No announcement yet.

Recent Finds: November 2012 Store Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice finds, pirelliboy... and I'm glad to see you found the book, DeceptiCog... it's one of my favorite Cars books... but then they all are.

I made a trip to the Dayton (Ohio) area... a Kmart store had told me yesterday they'd put new Cars out on the pegs for this morning... they didn't... I stopped at 3 Target, 3 Kmart, 2 Walmart, 1 Kohl's, 1 Meijer, 1 Toys R US, 1 Toys R US Express, and 2 Kroger.

I found and bought 2 Burnt Autonaut Lightning McQueen, 1 Mater Hawk, and... Kabuto! I'd never seen the Kabuto case at a store... Here is a photo:

And I'll head back to our Meijer later today after we have our Thanksgiving dinner which we didn't get to do yesterday... they have the Cars Storybook Collection on sale - I thought I had it - but it's not with my other Cars books.

And in sad news... 1 of the 3 Kmart stores is closing... That's been my second stop during Kmart events 2 through 9... Bummer.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

that is alot of store Chris!

Went to Walmart last night and they had nothing new for singles or 2 packs.

(in store)New to me Take Flight items Falcon Hawk an Rescue Chopper. I was only at walmart to refill a water jug so I didn't bring any extra $$$ with me so I couldn't buy anything. Which is probably a good thing...my wife would have been very angry lol

Transformers for Trade
      Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

I hit five Targets today. The first two had remnants of A/B. Just Mater/LMQ/Francesco (the new pegwarmers). The third one had Holley Shiftwell with screen and Cactus LMQ and the repeats. Fourth store had remnants of Case A.
        The last store I almost hit the jackpot. Found two full cases of B, minus Rip and Kabuto Dangit! But I did get these bad boys:

Why did Mattel only put one Rip per case, in the next five cases? Do you know how many kids want the last racer for Xmas? Grrr.

I'll keep hunting!

"Play is often talked about as if it were a relief from serious learning. But for children play is serious learning. Play is really the work of childhood."
        Fred Rogers

Comment

I agree . They should just have a full case of rip lol

Good score. Want the three on the right hand side of your pic

Transformers for Trade

Comment

Nice finds, toffman... Thank you for posting the photo... keep looking for the B case - I think you'll find it.

It would have been nice for Mattel to include 2 or 3 Rip in that case.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Theres always a chance he might show up in other cases

Transformers for Trade

Comment

Found by my friend Chad in northern Indiana this afternoon... TRU Radiator Springs Classic N2O Cola:

Can't wait for this one to arrive.

Comment

Went to my Kmart today and got some more Geargrinders.. (I also got Security Guard Finn McMissile & Acer pack)

Comment

Stopped by 2 targets today and my first one had ALL of Case B except for Erik Laneley. These are the ones I got!

Long awaited..Rip Clutchgoneski !

Petey Pacer

Grem with weapon

Miguel Camino

Lightning Ramone

Sarge

Rusty Rust-Eze

Victor H.

Race Team Luigi & Guido

Cactus Lightning Mcqueen

Holly Shiftwell with screen

Kabuto

The King

Comment

• Awesome snags everyone!

Transformers for Trade

Comment

• Case W1938-996T back in Disney Store (Oxford Street, London)

I went to Disney Store, Oxford Street, London today.

They had just put out five case 996T. This case was first released in June. Most of the cases went to mainland Europe, but a handful, possibly as few as ten made it to some Disney Stores in the UK.

I don't know the exact case contents, but it contained ...

28 - Vladimir Trunkov (3)
                        30 - Victor H. (3)
                        33 - Becky Wheelin' (Chase) (1)

That's the first time I've seen those three in stores, so suffice to say I was well pleased to pick one of each up! There were two Becky's when I got there, another person buying one at the same time along with Vladimir and Victor!

There were 12 Vladimir/Victors and the staff confirmed they had five cases!

Other cars in that case (I don't know how many as there was just the remnants left on the pegs).

1 - Mater (Cut card)
                        2 - Finn McMissile (Cut card)
                        3 - Lightning McQueen
                        4 - Francesco Bernoulli (White bottom, straight card)
                        5 - Holley Shiftwell?
                        6 - Professor Z
                        7 - Jeff Gorvette
                        12 - Acer?
                        17 - Miles Axelrod
                        18 - Petrov Trunkov
                        19 - Hydraulic Ramone
                        26 - Lightning McQueen HHC

I'm going back in a couple of days when I have more time. I see what they have left and try and work it out.

Note: The staff were quite surprised that they had the delivery! They thought that Disney Stores had dropped the range!

Comment

• there were 3 more don crumlin in bath ds today

Comment

• We're back on the Officer Murakarmi case at my Disney Store...

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBrownstone View Post
                              We're back on the Officer Murakarmi case at my Disney Store...
                              That was the case they had at all the Disney Stores at Disney World when I was there a few weeks ago. Seems that Disney bought a bunch of them from Mattel because I didn't see it very much at regular retail.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                              http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

• Officer Murakarmi and Becky Wheelin were Chase Cars in case E and case G (which added Flash) in the US... I never saw them in stores - glad to get them from JMDL Toys.

Comment

Working...
                                X