Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toys R US Cars Singles - the price has gone UP!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there was a post on T5 saying TRU will go into bankruptcy if they do not have a good Christmas so maybe this is their way of generating some extra revenue this Christmas to stay in business

Comment

Putting the price up will not get them more revenue. They are not a monopoly on Cars toys, so they will just sell less of them. Law of supply and demand my friend

Comment

Originally posted by maxgc53 View Post
        Putting the price up will not get them more revenue. They are not a monopoly on Cars toys, so they will just sell less of them. Law of supply and demand my friend
        Especially all those Bug Mouth McQueen's.
        Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

I was just at Peeples an hour ago and they had 2 PC Finns 1 PC Mater and 1 PC Francesco...then a few pegs under them they had 1 2013 Race official Tom. Didn't need him. I don't understand how they only had 1 2013 car. Then I found a J. Curby (2013, of course) near him (A car I needed) but at $7 (maybe it was $6..) I passed.

Ka-Chigga, Ka-Chow, and Ka-Ciao! - DjB

Comment

Ours in California also went up to $4.99 each. Craziness, I won't be buying them there, actually I'll probably just avoid going in there unless I have an ad to have them price match.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
            Check out my trades list, it's always up to date : http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...st-take-a-peek!

Comment

Tell you what, it worked out well for them. Just got back from target and tru, both I hit on Wednesday afternoon, and both were full with singles I did not need on Wednesday. Today, target is still full with singles and Tru ($4.99) was almost sold out! So people who don't know the price point are buying, which is what I think Tru was thinking. I bet price drops again in a week or so
              I am jbail10... I am also a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I never find anything at TRU anyway...

Comment

I stopped at an Indianapolis TRU last night on our way home from spending Thanksgiving with family... singles were $4.99... none worth considering... I know me - I'll pay that much for Costanzo Della Corsa and Milton Calypeer on Radiator Springs Classic cardback... I'll pay that much for a Chase or a Super Chase... but as far as most regular Cars... if I've gotten it elsewhere I'm not paying that price.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I am surprised the didn't honor it - they do all the time at mine.

However, our Toys R US is so disapointing here. All they ever have is Peg Warmers. I have had the most luck at our Walmart. Target is also usually peg warmers.

Comment

Picked up a few cars at Tru today and got them for $3.74 as they are on sale (25% off) so they raised the price just to put them on sale so the holiday shoppers think they are getting a good deal?

Comment

I was quite shocked to see them priced at $4.99. Thankfully, as with gtommec3, I purchased a couple on the 25% off sale at $3.74.

Comment

I only can dream to find cars at those price range,.... over here in belgium we pay about 7,99 eur (about 10,90 $) a piece..........

Comment

I hit a TRU today and there were no singles on the pegs. I hit the same store six weeks ago, and they didn't have any singles then either.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                            http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

$4.99 - I wish they cost that much!!! I went to TRU and they had Nick Stickers on RSC cardback (one of the few I, sorry, my son doesn't have) and he was £5.99 (~US$9.88)

I'm (sorry, he's) still without!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X