see in films like despicable me, monsters inc, etc

also the story line was very simple and the animation less detailed than i was expecting - it did come across as a tv film or straight to dvd, which i think it was originally planned to be, but i've seen worse films
                      Nothing aimed at adults? Perhaps but comparing it to one of Pixar's most original works (Monsters Inc.) is a little unfair. From memory there were quite a few technical in-jokes and a vasectomy gag. El Chu was obviously meant to be the comic relief but didnt really pull it off. As for the storyline, it's not close to being original but then Cars was practically plagiarised from Doc Hollywood. Also, the Skipper WW2 flashback scene was up there with Rod's torture scene in Cars 2 as being a little out of place for the target audience, and clearly aimed at parents who'd understand the reference.

Comment

My son and I went to see it yesterday and I too must say I was pleasantly surprised at how enjoyable it was despite all the poor reviews here and in various other places. I too believe it was pretty apparent it was meant to be straight to DVD and that the movie was really aimed at a younger age group it seemed. I felt that there was some slowness in a few areas that didn't quite hold my son's complete attention, although he did fine overall. Also, IMO Teri Hatcher (who did the voice of Dottie) was the worst voice actor in the cast and kind of ruined some scenes.

Overall a very good film, not excellent, but very good for sure. My son kind of burned out on the Planes toys he has had for the last month or so and now that he got to see the movie he is constantly talking about "duhttee" and playing with them really well again.

It seems an overall success with the kids too, Targets around here are all sold out and the Cars sections are getting hit hard since they are adjacent and I assume people opt for Cars when they can't get Planes.

Does anyone remember seeing Hector Vector in the movie, I have the toy and I thought he would be a bigger character, but I think he was only there very briefly and I barely saw him which was kind of disappointing since the diecast is so fun.

Comment

Originally posted by nicholas.alipaz View Post
                          My son and I went to see it yesterday and I too must say I was pleasantly surprised at how enjoyable it was despite all the poor reviews here and in various other places. I too believe it was pretty apparent it was meant to be straight to DVD and that the movie was really aimed at a younger age group it seemed. I felt that there was some slowness in a few areas that didn't quite hold my son's complete attention, although he did fine overall. Also, IMO Teri Hatcher (who did the voice of Dottie) was the worst voice actor in the cast and kind of ruined some scenes.

Does anyone remember seeing Hector Vector in the movie, I have the toy and I thought he would be a bigger character, but I think he was only there very briefly and I barely saw him which was kind of disappointing since the diecast is so fun.
                          SPOILER to the people who haven't seen the movie, but I think he was the helicopter that helped rescue Dusty when he crashed in the water. Although he probably was also seen briefly sometime on the aircraft carrier.

And I agree with you on Dottie. Her voice seemed off place in multiple scenes. I feel like hers was slightly louder than everyone else's in the movie, which helped make her feel a bit more obnoxious and irritating at times.

I saw Planes yesterday and also enjoyed it. I was able to keep my expectations low and it definitely exceeded them. The only part that I wasn't a fan of was how quick and choppy scenes were. I was never able to connect with a certain character because of it. The only character I actually felt bad for in the movie was Skipper.

Comment

Originally posted by Fillmore1234 View Post
                            And I agree with you on Dottie. Her voice seemed off place in multiple scenes. I feel like hers was slightly louder than everyone else's in the movie, which helped make her feel a bit more obnoxious and irritating at times.
                            Interesting...I did not pick up on that at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Fillmore1234 View Post
                              SPOILER to the people who haven't seen the movie, but I think he was the helicopter that helped rescue Dusty when he crashed in the water. Although he probably was also seen briefly sometime on the aircraft carrier...
                              SPOILER ALERT
                              That is what I thought too, but I didn't see him very well. I don't think he was on the carrier since I believe he was from Mexico since he has some red, green, and white flag-type markings on him. I think he flew in from the destination in Mexico, but it wasn't very clear for sure.

Comment

maybe I was a bit harsh to say no humour aimed at adults and perhaps expecting much from the a film that looked on most levels the straight to DVD film it was was a bit unfair

Comment

Working...
                                X