Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How was your Kmart 10 in-store event experience?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How was your Kmart 10 in-store event experience?

How was your Kmart 10 in-store event experience? Please post in this thread.

Include how many cases were available and how many others were at the event... if anyone sees a store photo, please take and post a picture... I have posters for the first 9 events; you can see them in 2 articles:

A History of the Kmart Cars Collector Events:
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...thread.php?172

A History of the Kmart Cars2 Collector Events
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...llector-Events

I know I've been the only one at the store I start at for 4 of the last 5 events...

I will open the thread for replies Saturday morning.

Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Pre-experience...

Glad they have a rule NOT to open box until 9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

How was your Kmart 10 in-store event experience?

Out by 9:10, nobody but me there, 2 cases...would hesitate to call it an event though

Comment

Kday went amazing! Organized set up with tickets and everything! 4 cases and and there were 3 others there. Almost every case was screwed up...one had two Francas. Pretty cool kday though! Got every car I needed.
        -Steve
        AKA Tmremote

Comment

I showed up at the Kmart near where I work just a few minutes after 9. I was the only one there and they had opened one of those boxes pictured above on a table set up in the toy department. I got 2 Mark Wheelsons, 2 Rukas, 2 Rips, 2 LMQs, a Boost, and a Mildred. I had a $5 off birthday club coupon, so the total came to just under $37 with tax. Since I'm guessing the UPCs need to match the receipt, I have to open all of these except for a Ruka, a Boost, and a Mildred in order to get 2 mail-ins. The good thing is I finally have a Mark Wheelson now. Just not a carded one.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
          http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Very uneventful event.

Comment

The event didn't really go as I planned. There were only 2 cases and I was first in line but this obnoxious family lied and said they were there before us.. So the manager came when the event was about to start and said 1 of each different car per person. But no one listened to that rule, I was lucky to come out with these

Comment

My Kmart had 6 cases so I picked up these. I was lucky to get two Rukas. Sorry the picture is sideways.
                RBCars77 check out my YouTube Channel @ RCcars5

Comment

KDay was great! Only one there and got to pick from 2 Cases. One was correct and the other Case was mispacked. There were 3 McQueens and 3 Luigi and Guidos instead of 5 McQueens and 1 Luigi and Guido.

Comment

Just to verify you mail in the cards and not the blisters right?
                    RBCars77 check out my YouTube Channel @ RCcars5

Comment

Out of the seven Kmarts local to me only one participated in the event (I went to all of them to find out last night )

We got there at 8:30 and walked around until about five after nine. No sign of any event so i asked the ladies at the customer service desk...they had forgotten all about it and had to go find the cars. After about ten minutes they brought two cases to me, cut them open and said to take what i wanted. I took both Rukas, a mark Wheelson, LMQ, and 2 Rips. My son got a LMQ, Sheriff,Boost, sputter stop, and Donna pits so we can both get a mail in promo

Comment

When we first got to our Kmart, there was a table and some plastic storage tubs set up over by the Pharmacy, where all the Halloween costumes are. They wheeled out 2 Master Cartons, each containing 2 cases of 24 Cars. So I was happy with that, when all of a suddent the Store Manager walked out with a third Master Carton. There were actually more employees (4) running the event than there were in attendance (2 -- my daughter and I, and 3 if you count my wife who was walking around shopping).

So we had our pick of the litter from 6 cases. Of the 144 Cars, we bought 102 of them. Like we've always done at previous events, we left the extras on the table, all organized in characters before we left: Sarge, Miguel Camino, Francesco Bernoulli, Sputter Stop, and Krate Rainson-Wash.

There were no posters in the Master Cartons, and no poster for the front of the store -- did anyone see that one at all?

Comment

The store received one master case and my son and I were in attendance and one other person. We already had Ruka and Mark Wheelson so the other person got those. We got 5 Rips, 2 Boost with Flames, Mildred, Lightning and Miguel Camino (not what I would have picked but son wanted another one. The rest were left sitting there..

Comment

Been to 4 stores so far... Only 1 at first and first person at store 2... At store 3 I saw someone I'd met at Target once and he told me a store I was going to skip had gotten 4 cases... I'm still short on Ruka and Mark and need to buy 5 more Cars on each of 2 purchases as at 2 stores I thought German mail in promo and bought 20 per receipt and not 25.

Saw 1 case with a Franca... Otherwise cases seem to match. 2 more stores to go to

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

There was no-one but my daughter and I at our closest KMart at 8am when the doors opened. And no-one at 9am when the event started (note to self: read what time it starts next time!). So we were lucky to get the pick of the boxes which was quite a treat. The more experienced of you will know this better than I but it appeared that there was a master case with two smaller cases inside which both seemed to have similar contents. Feels like Christmas in October!!

(not sure what the etiquette is for this so forgive me if I have breached the rules but if anyone is in need of Mildred Bylane, Mark Wheelsen, Krate, Ruka or Rip (x2) then I have them spare for trade if interested).

Comment

Working...
                              X