No announcement yet.

RS Team Lightning McQueen - Target (US) exclusive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another instance where I'm glad I'm not a cardboard collector!

Comment

I bought two of these yesterday at Target. They did not have the special box that you might get online.
      Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

My Target.com order arrived this evening. It is the same as the retail package, not the special box. I will return it tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Micky View Post
          My Target.com order arrived this evening. It is the same as the retail package, not the special box. I will return it tomorrow
          that sucks, they may be out of the red boxes

where was your package shipped from?

Comment

Originally posted by carslover View Post
            that sucks, they may be out of the red boxes

where was your package shipped from?
            Indianapolis, IN

Comment

So maybe I need to send carslover money to have him try to order a few... Hmmm....

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                So maybe I need to send carslover money to have him try to order a few... Hmmm....
                I would probably get the white boxes now too
                as I tried to place a second order the next day (before I even knew the red boxes were coming)
                and was told the item was restricted and could not ship to texas
                so maybe the red boxes were not even supposed to be sent out

Comment

A friend in Pennsylvania placed an order on Sunday night... his shipped from Indianapolis... and contained 5 in the red McQueen box... I don't understand...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                    A friend in Pennsylvania placed an order on Sunday night... his shipped from Indianapolis... and contained 5 in the red McQueen box... I don't understand...
                    WOW looks like they are shipping what ever is handy

Comment

I ordered 2, shipped from Indianapolis and arrived today, same white boxes as in store (although, at my store at least, I've yet to see any)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Update: RS Team Lightning McQueen: 11/15/14

Here are a couple more pictures, courtesy of musicnywu1, who ordered 1 more McQueen from Target.com and received one in a red box... many thanks, Danny.

Here's the original UPC:

(Photo by musicnywu1, used by permission)

Here's a UPC containing a yellow sticker with a different UPC:

(Photo by musicnywu1, used by permission)

My thoughts... it looks like it was intended to be released earlier than it was... quite possibly from a different retailer... the UPC starting 46775 from Danny's first picture fits in with the singles and other releases starting with the 2013 and continuing with the 2014 releases... The UPC on the yellow sticker starting 87961 in Danny's second picture matches the 2015 releases I've seen so far (Deluxe Frank, Red, Gray Semi, and Richard Clayton Kensington and 8 2015 carded singles)... the UPC on the yellow sticker matches the UPC on the bottom of the Target store McQueen as shown in my picture (repeated from the lead post on this topic):

It sure looks like it should have been released earlier than it was...I wonder if it's possible to place an order using the 46775 UPC...

Many thanks for the first 2 pictures, Danny Floravit (musicnywu1)!
                        Last edited by cac1959; 11-15-2014, 05:51 PM. Reason: More photos, more information

Comment

Danny, officially a variant cardboard collector now.

Comment

Working...
                          X