New feature: Throwback Thursday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New feature: Throwback Thursday

February 13, 2020... Throwback Thursday... NFS/NFT... there have been a few times over the years that Disney Parks have had some special Cars... I believe these were the first ones... Pirate Mater was a Deluxe Car...

Goofy Mater and Mickey McQueen was a 2 pack... I got 2 sets from friends... I opened one set... somewhere I have carded ones... if I remember right, retail prices were $19.99 and $24.99 plus tax at Disney... on top of that there were postage costs to have them mailed... these Mater are fully diecast - some Mater had plastic truck beds.

Before today I didn't realize that Goofy Mater had the floppy ears to go along with Goofy's hat.

Production code: Day 017 of 2011 at the EAA factory for all 3 of the Cars.

How many of you have some or all of these 3 Cars in your Cars collection?

Here is a photo showing the front and the back of the Pirate Mater Car:

Here is a photo showing the back of the Goofy Mater/Mickey McQueen 2 pack card:

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

I'll bite... This should be about circa 2011.
    supercon (164).jpg
    Attached Files

Comment

One of the best pictures of Cars I've ever seen, GotFrank... thank you!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Thanks Chris, one of these days I'll Photoshop in the desert background.

Comment

That's a great Radiator Springs photo!!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

It's Thursday. Unfortunately, the Mattel Metal Mini-Racers that I collect don't have much of a heritage as they are a rather recent toy line. Nevertheless, I'll contribute on this Throw-Back Thursday by featuring two cars that were the first customs that I ever purchased. They came from Eli, but I never knew whether they were prototypes of some sort or just 3D-Printer exercises from a collector/hobbyist. I know that Eli stocked a number of each of them at the time.

Here is Impound-Boot LMQ (not perfect, as it's the Cars 3 design with a customization that harks back to the original Cars (1) Movie, but hey that's what was available to work with) and Cone-Teeth Mater (from a cartoon episode). I have to store Cone-Teeth Mater on his side because his top hat cone is too tall for my case.

Comment

Back when I knew how many Cars we had...
                100_1503.jpg

Comment

You had a nice collection of Pitties going there...

Comment

Working...
                  X