Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The first 2015 case of Movie Moments is here!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweeeeeeet, keep em coming mattel.

http://carstoys.wikia.com <--My wiki

http://flickr.com/carstoys/ <--My Flickr

Comment

Chris, is the Easy Idle in the movie moments pack a flat-eyes variant?

Comment

angry eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Bumper Save View Post
          Chris, is the Easy Idle in the movie moments pack a flat-eyes variant?
          It looks to me as if the eyelids are painted on the windshield... is that what you mean by flat-eyes?

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

The older PC racers have sculpted brows, there is a raised area where the brow would be. Sometime this year Mattel appears to have eliminated the sculpted brow. Another easy example to check it is with a recent Flo vs an older Flo, they stopped sculpting her brow as well.

Comment

Already bored of them.... I'm glad Mattel decided to make all of these repeats.

So did Mattel make these two packs just to spite us? Release the RPM one with his crew chief and the Easy Idle one without? Don't you think that could have been the perfect opportunity to release something new? I don't know, like THE EASY IDLE CREW CHIEF.

Comment

There are plenty of repaints that are new that we would be thrilled with to keep cars humming until the next movie. I do think they are on the right track, just give us some new along the way. It would be so easy to give us some new pittys like Shifty Drug, Sputter Stop, Transberry Juice, on and on. Crew chiefs, pittys, haulers all easy peasy because they are all repaints. I appreciate the new sculpts that they are doing, if they could just give us a bit more with repaints, finishing lines etc. If they could just recognize that they need something to drive sales in each case and with each wave.

Comment

My theory on repeats has always been that someone at Mattel ordered 10,000 of each to be made, but accidentally keyed it in as 100,000. So somewhere in the world there is a warehouse FULL of everything we've already seen before. I'd also wager that we'll never see repaints.

Comment

Pitty molds have been made - repaints would be fairly easy and straightforward to do.

Many crew chief molds have been made - pickup truck, car, SUV, the Bumper Save style - it would be easy to do repaints...

Assuming that the number 100,000 is accurate (for the sake of math)... do they have to do 100,000 identical items? Or could they do 5000 of each of 20 identical mold pittys with different colors and decals?

Sales would increase if we'd see more new Cars.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by John in Missouri View Post
                      My theory on repeats has always been that someone at Mattel ordered 10,000 of each to be made, but accidentally keyed it in as 100,000. So somewhere in the world there is a warehouse FULL of everything we've already seen before. I'd also wager that we'll never see repaints.
                      I wish we had a reasoning as to "why" Mattel is allergic to repaints particularly when it comes to finishing a series. I'm not saying you are wrong, in fact history suggests you are right. But why? And maybe the warehouse idea is it, except one problem. Sculpted brow vs flat. That tells us these are new runs. So why NOT do the new cars with repaints? How tough can it honestly be? You already have the decals and paint color from the PC racers. Just do the crew chiefs and pittys.

Comment

Originally posted by Raginpage View Post
                        I wish we had a reasoning as to "why" Mattel is allergic to repaints particularly when it comes to finishing a series. I'm not saying you are wrong, in fact history suggests you are right. But why? And maybe the warehouse idea is it, except one problem. Sculpted brow vs flat. That tells us these are new runs. So why NOT do the new cars with repaints? How tough can it honestly be? You already have the decals and paint color from the PC racers. Just do the crew chiefs and pittys.

Alright, so changing my theory a little, perhaps they ordered 100,000 sets of logos, enough paint for 100,000 of each, etc., etc., etc....

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                          Pitty molds have been made - repaints would be fairly easy and straightforward to do.

Many crew chief molds have been made - pickup truck, car, SUV, the Bumper Save style - it would be easy to do repaints...

Assuming that the number 100,000 is accurate (for the sake of math)... do they have to do 100,000 identical items? Or could they do 5000 of each of 20 identical mold pittys with different colors and decals?

Sales would increase if we'd see more new Cars.
                          You're right, if Mattel stopped focusing on all the main characters from both movies, and had more new characters I'd be much more thrilled to check for cars every time I'm at Walmart. At the moment I'm sick of seeing Lightning Mcqueen, no matter what variant he is.
                          "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

Originally posted by John in Missouri View Post
                            I'd wager that we never see the rest of the pitties or Haulers. lol... I have to laugh about it or I'll get too serious and disgusted over it when I have no control over it.
                            "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

Hey Cac, that easy idle has an incorrect front wheel yeah?

http://carstoys.wikia.com <--My wiki

http://flickr.com/carstoys/ <--My Flickr

Comment

Yes, the first Easy Idle/Easy Idle pitty 2 pack that I received has a Jeff Gorvette rim... I bought another one with the correct rim a couple weeks later.

Has anyone seen any 2015 Movie Moments in stores yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X