Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New at Walmart: Mattel NASCAR series (1/20/2021)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New at Walmart: Mattel NASCAR series (1/20/2021)

New at Walmart... January 20, 2021... the Mattel NASCAR series which will be another Walmart exclusive in the US.

The first 4 singles are:

Crew Chief Mater
    Lightning McQueen
    Pit Crew Luigi and Guido
    Jackson Storm - this is a different paint job than the traditional Jackson Storm.

Thank you, Mariela, for sharing the photo with us on the PCD Facebook Group page.

In the US, it appears that there will be 2 pegs for the NASCAR singles...and Walmart is no longer going to be carrying the mainline 2 packs.

I plan to share photos once I find them in stores.

Update: January 26, 2021 - I found a new photo on the Walmart site that shows additional NASCAR Cars that should be coming in future cases... here's the picture:

New next generation racers: Shifty Drug, Fiber Fuel, and Sidewall Shine.
    Next generation racers with new numbers: Vitoline and Blinkr.

This series is now much more exciting to me seeing a photo with 9 Cars as opposed to only 4 Cars.

Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Cool! Nice finds

Comment

January 26, 2021... I added a picture I found earlier today that shows 9 Cars in the series... added to the lead post.

SKU: 198578705
      UPC: 887961969061

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

My wife and I took a vacation down to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina a couple of weeks ago... I saw pegs for NASCAR singles but no Cars at 3 different Walmart stores I checked... the morning that we left to return home, an inventory checker showed stock at a store in Spartanburg that is right off the interstate... we stopped... I got lucky... here are pictures of the first 4 singles:

Lightning McQueen (quantity 3 of 8 in the case):

Jackson Storm (quantity 2 of 8 in the case):

Pit Crew Luigi & Guido (quantity 1 of 8 in the case):

Crew Chief Mater (quantity 1 of 8 in the case):

I also got a second set from my local Hot Wheels friend... hopefully I can open and take some photos soon.

I have yet to see any stores restock this as of today, February 15, 2021... and hopefully they show up in other countries soon.

Comment

March 28, 2021... Wave 2 has been found at stores in Pennsylvania, California, and Arizona...

Per Scavenger, the case contents is:

If it hasn't been established already the case content is...
          2 McQueen
          2 Mater
          1 Jackson
          1 Sidewall Shine (Carstin "Ace" Dillon) - sticker on packaging - originally spelled last name as Dillion
          1 Shifty Drug (William Byrev)
          1 Vitoline (Chase Racelott)

3 of 8 new... 5 will be pegwarmers... that's not good news for the line in my opinion.

Now to start checking inventory, hoping they'll come sooner rather than later.

Comment

Wow! They look fabulous!

The obvious places for these to be found in the UK would've been Toys R Us but they've gone or maybe ASDA. Wal-Mart recently sold their majority stake in ASDA, so it remains to be seen what their Cars (and toys in general) policy is going forward. Like all the supermarkets, ASDA have been reducing the non-food offerings. My local Sainsburys, which used to have a huge entertainment section, have stopped selling CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays completely. The toy section and clothes section has also reduced too! I guess they are struggling to compete with Amazon (who are now moving into food)!!!!

Comment

THERE IS NO WAY THESE WILL BE OUT IN THE UK, in a few years maybe b and m, well maybe take that back... the entertainer

Comment

Hope these turn up in Australia...

Comment

April 5, 2021... I went to the local Walmart during lunch today... I found some new NASCAR singles on the pegs.

Store finds:

Chase Racelott:

Carstin Dillon:

There is a label on the outside of the blister as the last name was originally spelled incorrectly as Dillion on both the label and the back of the card.

William Byrev:

Back of the Chase Racelott card:

Note the black tag on Carstin "Ace" Dillon - the last name was originally spelled incorrectly as Dillion... also, there is no picture of the racer on the back of its card - the back of Carstin Ace Dillon shows William Byrev and Chase Racelott, and the back of William Byrev shows Chase Racelott and Carstin Ace Dillon.

I was super excited to find these... since there were 2 Jackson Storm previously on the pegs I don't think they pegged the 2nd Carstin Dillon and William Byrev.

Comment

And one month after the 2nd case of NASCAR singles were found in stores, we have multiple reports of the 3rd case of NASCAR singles being found in stores... Found in northern New Jersey on April 28 and in Virginia on April 29... Ryan Inside Laney and GoGo Logano:

(Photo by Ferris, used by permission)

I think Ryan Inside Laney may be may favorite one in the series so far.

I will do what I can to help others with these... not all Walmart stores are carrying the NASCAR series... the Guido/Luigi single is currently the hardest one to find in stores as it was limited to 1 in the first case and is not in the second case... I don't know the contents of the 3rd case yet.

Comment

This past weekend we had a graduation party (from high school) for my oldest grandson, the one who got me hooked on Cars back in 2006 when he was 4 years old... I went down to southern Indiana on Friday to bring back my wife's mother so she could come to the party... Sunday I took her back home... 2 360 mile drives... I found these at 2 different Walmart stores (1 each day)...

Gogo Logano and Ryan Inside Laney:

This photo shows the back of the cardback - they are the same.

One of these days I'll open up a set of the NASCAR Cars and take pictures...

Comment

Here's a picture of Danny Swervez from the Walmart website - it's not been released yet.

Comment

Very cool, I echo what we are all saying who don’t live in the Stats, I hope they come to my country! Thanks for the great pictures

Comment

The newest case of NASCAR singles is starting to appear at Walmart stores... I'm now looking forward to Aric Almirolling (Retread) and Danny Swervez (Octane Gain):

And I don't like waiting for new Cars...

Great finds, Ferris! Thank you for letting me use your picture.

Comment

Here are the 2 newest NASCAR singles... Bubba Wheelhouse (who has been renamed Torqueberry Juice from Transberry Juice) and a new for 2022 variant Lightning McQueen.

McQueen has new rims with a single lug nut... from what I hear it's a shinier paint version... and supposedly the mouth and eyes are slightly different as well.

My only Cars purchases since before Christmas are these NASCAR; I've bought no mainline singles - I don't anticipate buying the same Car (or a slight variant) just because it's on a new card.

Comment

Working...
                              X