No announcement yet.

found Silver Frosty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yuffie - I think it's a combination. I think having two young boys would make Frosty very proud of his Small part in the Cars movie but also Target would be well aware it's a sales goldmine due to his popularity on the V8 circuit & cars fans alike. I know my son is proud that there's an Aussie car featured in an American movie that he loves & I'm sure alot of other young kids in Oz are too. Having met Frosty on a number of occasions he seems to really appreciate his fan base whether it's through Cars or V8's & has always stopped & chatted to my talkative son whenever we meet him. There are alot of kids wearing the Cars Frosty Merch at V8 & other events & I'd say that he is also proud to put the Merch out for his fans & meet the demand. Personally, I wish there was a greater range of Merch available here. Frosty is also an advocate for Child Car Restraints & I think he's made a couple of appearances to promote that as well.

I know when Frosty was released last year there was alot of criticism regarding the limited nature of them as alot of people missed out & Frosty received lots of complaints from fans & parents. It was popular with kids, V8 fans & Disney Cars collectors so there was a huge response to it. I'm glad they have made more available this year & I think if Frosty had his way, more would have been released than what Mattel allowed.

Good luck Silver Frosty! Hope you have success!!

Comment

thanks - it makes sense if it target is heavily involved as they would have the influence to get the cars produced

Comment

Melbourne is full of Silver Frostys!

I got a box of 12 and a few singles straight after delivery today. I asked a guy who had no idea and they went out the back, opened a box, gave me some and put some out. I then asked if I could have a whole box and he looked at me weirdly before going out the back and getting me it. No limit at this store and I got him. My 3 year old is very happy and sleeping with Frosty now!

The box is for swaps (not sale or ebay) so please see the trade thread if you are interested.

Here are some photos:

Comment

Now do I try and get to Southland for Frosty himself to sign them at 4pm tomorrow....!

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Frosty View Post
            Now do I try and get to Southland for Frosty himself to sign them at 4pm tomorrow....!
            If you can fit it in your schedule, I say "Yes"... I wish I could try to make it from the US, but as I don't have a passport, and shipping myself to Australia would be too expensive and not safe, I'll have to share through the experiences of others.

Well done, Silver Frosty... thanks for posting your photos.

And OzzieMum - thank you for sharing your insight on Frosty and the previous Super Chase version... It's good to see companies work to produce what their customers want.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by Jeaks View Post
              My find today at Target (Australia) was Silver (Mettalic) Frosty. Walking down the aisle and seeing these caused my heart to flutter. I am so happy gthat I had to share with the world.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3264[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3265[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3266[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3267[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3268[/ATTACH]
              More info please - are the shelves packed with these in Australia or would you say they are hard to find? And how many did you pick up today at Target?

Comment

Sadly these do not come to Spain :-(

Comment

Working...
                X