X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

^^haha I was just about to post this here myself

Comment

Unfortunately, my TRUs have nothing we need.

Comment

Originally posted by cuseoscar View Post
          I take that back. Found a newly stocked TRU today with Todd and all the RS 500 1/2 cars.

Comment

The RS Classics and the RS 500 1/2 Cars are also ringing up 2 for $8.

Comment

That is actually their motto.

Comment

I tried to price match at Toys R Us today and they wouldn't do it. They couldn't find the Cars singles at Wal Mart's website and they wouldn't price match on a photo of the new display that clearly shows $3.47. I asked if I brought a receipt from today if they would and they wouldn't I talked to one clerk and 2 different managers. For some reason Wal-Mart doesn't have the regular singles listed on their website and I've never seen a sales ad with Cars toys in it.

Comment

My TRU has been price matching from my Wal-Mart receipts. I guess it depends on the employee or store.
                  Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

It definitely depends on the employee/manager. I was told the same thing yesterday and went back today regardless with a Walmart receipt and the manager authorized it.

Comment

Originally posted by chasealpha1 View Post
                      I tried to price match at Toys R Us today and they wouldn't do it. They couldn't find the Cars singles at Wal Mart's website and they wouldn't price match on a photo of the new display that clearly shows $3.47. I asked if I brought a receipt from today if they would and they wouldn't I talked to one clerk and 2 different managers. For some reason Wal-Mart doesn't have the regular singles listed on their website and I've never seen a sales ad with Cars toys in it.

The same thing happened to me a few days ago. I bought 2 singles @ $5.99 each. Then I went back to the store with a photo of the Walmart pegs marked $3.47. They said no price match from photos or store receipts. I asked them to check Walmart.com but there were no singles on their site so no price match. I may try one more time with a Walmart receipt and speak to the manager. If they still refuse, I will return them as soon as I find a few Louis & Holley at Target and/or Walmart.

PS. TRU can stick their "price match" where the sun don't shine LOL.

Comment

I have tried both a receipt and a picture of the pegs and had success with both.

Comment

I have a Kmart fairly close and when I started collecting they had a lot of characters that I needed so I bought a bunch, but as I started finding them at Target and Walmart I returned most of them. I think I bought 15 or so from Kmart; ended up keeping maybe 2.

If you don't have competitive prices you won't sell anything and it's not like Kmart is a mom and pop operation.

Comment

Originally posted by RRichie09 View Post
                            If you don't have competitive prices you won't sell anything...
                            Not really - TRU is successful because they don't compete on price - they compete on breadth and depth of product lines. TRU is always going to have more toy selection than their competitors. Whereas my local Walmart will only have 1 case of Cars on the rack if that, my TRU always has at least 5 cases racked and of different assortments. So it's a tradeoff - I can find the car I need at TRU but I have to pay 50% more for it. If it's a hard to find car then it's worth it but for just a new casting it doesn't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by PopeMobile View Post
                              Not really - TRU is successful because they don't compete on price - they compete on breadth and depth of product lines. TRU is always going to have more toy selection than their competitors. Whereas my local Walmart will only have 1 case of Cars on the rack if that, my TRU always has at least 5 cases racked and of different assortments. So it's a tradeoff - I can find the car I need at TRU but I have to pay 50% more for it. If it's a hard to find car then it's worth it but for just a new casting it doesn't make sense.

Especially read the last paragraph:

http://www.northjersey.com/news/repo...rters-1.734605

Comment

Many thanks for the link, Micky... I found it interesting reading and agree that management has no clue as to what's in the store... Toys R US, Kmart, Target - all use a store part number or SKU to identify merchandise... For example, TRU uses the same number for all Radiator Springs Classic singles... it doesn't identify that one store has 50 Bug Mouth McQueen and no other RSC singles... Meijer sees they still have 6 Deluxe on the pegs and won't order more - they can't see that they have 6 Submarine Finn McMissile which has been out since May 16, 2011... Many times others have posted how they ordered online at TRU or Kmart and what they got wasn't what the ordered... I remember a friend ordering 4 Shiny Wax haulers from the TRU website and when the package arrived it was 4 Sidewall Shine haulers... and I checked a TRU store which showed 6 Shiny Wax haulers in inventory and they had 6 Sidewall Shine haulers.

I like finding what I collect in stores, but I'd be content to order online if I'd receive what I'd order and wouldn't have to send back or take back to stores Cars with paint scratches or chips.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Working...
                                X