No announcement yet.

Return of the CARS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think that 10 pack won't stay on the shelves for long.
    great photo's once again lovemini,thank's for the updates

Comment

The new packaging is really nice and that 10 pack has a really nice selection. Thanks lovemini for sharing the news...

Comment

Id love one of those 10 packs!!
        Thanks for sharing photos again

Comment

10 box looks really nice and love the packaging on flo's cafe.

I feel some I the single cars are weird choices and I can think of much much better cars that would have sold like crazy..

For instance shiny wax?? Give us plastic wheel Tachomint! Or Nitroade body Dale

Lizzie!

Tractor as a single

Twin pack of new pity's we don't have for example Mood springs and Easy idle forget the tool boxes and tire stack

Dirt track Doc Hudson

Or a few of the prototype Final laps we never saw in store

Put me in charge lol

Comment

That 10 pack is well nice

Should be Dexter Hoover instead of Marlon though...

3 cars in there that I don't have....

Comment

More Cars 1 items are coming

Now available on pre-order on the Toys R US website:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...uctId=12841945

The return of Flo's V8 Cafe... Supposedly available on October 1, 2012.

When I first got my V8 Cafe at TRU, it was $24.99; the other 3 were $19.99.

Several month later, Flo's V8 Cafe was up to $29.99 and what was left of the others were $24.99... I helped a few friends back then... I know many of you would like to add the original playsets to your collections.

Now Flo's is $34.99 on pre-order (due for release October 1)... I expect the others to come back at $29.99... I would love to see new Radiator Springs playsets... The Cozy Cone... Doc's Museum... Sarge's Surplus Hut... Fillmore's Tent... Mater's Junkyard... the Courthouse...

They've also added the Tractor Tippin playset to the website... it's on pre-order... however, I have friends who have found it in stores and posted photos elsewhere... here's the old Race-o-Rama version:

On the ROR version, the boy is wearing a green shirt... on the newer releases (Night Skyline and Classic versions), it's a black shirt... same boy... same shirt - just used software to change the shirt color.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I love the shirt variant haha. Collect them all!

As for the play sets, I'm glad to see them returning but man, the price jumped $15 since the Desert Back? And if they rerelease anything, at least make Doc's, Sarge's and The Cozy Cone. I don't see how they could easily make Fillmore's Tent with an opening roof, since all of the other play sets have opening roofs. I would love to see it made though! As for the Courthouse, I would need the strip mall of shops first, as putting the Courthouse right next to Luigi's and Ramone's would be pretty weird.

Thanks for the great info cac!

Comment

Singles have been found at Toys R US stores in Missouri and Nevada...

The first set of 8 include:
                  Fabulous Hudson Hornet with red rims
                  Shiny Wax
                  The King
                  Chick Hicks
                  Dexter Hoover with Yellow Flag
                  Ramone (purple)
                  Radiator Springs McQueen
                  Tex Dinoco

I really don't intend to collect them all on the classic cardback... I see myself buying the first 5 of the 8 I have listed above... I am considering going after the Supercharged Cars that I do not have carded...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Add northeast Indiana to the list... Courtesy of my friend Chad, cptnmorgan_1972:

Ramone:

Chick Hicks:

Radiator Springs McQueen:

Shiny Wax (added 7/28/12) - found at a TRU in a different city along with a King with damaged cardback:

Those were the only ones he saw on the pegs... $3.99 each... I may make a road trip early in the morning tomorrow...

Thank you, Chad, for the great photos.

So much for me only buying the racers... he got me one of each of the 4 and will look elsewhere next week.

Update:
                    I read a report on carsthetoys.com that there are 12 singles in the case:
                    2 each of The King, Chick Hicks, Radiator Springs McQueen, and Shiny Wax
                    1 each of Ramone, Dexter Hoover, Tex Dinoco, and Fabulous Hudson Hornet

Here are UPCs for the ones shown in the above photos:
                    Ramone: 746775208684
                    Chick: 746775208752
                    Radiator Springs Ramone: 746775208660
                    Shiny Wax: 746775208776

Someone in Minnesota found the new Flo's V8 Cafe in a TRU store as well.

I didn't go look on Saturday but I may go on Sunday...

Comment

Added photo of Shiny Wax... found by Chad in South Bend, Indiana on 7/28/12.

Comment

Loving the Chick Hicks!

Comment

I still have not loose or card Radiator Springs McQueen, so that is great to add this car to my collection for now. :-)

Comment

Just got a text with photos from my friend Chad... here's what he's found today:

The last 4 singles I needed for a complete set:

The Tractor Tippin game:

Back of Tractor Tippin game - the shirt color has been changed from the Race O Rama version:

Race O Rama version from post #36 in this thread:

Even though I have all of these new Radiator Springs Classic items in other cardbacks (or opened), I'm more excited to see these than I am non diecast Cars2 items...I like the new diecasts... I like the Lights and Sounds... I like the Metallic Finish Cars2 items... but they are all diecasts, and that's what I like.

Comment

nice is the lmq in the playset diecast?

Comment

I will have to check - my guess is that the McQueen is plastic... usually playsets do not include diecast Cars.

Comment

Working...
                                X