Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• couple of price reductions in tescos
    sal, mack and andre down to 4.88
    and the 2 stunt playsets are now half price

Comment

• went to the seaside today, water was surprisingly warm, also got burnt, anyway on our way passed a different tescos, spotted prof z, hh mcq and of course ggg, on way back checked smyths, home bargains and sainsburys, not a lot there but a load of leland twin packs in home bargains which is always nice to see

also planes have landed in asda and smyths both 6.99 a go

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
        what else did you do in cork then?
        did you kiss the blarney stone?
        I didn't go to Blarney Castle. I hope to go sometime in the future as castles, historic houses etc, interest me.

I did manage to visit St. Annes Church (Shandon), Cathedral of St. Mary and St. Anne and Cork City Gaol.

The main reason for the short trip (out early Sunday morning, back Monday afternoon) was to see Cork City 2-6 West Ham United in a (Pre-season) Friendly match at Turner's Cross. I have been to Cork before, back in 2004, when I saw matches at both Cobh Ramblers and Cork City.

It was really nice to go back. The ground has been fully redeveloped since I last went there. Like much of Ireland, there have been many developments carried out as part of the National Development Plan 2000-2006 and it's successor. I first went to Ireland in 2003 and it's been transformed in many respects.

I've been to the North a couple of times too, also for football (Lisburn Distillery and Coleraine). I have also been to Derry City too. That wasn't planned. I'd like to go back some day. Sadly, there isn't a Londonderry/Derry-based team in the Northern Irish Premiership at the moment, but I'd still like to come back some day!

I also love trains. I haven't ridden any of the line north of Sydenham!

One day ...

Comment

• After months and months of trips to the Disney Store I've finally scored!!!

Their first delivery of the 2013 card back has arrived!!!

I managed to pick up the following cars:
          -Hank "Halloween" Murphy
          -Greta
          -Mama Topolino
          -Franca
          -Maurice Wheelks

First score in months anywhere...!!!

I'm now Ł25 lighter, but I've not spent any money on cars in ages...

Comment

• Hey, you of all people know the rules!

Which DS???

(Edit - crap, obviously York/Leeds? duuuh, sorry)

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzo View Post
              Hey, you of all people know the rules!

Which DS???

(Edit - crap, obviously York/Leeds? duuuh, sorry)
              Yes, it was the York one

Comment

• So Maurice Wheelks has made it to a store 'at last'... great scores

Comment

• Great score MrBrownstone!!

Comment

• Disney Store Oxford Street have both 997W and 997Y cases. I managed to get all the new cars and reissues except J. Curby Gremlin and Victor Paveone.

They only had a few out, but the helpful staff said they had more out the back. I also got another Rip, so I can confirm he IS in case 997W!

Photos tomorrow!

Comment

• Did you get Snotters, Nigel? Very jealous if so. Flames opaque or translucent?

Thanks to MrB's info, I nabbed Brent and Maurice. But JCG was also missing, hmmm.

The "possible divert to DS" theory turned up trumps!
                      Last edited by Enzo; 07-10-2013, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Did you get Snotters, Nigel? Very jealous if so. Flames opaque or translucent]
                        Thanks to MrB's info, I nabbed Brent and Maurice. But JCG was also missing, hmmm.

Oh... There was Wingo there, but I forgot to check for flames...

Comment

• excellent finds

hopefully, though, that doesn't mean these cases are exclusive to disney store as with the nearest one to me in cribbs causeway the chances of catching any decent stock is pretty slim

and not up in london again until the end of august so unlikely anything left by then

am off to edinburgh next week but not sure if there is one up there

Comment

• Originally posted by yuffie View Post
                            excellent finds

hopefully, though, that doesn't mean these cases are exclusive to disney store as with the nearest one to me in cribbs causeway the chances of catching any decent stock is pretty slim

and not up in london again until the end of august so unlikely anything left by then

am off to edinburgh next week but not sure if there is one up there
                            I don't think they're exclusive, more likely they've been diverted there as the usual supermarket suspects have choked on a huge pile of old overstock.

As for DS, there is one in Edinburgh. Or should be at least there was when I was there last year. But as you know mate, 2 or 3 DS's in our area closed earlier this year, so not sure if Edinburgh survived the cull.

Comment

• Cant speak for Edinburgh but the one in Glasgows St Enoch centre is still there - the one in the Buchanan galleries has gone though.

Comment

Did you get Snotters, Nigel? Very jealous if so. Flames opaque or translucent?

Yes, I did get a Snot Rod. I'm still on the train home from football (Boreham Wood v. WHU), so I haven't looked at the cars outside the shop yet!

Snot Rod wasn't a perfect card, but as they said that was the only one they had and I don't know when I can get to a DS again, I had to buy it!

They said these cases would be exclusive to DS for a few weeks. Mattel may have told them that?

My bet is that Toymaster will get them next!?

Comment

Working...
                                X