No announcement yet.

Return of the CARS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking at the pic on the front,lmq's eyes and mouth do look a bit funny.

Comment

So it appears that the return of the Radiator Springs Classic series is getting ready to come in full force at Toys R US stores in the US... I posted about the Radiator Springs Classic The Three Way Tie 10 pacK/

Just found the new Radiator Springs Classic 10 pack on the US TRU site for $39.99:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...uctId=12841903

If you're missing several of these Cars, it's a good deal... It includes Finish Line McQueen, red Mia and Tia, Race Tow Truck Tom, Race Official Tom, King, Chick Hicks, Bob Cutlass, Darrell Cartrip, and Marlon Clutches McKay.

From the TRU link:

The TRU Item number is 807143
      The SKU is BA7AABBC
      The UPC is 746775221829

Now comes word that 2 new 3 packs have turned up in a few TRU stores... Retail price is $12.98 (I remember when 3 packs were $7.98)...

Main Street Spinout features Spinout McQueen (one of my favorites), Purple Ramone, and Guido and Luigi.

Fixin' the Road features McQueen with Shovel (which was in Final Lap case G if I remember correctly), Sarge, and Fillmore.

I'll try to find photos to post when friends find them in stores.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

To bad "Fixin the Road" doesn't include Bessie. I will have to check out the TRU here next to my work when I get off in a few hours. I haven't found any of the rereleases except for the Tractor Tippin' set.
        Last edited by bobbyjack; 08-05-2012, 09:21 PM.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
        http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Yes, a 3 pack with McQueen with shovel, Bessie, and Sheriff would have been an awesome boxed set.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I'm really liking this new line. I have yet to see them at TRU but I am hopeful they will arrive soon. I need the variant King, variant Darrell, FL McQueen, Dexter, PT Shiny Wax, and a new Tex (mine has no mirror). Also I have plans to customize the extra Mia, Tia, Tow, Marlon, and Tom if possible.

Comment

Here are photos of the first 8 singles:

Fabulous Hudson Hornet:

Chick Hicks:

The King:

Shiny Wax:

Radiator Springs McQueen:

Dexter Hoover with yellow flag:

Ramone:

Tex Dinoco:

I hope these aren't too difficult to find... I've been in 3 stores and seen 1 single, Radiator Springs McQueen... with gas up to $3.95.9 a gallon, I won't be making any Cars hunting trips without having another reason to go somewhere.

Comment

If we over here was buying gas (petrol) for $3.95 a gallon I think we would all have storage tanks in our gardens. Ours is Ł1.31 a litre at present even higher in places. I only have to start my car and I've done $3.95. If you guys over there think the gas is bad you wanna come here, its a total joke and getting even worse. At least theres new cars in your stores if you do decide to go Cars hunting. Since Ive come back from the US a month ago now I haven't brought one new Disney car. What the hell has happened to Mattel over here in the UK. Its really sad for collectors let alone the kids.

Comment

I know gas (petrol) is still cheaper in the US than in most other countries - we got spoiled with lower gas prices...

As far as new Cars in stores, it's still hit and miss... Since Kmart day, the only new Cars I've seen in stores are 1 Radiator Springs McQueen TRU exclusive single and the Take Flight Deluxe... I guess I have to count the Micro Drifters too but I'm not going to collect them... I am thankful and grateful that I have friends that help me out and have an online retailer that can provide me with product.

TRU seems to be the only chain getting new merchandise - my nearest one is 70 miles away... I saw some of the Radiator Springs Classic singles on their US website the other day - thought I'd buy 6 Fabulous Hudson Hornet... they adjusted my order from 6 to 1 and by the time you added shipping it was $9.00; I removed it from my cart.

Our Walmart just pulled all the 2 packs (Finn/Tomber and Race Team Mater/Zen Master Pitty) from the shelves as well as the Finn singles... they put out 2012 case A... It is supposed to be company wide but we'll see... I won't be taking a dedicated Cars shopping trip for a while... I hope to stop at a few stores on Sunday when I go to Indianapolis for a Nathan's Playroom board meeting.

I think we all need to be patient just a little longer and the new Cars should be arriving in stores... it's tough on collectors and kids both when there's no new product to purchase... people move onto something else.

Comment

I am pretty sure the UK will never get back to normality for collectors (which is probably a good thing), Take Flight and RSC are not available in the UK at the moment.

And it looks like we do not have cases like the Rest Of the World now. Cases are marked with white stickers after they have been re-mixed, Mattel UK now have to manually re-mix after the cases arrive, so they now control the cars that are taken out and the cars that are put back in the new case mixes.

We will see new cars, but we will not know whats in the cases... its kind of fun in a sick twisted way. So in the UK forget about patience, just be grateful of a case that you dont know its contents... it takes us onto a whole new level... 'The Chase, has only just begun'!...................... great!!!!!!

Comment

In the Uk the newest car I've actually seen on the pegs is Hudson Hornet Piston Cup LMQ!!!

I've managed to get a Radiator Springs Ramone via a trade and also the KMart cars from cac1959 but have held off on all other cars hoping they would show up and I could buy them. Looks like I may end up having to look to trade for cars I don't have, although I have nothing to trade with...

Mattel UK has really screwed us over. I've not bought a car in the last 4 months (may be longer). I'm just so glad I have lots of cars stored up to give my son else I'd be in a really bad place right now. I feel an e-mail to Mattel UK coming on...

Comment

And here I thought you'd say that we had another checklist coming on... Radiator Springs Classic singles...

I sure hope the retail situation picks up soon... again, other than Kmart 8, I've bought very few new Cars items in stores in the last 9 months... I got launchers and singles and boxed sets in Texas around April 1... I've bought a few things at TRU stores in a few trips (1 Radiator Springs McQueen single, one piece Jeff Gorvette single, Victor H and Vladimir Trunkov... Streets of Japan 5 pack)... and I bought the Radiator Springs Race 7 pack at Target.

Comment

there is an interesting piece on takefive suggesting that the super chase cars may never make it beyond the US and at the moment it seems like that for anything new

am i right in thinking that the only new car that made it to a peg (albeit very briefly) over here was don crumlin?

my e-mail to mattel uk a few weeks ago got a reply that said new cars will start appearing here in october so i think i will give up on ebay and cases until then (apart from the super chase's) and see what happens

Comment

I concur yuffie. Mattel have been very quick to respond to my nicely worded query with "new characters will be available in the UK from October onwards" but wouldn't give me details as to which characters they would be.

Do I resort to eBay / trades now or wait to see what comes out and potentially have to pay higher prices??? Decisions, decisions...

Comment

Originally posted by yuffie View Post
                              am i right in thinking that the only new car that made it to a peg (albeit very briefly) over here was don crumlin?
                              Correct in Smyths Don was, but didn't I see somewhere on the forum say that they found a chase security guard in Sainsburys?

Comment

Originally posted by madbob View Post
                                Correct in Smyths Don was, but didn't I see somewhere on the forum say that they found a chase security guard in Sainsburys?
                                you are correct,jonj had reported he had found one at his place of work.

i can see a repeat of last year with an influx of all releases within the 2 months leading up to xmas.i was able to find every released car in this period on the pegs.

Comment

Working...
                                X