Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think clip strips came about as we seem to have a Tesco metro on every street corner these days. I have seen loads of Disney Cars Clip Strips in the smaller stores (maybe this is where the 2013 cars are! anyone checked?) Thanks for the info on the cases...

Those were the days NiftyNigel, in Tescos the UK (ONLY) had midnight blue 2011 series with sally w/cone and the kmart day 1 cars with plastic tires all with fixed eyes and WOC packaging plus the lightyear blimp.

I started the previous year with look packaging so the following year was Cars best year for me. As it started with Story Tellers & Red, then Toons and Final Laps at the Disney Store all with the above 'Happening at the same time' now we are lucky to get 1 new line.

The bit in cars keeps on playing back in my head when the 'old road' traffic left for the faster interstate. Well it feels like Radiator Springs is right here, right now in the UK.

Guido staring at tires and everyone waiting around for something interesting to happen.

Comment

• I remember those clip strip days, madbob... I received several Kmart 1 Cars and a Sally with Cone from Tesco clip strips... still have them somewhere.

Here's hoping more of you find the 2013 singles soon.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Originally posted by madbob View Post
        I think clip strips came about as we seem to have a Tesco metro on every street corner these days. I have seen loads of Disney Cars Clip Strips in the smaller stores (maybe this is where the 2013 cars are! anyone checked?) Thanks for the info on the cases...

Those were the days NiftyNigel, in Tescos the UK (ONLY) had midnight blue 2011 series with sally w/cone and the kmart day 1 cars with plastic tires all with fixed eyes and WOC packaging plus the lightyear blimp.

I started the previous year with look packaging so the following year was Cars best year for me. As it started with Story Tellers & Red, then Toons and Final Laps at the Disney Store all with the above 'Happening at the same time' now we are lucky to get 1 new line.

The bit in cars keeps on playing back in my head when the 'old road' traffic left for the faster interstate. Well it feels like Radiator Springs is right here, right now in the UK.

Guido staring at tires and everyone waiting around for something interesting to happen.
        There were lots more cars sold then. People *supposedly* had more money in the early Cars years before the banking crisis. I'm not sure people did, they were just fooled into thinking they did, amassing huge personal debts at the same time. Now reality is kicking in (paying back those personal debts), we are realising (as a country and as individuals) we aren't as well off as we think we are and the UK isn't the world power it used to be. We have few friends in the modern world, but the US is one of them! Thanks!

In terms of Cars, as production levels are reduced, todays rare cars will be rarer in the future compared to say the World of Cars series five years after it's production run! There are plenty of Desert and Supercharged out there. Race O Rama onwards have proven a big challenge for us to collect, so I guess that production numbers (in the UK/Europe) must have been cut by then?

Less produced means higher initial prices, so the rise to £5.49 for singles comes as no surprise.

Comment

• 1 found case d in smyths, bought paint gun and krate, couldnt justify 5.49 on a flag or exhaust fumes (didnt spot airport finn, mind)
          2 the second smyths didnt have any but had hrh, hot rod and the sumo ref, changers at 3.99 and a lone mcmissle at 25p
          3 big tescos , nought,
          4 nn, the clip strip I found the other day is on official tesco clip strip , but the contents were case b minus rip and victor, weird one that
          5 was in town this morning, 100m from ds and didnt go in, now that took some will power (not the race driver), spent too much recently, dont like sneaking them past er indoors, ru5ty!

Comment

• checked in sainsburys on the way home and whilst there were no 2013 cars there were just six left in the display which hopefully suggests the next refill will be new cars

strangely the six were one nigel gearsley and five lewis hamilton's!

Comment

• I originally posted this in the wrong place! Excitement got the better of me and the need to 'get back to work'!

Case W1938-997Q (3402EAA) has arrived at Toymaster in the UK.

It has the same contents as the US case 999B, 11 different cars. So that's 28 cars in the UK now!

Case 997P has also reportedly arrived too! There's nine cars not in case 997Q or 997R, so that's 37 cars in the UK (TBC).

If case 997P has also landed, that's 37 of the 79 touted singles released so far in the UK. What an amazing turnaround in a few days!

Without wishing to sound greedy, it would be nice to see the new Deluxe and Movie Moments too. The singles cases are going to around for a few weeks, maybe a couple of months, so we'll need something to spend our hard-earned on!

IMG_5756.jpgIMG_5755.jpgIMG_5754.jpgIMG_5753.jpg
              Last edited by niftynigel; 03-05-2013, 10:59 PM.

Comment

• I was in TK Maxx today and they had the same thing - but wait for this - It was a Ka Ciao Mcqueen and francesco pack - and someone had opened it and just taken the francesco - Clearly one of the UKs worst shoplifters there, maybe hes trying to get on UKs dumbest criminals?

Originally posted by yuffie View Post
                i did almost find something interesting in tk maxx in cardiff today but seems like i was beaten to it by someone who objected to paying £5.99 for one rare car

Comment

• that's just crazy to take the francesco

Comment

• another check in sainsburys this morning and bingo!

FRANCESCO BERNOULLI (World Grand Prix)
                    MAX SCHNELL (World Grand Prix)
                    TUBBS PACER (Lemons)
                    MATER (with Bomb) (Palace Chaos)
                    NITROADE (Piston Cup)
                    MARLON 'CLUTCHES' McKAY (Piston Cup)
                    CHARLIE CHECKER (Piston Cup)
                    LIGHTNING McQUEEN (with Cone) (Lightning McQueens)
                    BRAND NEW MATER (Retro Radiator Springs)
                    LIGHTNING RAMONE (Retro Radiator Springs)
                    SALLY (Retro Radiator Springs)

grabbed one of each

pictures to follow

Comment

• found sarge on a clearance area in a tesco metro priced 2.53, unfortunately he was on his lonesome

Comment

• quick changers are in b and m, I assume at 1.99, had, mcq, nigel, mater, francesco

Comment

• Popped into Sainsbury's tonight to pick up an apple pie and ended up leaving with Nitroade, LMQ with cone plus two Hot Wheels Flintstones cars. There wasn't much else left but I've left the best bit till last.....The Cars stuff were still on half price offer so £2.50 each. Just a shame someone had beat me to all the other goodies in this case!!!

PS. Happy to trade one of the Flintstones cars if anyone is in need.

Comment

• Had some luck in Tesco today

Last edited by pirelliboy; 03-12-2013, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• Awesome find, pirelliboy!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• cool, congratulation!

Comment

Working...
                                X