Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
    *Update*

The Snot Rod seen in DS UK has the translucent flames. The Snot Rods available from a well known Dutch reseller have confirmed opaque flames.

Also eBay listings have US carded Snotters with BOTH variants.

I'm still veering towards the translucent version but at this point, I'd be grateful for either!
    Many thanks for the update, Enzo... I anticipate I'll add both versions to my collection, open and carded - I definitely want Snot Rod carded on both US and International cardback.

Come on case H... and case R... and...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I don't know that I'd want the opaque one.
      And LMAO @ Enzo's comment on the sue-happy toy eatin' Americans. Eventually everything here will be covered in Nerf foam... For legal reasons.

Comment

The new packages arrived in the Netherlands. Just found them in stores, the only thing is: I bought several packages of snot rod: I got both colour of flames. So it is not a difference between US/Europe.
        See picture! Hope you can see it. Only the lower part of the flame is a little bit transparant.

DSC_0109.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch Stickers View Post
          The new packages arrived in the Netherlands. Just found them in stores, the only thing is: I bought several packages of snot rod: I got both colour of flames. So it is not a difference between US/Europe.
          See picture! Hope you can see it. Only the lower part of the flame is a little bit transparant.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2738[/ATTACH]
          Thanks for posting your finds. Yeah, ignore the thread title as quickly found out (see other posts) that this was a variant not a US vs EU thing. It's also been suggested it may be a different place or even date of manufacture. Can you confirm the reference on the bottom of each of these? You usually can make it out even in its plastic coffin.

Comment

Title of thread changed - both types of flames found with both US and International versions of Snot Rod with Flames... now to just find it.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
              Thanks for posting your finds. Yeah, ignore the thread title as quickly found out (see other posts) that this was a variant not a US vs EU thing. It's also been suggested it may be a different place or even date of manufacture. Can you confirm the reference on the bottom of each of these? You usually can make it out even in its plastic coffin.
              Owh yes you are right sorry, did not read all posts perfectly and too quickly.. I will look at the bottom of these cars tomorrow. I can not see it good enough in the light of the lamp here. I need normal daylight. Will updat this post tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                Title of thread changed - both types of flames found with both US and International versions of Snot Rod with Flames... now to just find it.
                Thanks for that edit Chris.

Quite. Just have to find the little orange guy now! Interesting to see the eBay merchants are reducing their prices slightly, hopefully in anticipation of a wider release rather than just clearing their inventory.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch Stickers View Post
                  Owh yes you are right sorry, did not read all posts perfectly and too quickly.. I will look at the bottom of these cars tomorrow. I can not see it good enough in the light of the lamp here. I need normal daylight. Will updat this post tomorrow
                  If reading the car is a problem, the date is also stamped on the back of the card, usually just above the barcode. It's not always the same date as the car, but mostly is only a day or so different.

Comment

Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                    If reading the car is a problem, the date is also stamped on the back of the card, usually just above the barcode. It's not always the same date as the car, but mostly is only a day or so different.
                    I've got it. Hopefully this makes any sense: 1166 MJ 1. NL. Y343 Both have the same code. I never look at the production codes so I do not know if this is the right one.

Comment

My translucent one is datestamped 0983EEAA. The (damaged) one in the new 994B case I saw today was also a translucent flame with a date stamp of 1563EAA.

Comment

Day 98 of 2013 and day 156 of 2013... that's a long time between runs... what's taking it so long to get to the stores around me?

Comment

Day 98 of 2013 and day 156 of 2013... that's a long time between runs... what's taking it so long to get to the stores around me?
                          Because of all the Case F clogging everything up.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                          http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I would think that planes production may have something to do with the long time too

Comment

Working...
                            X