Recent Finds: December 2012 Store Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Finds: December 2012 Store Purchases

Please post your December 2012 store purchases in this thread... November was a great month... hopefully December brings more of the same.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Disney Stores (UK) and maybe the rest of Europe, have released their five silver racers today.

They are the five that were part of the Kmart #8 Day, back in June. The missing one is Lightning McQueen!

The other five, from Kmart #9, will see general release, maybe out now, please report if you see them.

The five racers are very similar to the Kmart ones, except rear of the card is standard international style!

Photos to follow.

They are priced at 7GBP/12EURO, but they charged me 30GBP for the set!

Comment

great news niftynigel and an excellent start to the beginning of the festive season.
      looking forward to seeing your pics.

Comment

I just came across Carla Veloso in a debenhams in Ayr, It was Ł5 with 20% off so only Ł4. First time iv seen one up here.

Comment

More clearance priced 3 packs in Meijer this morning... While I didn't really need them, I bought them...

Great information niftynigel... I wasn't sure I would like the silver series racers before I bought them... but I did.

Nice find on Carla, Junior...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

that is very nice Chris...what 3 packs are they? (2 singles and 1 deluxe?). Did any of those packs come with an exclusive vehicle?

I really enjoy the silver racers as well. I do hope to eventually snag a set of them from someone somwhere in the coming months or so.

Transformers for Trade
            Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Sorry for not providing the details on the 3 packs... they are from the first 2 cases (A and B) from May 2011... 18 months ago... the contain 1 Deluxe vehicle and 2 single vehicles... no exclusives...

Double Decker Bus/Race Team Mater/Lightning McQueen with racing wheels.
              Holley Shiftwell with wings/Trunkov (may be called different things)/Acer
              Submarine Finn McMissile/Grem/Professor Z

Not sure if any of them are variants.

Comment

Were the silver racers Mattel or Disney Nigel?

Comment

Found this at my Toysrus today..

Comment

They are the Kmart Mattel ones from Kmart #8 Day. Adapted slightly for the international market. The names are on the front in the silver panel. The rear of the cards are standard international fayre, with only the single name on each of the five so far.

What about Lightning (Flash) McQueen)!?

Comment

Picked up MaterHawk & Hawk McQueen from Big W today. Looks like they might be making way for some new stock - they have reduced all their diecasts to $4.92 (which is pretty much half the price we generally pay!). Also picked up a couple of Officer Murakarmi on special for $7.00 at my local Woolworths Supermarket too. Good day for bargains! Shame I didnt need any of the $4.92 Cars...

Comment

I actually found something today at a Walmart. The cars 2 version of Mack Hauler (they also had Wally, but he looked exactly like the other releases)

mack.jpg
                        I am jbail10... I am also a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Went to Walmart today and finally found Mack Hauler!

Comment

Here's the Finn/Leland Turbo 2 pack that I found at Hastings the other night:

Here's part of a Cars2 Mack Hauler that I bought Saturday night - the trailer is going to a friend to be customized...

Comment

a few spots on my travels this afternoon, didnt bring my wallet so wasnt tempted
                              1 home bargains, action agents 7.99, mack, crabby, etc, these are displayed near the door and not in toy dept, also the wrestling ring at 12.99
                              2 tk maxx, art of cars 2 book at 7.99
                              3 matalan, pitrow launcher 12.99, also had single finns and mater half price at 3.99!!
                              4 tru, action agents , twin pack, now at 4.99
                              5 tescos, cars elastoplast plasters!

Comment

Working...
                              X