Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Cars items have you not seen in stores?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Cars items have you not seen in stores?

We've had some discussion in Recent Finds for June 2013, so I thought I'd post a topic here... What Cars items have you not seen in stores?

Here's my list:

Super Chase Long Ge, Bindo and Prince Wheeliam - the singles from 2012 case H.
    Super Chase Flash - some Big Lots stores got in singles 2012 case G, but Flash was gone - thanks to Big Lots, I finally saw Chase Officer Murakarmi in a store.

Chase Fabrizio, Chase Sir Harley Gassup, Chase Alex Vandel, Otis, Suki (2012 cardback), Nick Cartone - the singles from 2012 case P and N (same as P minus Super Chase Cars)

2013 singles from case G and newer

Deluxe:
    Materhosen, Francesco Fan Mater, Elvis (2013 cardback), Dustin Mellows (2013 cardback).. and yes, I too have never seen The Queen in a store (only Funny Car Mater and Kiumura Kaizo).

Target 4 packs - I've never seen the Alloy Hemberger 4 pack and have never seen the Mama Bernoulli 4 pack.

TRU Radiator Springs Classic - I've never seen Nick Stickers in a store.

I think I've now seen everything else that has been released in the US in stores... and I have almost everything listed above from PCD supporter JMDL Toys and great PCD members and members of the Cars community.

I also have been fortunate to acquire from friends items that have never been released in the US.
    Last edited by cac1959; 06-13-2013, 04:38 PM. Reason: Added another Car

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

All the Super Chases, Chase Fabrizio, Chase Sir Harley Gassup, Chase Alex Vandel, Otis, Suki (2012 cardback), Nick Cartone - the singles from 2012 case P and N (same as P minus Super Chase Cars)

Other than them, I have seen everything else at retail.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I don't think I ever saw a Queen.

Comment

Yes yes and yes what they said.
        All Super chases
        Super Chase Flash - some Big Lots stores got in singles 2012 case G, but Flash was gone - thanks to my mother-in-law, she found Chase Officer Murakarmi in a grocery store.

Chase Fabrizio, Chase Sir Harley Gassup, Chase Alex Vandel, Otis, Suki (2012 cardback), Nick Cartone - the singles from 2012 case P and N (same as P minus Super Chase Cars)

2013 singles from case G and newer

Deluxe:
        Materhosen, Francesco Fan Mater, Elvis (2013 cardback), Dustin Mellows (2013 cardback)

Deluxe Queen Funny car Mater

Comment

Oh, this is a great question! Regional distribution is a CRAZY THING! My area is traditionally very good if I am an patient and timely. In the last year, there are a few I can think of that I never saw in the wild. Without help from friends, I would have never added them to my collection or the collections of others:

Galloping Gear Grinder
          Prince Wheeliam
          Bindo
          Super Chase Cars

A few cars I remember only seeing ONE TIME in the wild over the last year:

Sir Harley
          Fabrizio
          Cartney Brakin'

Comment

Alexander Hugo, Bindo, Becky Wheelin, Cartney Brakin, Fabrizio, Galloping Gear Grinder,
            Mary Escogar, 2 Packs, Nick Cartone, Officer Murakarmi, Prince Wheeliam, Sir Harley Gassup, V. Hugo
            Super Chase(s), Silver Series, Taia Tacotura, Taco Mater

All singles released to date, Elvis, Francesco Fan Mater, Materhosen
            Silver Series and I will include Ivan Mater into the list

Comment

After today's 190 mile Cars hunt and a shorter trip on Friday, I can now cross the following off my list of Cars that I've never seen in stores...

2013 singles from case G - I've now seen Darrell Cartrip with headset and Edwin Kranks but not Sputter Stop, Mama Topolino, and Chase Miles.

Deluxe: I've now seen Materhosen, Francesco Fan Mater (just one, one time), Elvis (2013 cardback) and Dustin Mellows (2013 cardback) - I've never seen The Queen in a store (only Funny Car Mater and Kiumura Kaizo).

TRU Radiator Springs Classic - I've now seen Nick Stickers in a store.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I can now scratch off Prince Wheeliam and Bindo! I wonder if posting things here can make it happen in the wild!! Hmmm ... I have not seen any Super Chase Cars in the wild yet!! LOLOL

Comment

After 5 trips to Indianapolis for training last week and a trip to Meijer Saturday morning (1000 miles driven in 6 days meant I didn't feel like going on a Cars and/or Planes hunt Saturday), I can now cross the following off my list of Cars that I've never seen in stores...

2013 singles from case G - I've now seen Darrell Cartrip with headset, Sputter Stop, Mama Topolino and Edwin Kranks but not Chase Miles.

I am still waiting on case H and newer singles.

Deluxe: I've now seen Materhosen, Francesco Fan Mater (just one, one time), Elvis (2013 cardback) and Dustin Mellows (2013 cardback) - I've never seen The Queen in a store (only Funny Car Mater and Kiumura Kaizo).

I haven't seen any Planes anywhere but TRU and Target (no singles there) - no sign of Planes at Walmart, Kmart, or Meijer.

And jestrjef - if posting what I haven't seen in a store is all I need to make it happen, I'll post here frequently!

Comment

I still have not found singles case G or H.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

all 8 super chases
                      Bessie, the queen, ivan mater
                      Carla crew cheif
                      Last edited by carslover; 09-17-2013, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Here's what I never saw in stores -

Victor H. (2013)
                        Flash
                        Francesco Fan Mater
                        Elvis RV (2013)
                        Francesco Crew Chief
                        John Lassetire Crew Chief
                        Cartney Brakin
                        Prince Wheeliam
                        Kabuto (2012)
                        Mama Topolino double pack
                        Leland Turbo Pack
                        Bindo

Comment

I can now cross Chase Miles with Hood off my list - I found one at an Indianapolis Target store yesterday:

I've also now seen (and left) the new Target 7 pack with Chauncy Fares:

So my updated list of what I haven't seen in stores:

Super Chase Flash

2013 singles from case H and newer

Deluxe:
                          I have never seen The Queen in a store (only Funny Car Mater and Kiumura Kaizo).

Target 4 packs - I still haven't seen the Alloy Hemberger and Mama Bernoulli 4 packs.

Comment

I can now cross the Mama B and Alloy 4 packs off my list... saw them at 3 of 4 Indiana Target stores today.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris View Post
                              I don't think I ever saw a Queen.
                              In most cases the Queen did not make it to retail stores. Because of those cases being 2012 product most retailers had put a 'stop' on ordering anything with the V2796 code. That resulted in thousands of cases with the Queen being sent off to liquidators. I know this first hand because I was involved in this.

Comment

Working...
                              X