Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you keep track what you have and missing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you keep track what you have and missing?

How does everyone here keep track of their collection and what's missing?

Excel sheet? Word Processor?

I've been looking at numerous checklists and thinkign it over. Since my collection is pretty small, it's easy to keep track of what I have. What I need covers just about everythign LOL

I think a spreadsheet would work nice. Blank squares for what is needed, coloured for what you have have, etc...

Transformers for Trade
    Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

I downloaded "list master" for my android device, painstakingly went through pixar cars wikia adding all that I am looking for (opener, don't collect all variation), checked off what I have, it shows me what I don't have. Any time someone wants to know what I need, I export it and e-mail it to them. I would be happy to export my full lists to anyone who wants to do the same, you would just have to import it, modify for your needs, then you would be set!

Comment

That is a convenient way as well. I downloaded a list type of app on my phone...but I do not like. It works fine for short lists, but long lists are just a pain with it. I may have to play around with another app. I have a windows phone 7, I'll have to see if list master is available

Transformers for Trade

Comment

I don't keep track nearly as well as I should... I've started a spreadsheet or two... gotten a spreadsheet file to use but haven't kept up on it... Maybe there is an iPhone app?

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I keep track of what I don't have yet here on my Trade lists.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
          http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Method one: Eleven or so shelves holding all my Cars(1) diecasts.

Method two: All my Cars 2 dicasts dispersed on a 5' x 12' table.

Method three: Everything else packed in totes & factory cases.
            Each with a label of the boxes contents.

Comment

lol...that's one way of doing it lol

I have about 40 (maybe less) cars so it's quite simple. I pretty much have all of the ones I have memorised lol

Transformers for Trade

Comment

Well for me currently I have been using the poster i printed off the mattel website for the newer stuff. I know I have all from 2013 unless it was a duplicate of something we have from the Cars 2 series. And now im only focusing on the rubber tires so im gonna make a spread sheet of what i have and what im missing and sort by the Day.

I am going to make shelves similar to Franks and one is gonna hold the entire posters worth(hopefully). And another for the other things.

Btw am i the only one who's wife thinks they are absolutely nuts?? Im guessing not?

Comment

For Cars1, I bought one of those printed "books" that lists all the Cars that came out. Then I highlighted everything I had.
                  Cars2 is when I started collecting, so it was easy to keep track in my head.

I had tried that Delicious Library program where you can the UPC codes and it lists the product with a picture, but then I got lazy.

Comment

lol....definetly not looking for anything complicated.

I think a spreadsheet will work best for me.

I don't know how I'm gonna go about it though because as it stands right now...I don't want everything lol. So I'll just have to list what I want in my spreadsheet.

Transformers for Trade

Comment

"am i the only one who's wife thinks they are absolutely nuts??"

She came around eventually! lol

Comment

My wife, children, and grandchildren all think I'm nuts... several years ago my wife thought Cars was just a phase I was going through... not anymore.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

my wife thinks I'm nuts too. She keeps telling me she wished she knew how much of a geek I was before we started dating LOL.

She doesn't understand...you can take the collection away from a collector...but you can't take the collecting out of him.

Transformers for Trade

Comment

True, I went from movies, then scale models, to lego sets, then lego minifigs, then Cars

Comment

I had (probably still have) a cars 1 singles, deluxe and haulers checklist in Excel somewhere. I'll see if I can dig it out...

I didn't do it for Cars 2 as I could keep on top of it

I did have a Toons one, but didn't maintain it as I didn't collect the line

My wife did think I was nuts, but as my son now loves cars she's glad I've got loads for him and have come around...

Comment

Working...
                              X