Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great finds, MrBrownstone, niftynigel, and Enzo... there are several Cars that I am looking forward to that you found.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• [/QUOTE]

Hey Yuffle,

Just got back from the Disney Store @ C.C and there is no need to panic! They received older cases so no Snotty or Maurice but I did get Vern the Taxi (hadn't previously seen him before) and I also bagged a Victor H and Sheriff. I left Mama, Greta x2, Dusty, Cactus LMQ, Victor H and the usual Maters / Francesco. I asked the lady if there was a partial box left in the stock room and she was happy enough to check but she came back reporting nothing but Finn's & Maters gathering dust! Give thanks once again to Nigel for the heads up on these making an appearance in the D.S shops!

Disneystore_002.jpgDisneystore_001.jpg

Also as I was passing by, stopped at Morrison's and they had put out some fresh stock as well! I asked the guy working the toys but no more in stock, this is all that was left, I took a Petey Pacer for my troubles! Again I left a few nice Cars behind!

Morrisons_006.jpgMorrisons_005.jpg
      Great finds everyone and lets hope we get more cases turn up soon! I'm out!
      Last edited by VANDANCE; 07-11-2013, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• Vandance - Sorry I nabbed Brent and Maurice ahead of you last night.

Car-Ma strikes though as I couldn't be bothered checking that Morrisons again and I needed a Petey. Ha ha typical! Did you get the last or was the other one still there?

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzo View Post
          Vandance - Sorry I nabbed Brent and Maurice ahead of you last night.

Car-Ma strikes though as I couldn't be bothered checking that Morrisons again and I needed a Petey. Ha ha typical! Did you get the last or was the other one still there?
          Fairplay Enzo! I thought i'd be lucky to get new cars at this time of the day! I was going to go up after work but it was my turn to cook last night so I decided to play it safe and go straight home, not worth risking the wife starving to death! LOL!

Comment

• Wow thanks for the heads up everyone - I called my local disney store at 9am and they told me they put a fresh case out this morning. Off I run and picked up Maurice, Vern, hank Halloween murphy and victor H! Left Brett with headset as I didn't think my daughter would care and already have two Brett's. someone else can nab him! Just really nice to see some new cars out there! Would have said I had the pick of the new case and everything appeared to be there! Definitely a wingo with flames there.

image.jpg

Also found today in Smyths but left because of the price:

image.jpg
            Last edited by Lozzi31; 07-11-2013, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lozzi31 View Post
              Wow thanks for the heads up everyone - I called my local disney store at 9am and they told me they put a fresh case out this morning. Off I run and picked up Maurice, Vern, hank Halloween murphy and victor H! Left Brett with headset as I didn't think my daughter would care and already have two Brett's. someone else can nab him! Just really nice to see some new cars out there! Would have said I had the pick of the new case and everything appeared to be there! Definitely a wingo with flames there.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2615[/ATTACH]

Also found today in Smyths but left because of the price:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2614[/ATTACH]
              Great finds, awesome! A very nice box set in Smyths too, I didn't think we would get those here in the U.K! £29.99 is quite expensive- if you only need the one car from the set that is, but I really want Chauncy Fayres so I will just have to invest in a set come pay day! Ker chow!

Comment

• definitely interesting to see the first sighting of a 2013 box set in the UK - even though i am only collecting carded 2013 cars i think i'd grab one as really like union jack ramone and chauncy fayres

Comment

• Oooh first sight! Well that's a first for me! fabulous! Have requested it from a family member for our little ones birthday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lozzi31 View Post
                    Oooh first sight! Well that's a first for me! fabulous! Have requested it from a family member for our little ones birthday.
                    Are you sure it's for the little one? Honestly?! LOL!!

Comment

• Honestly i think i love them more than her! But can persuade others to buy it then all the better! Lol!

I've got her mater private eye box set and materdor box set instead! Can't wait to open them! Lol!

Comment

• Also today saw my first movie moments still sold in a shop - was francesco/lightning with ciao bumper sticker but didnt grab it as I'm an opener and have Francesco/Lightning already. £9.99 in a good quality box.

Think I had a good day car searching today!

Comment

• Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
                          Are you sure it's for the little one? Honestly?! LOL!!
                          Those were my very thoughts when reading Lozzi's post, bit too obvious ha ha

Great to see the infamous Chauncy 7-pack here even at that price (that's equivalent of $45 to our lurking US readers). We already have a Monster-sized Chauncy here so an easy pass but happy and sympathetic for those who'll be explaining away that mystery £30 cash withdrawal on the joint bank statement at the end of the month. Advice? Just say "petrol". It's only half a lie

Comment

• Wow! That box set looks really smart. We don't get too many box sets in the UK, so that's a definite purchase for us!

Comment

• 30 quid , a lot of dosh, think I could use 30 notes more wisely!
                              someone should go in and ask for staff discount!

Comment

• Nice finds! Hope we see Maurice and Brent with Headset in the U.S. soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X