Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Series: Welcome to Radiator Springs (June 8, 2020)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Series: Welcome to Radiator Springs (June 8, 2020)

June 8, 2020... we now know more about the new line of singles called Welcome to Radiator Springs - Cars with accessories... Made in Vietnam as shown in photos in the next reply... Found by 2 members in Germany yesterday... Store name is Muller... here are photos from Tasso Ehemann.

Here are the first 5 in the case (1 Ramone - either 10 or 12 Cars total in the case).

The Blowing Bubbles Mater contains a hay bale previously found in a TRU boxed set:

Ramone contains an oil can accessory.

The McQueen contains the Phone accessory previously only found in an 11 Car boxed set - I never bought that boxed set.

Sally contains the same table that was in a 2 pack with Sally and a McQueen:

Photos by Tasso Ehemann used by permission.

More photos in the next reply.

Hopefully Get Me Collectibles will have these available soon.

Chris

• cac1959
    replied
    November 11, 2020... Found by ferris at a Target store earlier this week:

What I consider big news in the Welcome to Radiator Springs product line... there's a new single in the 3rd case... Lizzie... and it comes with a radio! It may be the same radio that was in the Target 11 pack that was out right before the launch of Cars 3 toys back in 2017.

I'm definitely looking forward to this one... I have one of the 11 packs which I bought just for the radio... I haven't opened it yet... and I may not.. but I do want to display a radio with the Lizzie in my display case.

As soon as I get one I'll take more pictures...

Chris

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Here are photos from eBay listings showing the new Fillmore and the new Guido/Luigi:

Fillmore - I've heard this glows in the dark like the Precision Series version does:

Guido/Luigi:

These have only been in limited quantities on eBay and none recently... I've seen no sign of them at any of the few Target stores I've been in during September 2020.

Leave a comment:

• boogity
    replied

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    If Boogity wants to sell me his Piston Cup he can't eat it and he'd have some money in the event that the RS Classics turn up at ******** or ******** (I couldn't possible tell, if they had, not before that Piston Cup is safe)!

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Some Target stores in the US have gotten in wave 2 of this series... Fillmore and Guido/Luigi have been found in a few states... hopefully they'll show up soon.

While I hope boogity will find this in the fatlad, I hope he doesn't eat his piston cup.

Leave a comment:

• boogity
    replied
    i,ll eat my piston cup if these every appear in the fatlad!
    (region of uk)

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Here are a few more photos of the Welcome to Radiator Springs 4 pack:

4 pack:

Ramone and McQueen

Sarge and Doc:

McQueen's video phone:

back of the box:

I did not buy the original Toys R US 10 pack so I don't know how this new McQueen video phone compares to the one in that original TRU 10 pack.

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    July 26, 2020: I found the Welcome to Radiator Springs singles and 4 pack at a Dayton area Target store today:

These are one of the best made cards in a long time - they do not appear to be as thin as the made in Thailand Cars/cards... made in Vietnam.

Target: 7/26/2020

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Update: July 20, 2020... the Welcome to Radiator Springs singles have been found at Target stores in the US... the DPCI is 087-07-8025.

3 stores in Indy have a case as well as one in Dayton - I won't be able to go look for awhile...

I will share the DPCI for the 4 pack as soon as I learn what it is - it's 087-07-6944... looks like 2 4 packs per case.

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    And there's evidently a soon to be released 4 pack in the Welcome to Radiator Springs series... Here's a photo from the Mattel website:

Here's the link:
    https://shop.mattel.com/shop/en-us/m...s-4-pack-gpn49

It is not available to order.

As far as we can tell Sarge is the only new Car in the 4 pack - the other 3 are like the singles which have been released in Germany at Muller.

I still think we might see this at Target - the series is not available to Mattel retailers such as Get Me Collectibles and Target has put their Fan Favorites series Cars on clearance... time will tell.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• GotFrank
    replied
    I still need that phone.

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Update: June 19, 2020: This series is currently looking like it's exclusive to Muller stores in Germany... there are 12 Cars per case - Ramone is short packed - only 1 per case... supposedly 3 McQueen and 2 of each of the other ones... Store price is 8.99 Euros so the US equivalent price before shipping is over $10 per Car.

Leave a comment:

• VANDANCE
    replied
    I am sorry to be negative Chris that’s not usually me- and there are so many important things to concern ourselves with during these times. But as a long term collector I get frustrated with the lack of inspiration and excitement from this series. At least the XRS off road series and the Rocket Racing series were new ideas and featured great design. I’ll stick with the main line, deluxe and 2 packs for now.

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Update: 6/12/2020:

In addition to the accessory in each pack, there is also a bumper sticker.

Also, at this point in time it does not appear that these are going to be available in the US... They have been found at Muller stores in Germany... hopefully we will see availability in other countries as well... please let us know if you find them in a store...

I understand that Muller is headquartered in the UK but may not have stores in the UK.

I definitely want a set of these... and yes, I miss Toys R US, niftynigel... and yes, I can see where you are coming from as well VANDANCE.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X