No announcement yet.

El Materdor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was able to trade for my El Matordor before it was determined to be rare. The card is pretty beat up, but it is still unopened. I have the plastic El Matordor from the playset out for the kids to play with. I bought Chuy the one and only time I saw him on card. He is opened though.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I saw a fair few El Materdors on the pegs when they were released and must have left about 10 of them. I did buy 2 and sell them on at cost as I didn't collect any of the Toons range.

Do I regret it?????? Selling them on at cost - not for a second. Not buying them all - absolutely - I wish I could have help others out, but at that point we didn't know he was going to be so rare...

Comment

Originally posted by MrBrownstone View Post
        I saw a fair few El Materdors on the pegs when they were released and must have left about 10 of them. I did buy 2 and sell them on at cost as I didn't collect any of the Toons range.

Do I regret it?????? Selling them on at cost - not for a second. Not buying them all - absolutely - I wish I could have help others out, but at that point we didn't know he was going to be so rare...
        if you had my luck, you would have bought them all and been stuck with them when mattel flooded the US with them lol

Comment

oh carslover, i won't mind if Mattel would flood the market with fresh El Materdors. Dad gum, just wishful thinking or day dreams. That would be soooooo sweet, but hey it is still Mattel, so not that much hope left for us.

Comment

I still hold out hope that we'll see El Materdor in the US; there has to be more of them in a warehouse somewhere.

I'd love to see a boxed set with El Materdor, Chuy, and as GotFrank mentioned in another thread, Senoritas Mia and Tia... Come on, Mattel.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I found my el materdor a few years ago on e-bay for 65$, new in package from mattel, so you can say i have made a great deal at that time... still hoping for senoritas mia and tia....

Comment

*bump*
                can someone please post the ass nr of El Materdor ?
                V27??/R....?
                Or post a pic of the back of the card ?

Thanks
                Cars Addict

Comment

with Mattel, its like talking to a brick wall almost. I'd love to get Chuy sometime
                  "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

Originally posted by DiZz View Post
                    *bump*
                    can someone please post the ass nr of El Materdor ?
                    V27??/R....?
                    Or post a pic of the back of the card ?

Thanks

Comment

Thanks !

Might be on to something...
                      Cars Addict

Comment

Now it cost more than $700

I bought this year 2 of them:
                        1. for $100 with damaged packaging (he will join to the collection of loose cars)
                        2. unopened with excellent card for $250.

I think I was lucky.

Comment

He can ask $700. But barring any seriously poor decisions.
                          I highly doubt it'll sell at that price. $250 is a lot closer to a sellable price IMO.

Comment

Insane either way.

Comment

A problem easily fixed by Mattel with a re-release or two.

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
                                A problem easily fixed by Mattel with a re-release or two.
                                Well we've seen Lizzie and now your namesake, and a handful of (Tokyo) Toons so who knows...

I have the DS Materdor and LMQ Picador, so I'm not fussed either way.

Comment

Working...
                                X