Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How was your Kmart 10 in-store event experience?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was my first event. I was a little nervous b/c I wasn't sure how many people were planning on attending. Turns out only 4 showed. My Kmart received 2 master cases so we all decided to each open a case. Only one of the cases was mispacked. I got all the cars I wanted for the mail-in promo so I didn't need to hit the other two Kmarts in my area. Opened 5 already but will need to return/re-buy the others. I mixed up my grouping b/c I was planning on keeping a couple LMQ's and Rip's carded. I think my son thought it was his birthday or something too.

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Last edited by LMQ702; 10-19-2013, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Mine and my sons first event it was real fun and I also took my brother to get a better chance , we just got mildred, mark wheelson, metalic clutchgonski, krate and 2 rukas 5 for the mail in offer and one extra ruka for trade if amyone wants it let me know

Comment

Originally posted by LMQ702 View Post
        This was my first event. I was a little nervous b/c I wasn't sure how many people were planning on attending. Turns out only 4 showed. My Kmart received 2 master cases so we all decided to each open a case. Only one of the cases was mispacked. I got all the cars I wanted for the mail-in promo so I didn't need to hit the other two Kmarts in my area. Opened 5 already but will need to return/re-buy the others. I mixed up my grouping b/c I was planning on keeping a couple LMQ's and Rip's carded. I think my son thought it was his birthday or something too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3249[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3250[/ATTACH]
        Nice finds! Do you have to mail in the card with the attached blister as you have pictured or just the card?
        RBCars77 check out my YouTube Channel @ RCcars5

Comment

Just the cardboard part.

Comment

One case had a Jonathan Wrenchworths in it. I took it. There was only one normal person we see every time there's an event.
            Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Originally posted by John in Missouri View Post
              Just the cardboard part.
              Thanks!
              RBCars77 check out my YouTube Channel @ RCcars5

Comment

Just my son and I were in attendance at our event. I drove 55 miles west this time. they were THANKING me for coming in as they told me that NO ONE has come to the Cars event the last 2 times. I told them advertising more would help, but that Mattel was to blame. They are no sending Kmart a very good selection of Cars. We both master case (4 cases of 24). We sorted them, boxed up the ones we needed for ourselves and the folks I offered to help, and put the rest on the pegs. No poster to speak of and my son was disappointed by that. The toy manager took my number and said they would call if they find one. All in all, it was a good day!

Comment

photo.jpg
                  One other person waiting there when I got there. They had 2 Master cases, no poster. We both picked what we wanted. I let him know about the cars collector sites and FB page as he didn't know anything about it and we exchanged numbers. As we were in line, another collector ran in and came over to the Cars table. I knew we'd gotten all the Rips so I went over to talk to the new person and let him have a Rip, but he wasn't talkative and ignored me, so oh well. I don't think he knew about the mail in giveaway either as we tried to tell him to get multiple receipts but he ignored us and scoffed off.

Comment

Here's mine. First store there were 7 people and my number got called first - sweet! My friend showed up to say hi to my kids so I had her grab a number as well - and she was called 3rd. So I 'helped' her pick the ones she needed. The guy who picked 2nd for some reason took all pegwarmers - must be a newbie. After everyone dispersed by friend gave me all of hers. Went to second Target and most were taken by 10:30am but I added some more Mildreds. Overall I did so-so today - thought it would be worse though seeing how many kmarts released the cars early.

Comment

One case had a Jonathan Wrenchworths in it. I took it. There was only one normal person we see every time there's an event.
                      Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

it was me, a man and wife, and another mother
                        I got 55 cars for the mail in
                        great for me, not so good for kmart as an event

Comment

So, for the people doing the mail-ins, are you sending the exact five (or more) card backs that match the receipt or just other 'qualifying' card backs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

I'm sending in the ones off my receipt for my first 2 mail-ins. I'm only opening 4 more Cars than I normally would, so I don't think it is worth it to take a chance.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                            http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I've got to look at my receipts... some have UPC codes and some have a Kmart SKU/ID... Of 6 Kmart stores I went to, 2 had gotten 2 master cartons (4 cases) and the others just got in 1 master carton (2 cases)... Saw and left Jorg at 1 Kmart... I'm short a few Ruka and Mark Wheelsen but think I got everything else I wanted and I've got a couple PCD members helping me out with those so I'm going to be close.

No posters anywhere - none in the master carton box and none in stores - no 30" x 30" cardboard store poster and no flyers or small posters like Met showed in a post on TakeFiveADay at:

http://www.takefiveaday.com/2013/10/...day-in-stores/

I'll add some photos later.

UPDATE: My e-receipts show specific UPC codes... at least one of my store receipts has a different number on it.

Thanks to everyone who posted about their Kmart 10 store experience.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

[QUOTE=KK&PP_Cars;33648]So, for the people doing the mail-ins, are you sending the exact five (or more) card backs that match the receipt or just other 'qualifying' card backs?

I have 7 mail ins that the cards match and I am sending in 3 that don't match to see if they get rejected or go through no problem

Comment

Working...
                                X