Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Series: Welcome to Radiator Springs (June 8, 2020)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Series: Welcome to Radiator Springs (June 8, 2020)

June 8, 2020... we now know more about the new line of singles called Welcome to Radiator Springs - Cars with accessories... Made in Vietnam as shown in photos in the next reply... Found by 2 members in Germany yesterday... Store name is Muller... here are photos from Tasso Ehemann.

Here are the first 5 in the case (1 Ramone - either 10 or 12 Cars total in the case).

The Blowing Bubbles Mater contains a hay bale previously found in a TRU boxed set:

Ramone contains an oil can accessory.

The McQueen contains the Phone accessory previously only found in an 11 Car boxed set - I never bought that boxed set.

Sally contains the same table that was in a 2 pack with Sally and a McQueen:

Photos by Tasso Ehemann used by permission.

More photos in the next reply.

Hopefully Get Me Collectibles will have these available soon.

Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Here are a few more photos:

Made in Vietnam - printed code is 0820SD - day 82 of 2020 from the SD factory which is Vietnam.

Doc Hudson may be coming in the next case - comes with a Piston Cup... it may also be in this case as someone posted a photo of it.

Sheriff comes with a Radiator Springs sign.

This last photo shows these are made in Vietnam.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Here are photos posted by Timo Beck of the 5 new Cars and their accessories opened -

McQueen:

Ramone:

Blowing Bubbles Mater:

Sally:

Sheriff:

Photos by Timo Beck, used by permission.

Comment

They are basically Radiator Springs Classic reborn! The waves 1-5 between 2012 and 2015, was my favourite card design. I wasn't so keen on the blue cards issued in 2016 or the dull red Cars 3 card backs either.

It's great to see them return as that's largely where Cars started, at Radiator Springs! Oh how I miss Toys R Us!

Comment

Not impressed Mattel! It is like the team who design / produce the Cars lines have gotten very lazy. There is so much more that could have been commissioned but it’s the same cars again and again and again! - But this time repackaged with just one plastic accessory. If it were April I’d believe this was a sick joke! Honestly I can’t see the point!

Comment

Update: 6/12/2020:

In addition to the accessory in each pack, there is also a bumper sticker.

Also, at this point in time it does not appear that these are going to be available in the US... They have been found at Muller stores in Germany... hopefully we will see availability in other countries as well... please let us know if you find them in a store...

I understand that Muller is headquartered in the UK but may not have stores in the UK.

I definitely want a set of these... and yes, I miss Toys R US, niftynigel... and yes, I can see where you are coming from as well VANDANCE.

Comment

I am sorry to be negative Chris that’s not usually me- and there are so many important things to concern ourselves with during these times. But as a long term collector I get frustrated with the lack of inspiration and excitement from this series. At least the XRS off road series and the Rocket Racing series were new ideas and featured great design. I’ll stick with the main line, deluxe and 2 packs for now.

Comment

Update: June 19, 2020: This series is currently looking like it's exclusive to Muller stores in Germany... there are 12 Cars per case - Ramone is short packed - only 1 per case... supposedly 3 McQueen and 2 of each of the other ones... Store price is 8.99 Euros so the US equivalent price before shipping is over $10 per Car.

Comment

I still need that phone.

Comment

And there's evidently a soon to be released 4 pack in the Welcome to Radiator Springs series... Here's a photo from the Mattel website:

Here's the link:
                    https://shop.mattel.com/shop/en-us/m...s-4-pack-gpn49

It is not available to order.

As far as we can tell Sarge is the only new Car in the 4 pack - the other 3 are like the singles which have been released in Germany at Muller.

I still think we might see this at Target - the series is not available to Mattel retailers such as Get Me Collectibles and Target has put their Fan Favorites series Cars on clearance... time will tell.

Chris

Comment

Update: July 20, 2020... the Welcome to Radiator Springs singles have been found at Target stores in the US... the DPCI is 087-07-8025.

3 stores in Indy have a case as well as one in Dayton - I won't be able to go look for awhile...

I will share the DPCI for the 4 pack as soon as I learn what it is - it's 087-07-6944... looks like 2 4 packs per case.

Comment

July 26, 2020: I found the Welcome to Radiator Springs singles and 4 pack at a Dayton area Target store today:

These are one of the best made cards in a long time - they do not appear to be as thin as the made in Thailand Cars/cards... made in Vietnam.

Comment

Here are a few more photos of the Welcome to Radiator Springs 4 pack:

4 pack:

Ramone and McQueen

Sarge and Doc:

McQueen's video phone:

back of the box:

I did not buy the original Toys R US 10 pack so I don't know how this new McQueen video phone compares to the one in that original TRU 10 pack.

Comment

i,ll eat my piston cup if these every appear in the fatlad!
                            (region of uk)

Comment

Some Target stores in the US have gotten in wave 2 of this series... Fillmore and Guido/Luigi have been found in a few states... hopefully they'll show up soon.

While I hope boogity will find this in the fatlad, I hope he doesn't eat his piston cup.

Comment

Working...
                              X