No announcement yet.

Kmart Cars Collector Event Store Experience: 6/16/12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like it went fairly well for most people. I needed help from friends, and have gotten it... can't wait to see these Cars in person!

Sounds like a long day Chris!!!

Comment

They are very nice and well done. I think the Carla and Lightning look sharp with the colors and paint.

Comment

First photos

Here are the first photos of the event, uploaded...

I scored 2 store posters this time:

I like the poster:

Here are a few photos of the foldout poster -there were 3 of these per master carton:

Here's a master carton - I used it to help store the Cars I purchased while I traveled around western Ohio:

I also brought with me a fairly good sized box which I used to help store Cars while I traveled... I'm glad I did; it kept the Cars from sliding around all over my trunk.

Here's a case box:

The code on the box is W7057-999A, and the factory code on the box is 0922 EAA...

I also found and bought this at the first Kmart store I stopped at:

I suppose you all want to see pictures of the Cars both carded and opened, and I'll do that... I need to eat supper first...

I think they are nice looking Cars - however, the combination of the Silver Series Jeff Gorvette and the Yellow Jeff Gorvette cardback clashes, in my humble opinion.

It was definitely stressful driving from store to store and looking for what I needed - I drove 250 miles today... I am a few Chase Celine short of being able to take care of who I needed before the event and the few people that asked for help once I was out on the road.

I don't think I'll get a new article written this weekend... suffering from a little Cars fatigue...

Chris
        Last edited by cac1959; 06-17-2012, 12:33 AM. Reason: Added photos of foldout poster

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Photos of the carded KM8 Cars

Here are photos of the carded KM8 Cars:

Carla:

cardback:

Raoul:

cardback:

Francesco:

cardback:

Lightning McQueen:

cardback:

Shu:

cardback:

Jeff Gorvette:

cardback:

Acer with Torch:

cardback:

Chase Celine Dephare:

cardback:

Note how the Acer with Torch and Celine do not show Silver Series racers on the back; that leads me to think we might see them again in a future case assortment.

Photos of opened Cars to follow later...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Awesome job as always, thanks for the update and the pics.

Comment

Kmart 8 was the BIGGEST disappointment EVER.. Went in at 10:00 they had NOTHING. Just a ton of the Silver Racers. No Celine and no acer with torch.. Asked the worker if they had more cases in the back, they said people were buying out all their cases.. It was a terrible K8 for me.

Comment

Kmart 8 very easily could have turned out to be a BIG flop BUT thanks to my loving family (wife, one of two daughters, and both sons) we were able to score six FULL sets from out Kmart. We had to compete with 3 Hot Wheels/eBayers for 4 cases. Four tickets were called and each given a case and here what was taken:

1st ticket - my 5 year old son (grabbed both Celine, both Acer, and Shu)
                2nd ticket - eBayer (grabbed 5 silver racers)
                3rd ticket - my 7 year old son (grabbed both Celine, both Acer, and Shu)
                4th ticket - ME (grabbed both Celine, both Acer, and Shu)

5th ticket - Hot Wheel guy (was paying attention and went to eBayer case and grabbed both Celine, both Acer, and a silver car)
                6th ticket - daughter (grabbed both Carla, both Shu, and Gorvette)
                7th ticket - wife (grabbed both Carla, both Shu, and Raoul)
                8th ticket - Hot Wheel guy 2 (grabbed one of each silver racer and left)

After this it was a free for all and those guys each finished a silver racer series set and we finished out six full sets plus a left over Carla. We also received the cardboard store poster and one case poster (very nice). Later, we went to another Kmart out of town and met up with some friends (arrived at about 12:30pm). We saw a few silver racers on the pegs but nothing worth anything. So, I asked if they had any more in the back. The associate brought out three cases which still had 4 Celine, 4 Acer, 5 Shu, 5 Shu, and a Raoul. I also was able to get the cardboard store poster there. So, in total we were able to snag:

6 x Jeff
                11 x Shu
                12 x Carla
                6 x Raoul
                6 x Lightning
                6x Francesco
                10 x CHASE Celine
                10 x Acer with torch

Also, was able to get a FULL case that is being shipped to a great friend of mine because he knew the trouble I have went through with Kmart.com. This case will be going to another friend in Australia.

I am a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Thanks Chris for picking cars up for me!
                  I wish we had Kmarts in Canada

Comment

Im happy to hear most of you managed to get what you wanted.

Nice photos chris, look forward to seein acer n celine open

Comment

Showed up at my local Kmart at about 9:15 yesterday and there was nothing set up in the front. We walked back to the toy section and still nothing. Asked the lady at Customer service about the Cars event and she had no idea what I was talking about. I told her there was a poster in the lobby that said the event was today at 9 AM. She called someone on her radio and the person on the other end stated that they were doing it Sunday the 24th. So I asked for a manager. Here are my kids posing with the poster in the lobby...

It took about 20 minutes for a manager to come up to the front and they said they forgot about it. So they went to the back to get a master carton. They opened all four cases and let my son dig through the boxes...

I wasn't going to buy the silver racers but they did look really cool in person. My daughter liked Celine the most, and BobbyJack didn't seem too thrilled about another Acer...

The poster was pretty cool because unlike last year, there are quite a few on it that we don't have yet. Last year's poster had only 2 or 3 that we didn't have at that point...

It was hard to get a good picture because the wind was blowing the poster around and the sun was in the kids eyes. Not a bad Kmart day, but better than the last two.
                      Last edited by bobbyjack; 06-18-2012, 01:14 PM.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                      http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Originally posted by Outlawbak View Post
                        My K Mart, which last event had 5 Masters, this time got one, and no posters announcing the event were even in the window… 5 people showed before 9, me, husband/wife, dad/son….Assist Manager saw 4 people, handed each one of us a case, did not follow any game plan….turns out the others were one family, supposedly from Houston, and the one dude bought all three cases when they got to checkout….refused to leave one CAR behind when I stopped him and asked if he was buying all three,since I was buying for myself and BMW…..another family showed at 9:15 with a special little boy…dad chased down the dude into the parking lot and offered him what ever he wanted for just one CAR for his special 5 year old boy who was crying….no deal, dude said he was headed for other KMARTs because he needed more CARS. I know the family, so I will try to help after helping BMW. Went back and talked to Assist MGR who apologized profusely, if she had know they were all one family, or that another family had traveled from across the boarder, she would have tried to do something different to make sure everyone would have gotten something.

BMW and I have been unable to score the extra CELINES (2), ACER WITH TORCH (2) and SHUs that we had hoped to get so if anyone can get extras to help, please do and let BMW or myself know
                        THANKS
                        Outlawbak
                        Dave - the more I read your story, the more I want to help out... I'd like to make sure that 5 year old boy gets the Car(s) that he wanted from this Kmart event... In fact, I'd like to send him one of my complete sets (or what he needs to make a complete sets).

Please contact me.

Chris

Great photos as well, bobbyjack - thank you for sharing...

Comment

Great photos

Wish they would do these kind of events over here in the uk..although i think there would be a stampeed and ebayers would snatch the good ones

Comment

KM8 photos of loose Cars

I opened a set of Kmart 8 Cars this morning... Here are some photos:

Racers:

Carla:

Francesco:

Raoul:

Shu:

Jeff:

Lightning McQueen:

Acer with Torch:

Chase Celine:

I think my 3 favorite racers are Lightning McQueen, Shu, and Carla... It also seems strange to me that Celine's eyes are on the headlights and not on the windshield.

Comment

Well, I'm glad that most of you guys got everything you wanted. Bobbyjack, that's a hilarious pic of your son "not too excited about another Acer". And way to go, Chris- coming through for that shafted 5 year-old boy. Happy Father's day everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                                Just got back... drove 250 miles today... I am worn out.

And Outlawbak - I have what you and BMW need... I'm glad I could help you out.

Every store I stopped at received one master carton... 4 cases of 24... had the case of 24 had 3 of each of the 8 Cars that would have been a wonderful case assortmnet... Unfortunately, thanks to Mattel, there will be left over McQueen, Francesco, Raoul, and Jeff on the pegs or shelves for quite a while.

Nothing new at any of the other stores I stopped at - the TRU did have the cube and I saw Victor and Chase Ramone but left them... Nothing new at the 1 Walmart or 1 Target store I stopped at... and the Meijer store I stopped at was out of gasoline (petrol) at the gas station... I coasted to another gas station 3 miles away on fumes...

Thanks to all who posted about their store experience today... I will add photos later.

Chris
                                Heard from Arbara THANKS CHRIS for your help!!
                                We only have 1 KMART 45 minutes away in LA, the next one was over 3 hours towards New Orleans, first time in all the events they had only 1 Master Case...usually have 4-5, so I was surprised when they brought out only the one Master...knew then I would not be able to get all that we were looking for and was counting on BMW's grandson who has never had problems either. AGAIN THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!
                                Outlaw

Comment

Working...
                                X