Snot Rod with Flames - 2 versions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snot Rod with Flames - 2 versions

Just wondering if there's any precedents for this, a US car being different in material or finish to a Europe/RoW car?

Just noticed that the newly released Snot Rod appears to have translucent orange flames on US card, whereas the European card version seems to be opaque. Look at his black side stripe "through" the flame.

Maybe it's simply the flame is made if a different plastic/rubber compound in the US for legal reasons in line with the safety warning compliance label clearly visible? Even so, a bit strange.

US card

European card

Last edited by cac1959; 07-25-2013, 09:45 PM. Reason: Title change

Very interesting, Enzo. I must say, I like the translucent version better .... wonder if both will be found on both card backs or if it truly is a U.S./ European thing.

Comment

Very much agree Jeff, looks better and matches the other 3 Tunerz flames.

Comment

Very interesting, Enzo... I'm sure we'll have others post photos when they find them... I'm not sure how many times in the past a change in accessories has happened.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Is that an actual International card? Or a prototype?

Comment

One of our members, DaFickser, found an international carded Snot Rod with Flames in a store in Amsterdam... it has the translucent flames shown in the US version above... DaFickser posted a photo on our Facebook page... he also posted a photo on the website (reply 191) in the thread:

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...rchases/page20

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
              One of our members, DaFickser, found an international carded Snot Rod with Flames in a store in Amsterdam... it has the translucent flames shown in the US version above... DaFickser posted a photo on our Facebook page... he also posted a photo on the website (reply 191) in the thread:

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...rchases/page20
              Forgot to check R's photo, good call.

Oddly enough, the opaque/int'l card pic I used was sent to me from another Dutch collector.

Originally posted by John in Missouri View Post
              Is that an actual International card? Or a prototype?
              Yep that is an actual international card blister pack. So it's not a US/EU card thing, but it might just be a prototype photo as you suggest, but I've never seen one in retail packaging before. Curious and curiouser...

Comment

The plot thickens...

Blu has just uploaded video with US card Snotters. Guess what? Yep, OPAQUE flames.

Looks like we might have a genuine variant here, like "Zen Pitty with Moustache".

Comment

They are also not worried about people in Europe choking on small parts.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                  http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjack View Post
                    They are also not worried about people in Europe choking on small parts.
                    Yeah we play fast and loose with asphyxiating toddlers.

Either that or we're not so litigious that we require BIG BOLD WARNING SIGNS on packaging

Comment

Very interesting ... now to decide if I want to search for BOTH!! LOL

Comment

well done enzo! Very interesting!
                        My collection: http://www.jokibe.forumgratuit.lu/t2...cas-und-victor

Comment

one of my member found snot european and it's the same as the US picture: translucent flames!
                          My collection: http://www.jokibe.forumgratuit.lu/t2...cas-und-victor

Comment

*Update*

The Snot Rod seen in DS UK has the translucent flames. The Snot Rods available from a well known Dutch reseller have confirmed opaque flames.

Also eBay listings have US carded Snotters with BOTH variants.

I'm still veering towards the translucent version but at this point, I'd be grateful for either!

Comment

I wonder if that is because of different manufacture dates or because of different manufacturing locations. I am looking forward to finding EITHER as well! Though secretly, I want the Translucent version ... heck ... who an I kidding ... I will probably want both! LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X