Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yuffie View Post
    unfortunately it doesn't work like that with mattel uk
    Ichigo was supposed to be in the European/UK case 994B back in July, but quite clearly not enough of her were produced, so an extra Shuey was put into her place in the 2,000 UK cases. The few Ichigo's there were left over were supposedly sold through Disney Stores in the UK. Of the three Chase cars in 2013 so far, only Miles Axlerod has had general release! I had been told by two DS staff that a few Ichigo's did appear in late July. Mattel can at least tick that box! I don't recall seeing any on eBay UK, so quite how many there were is anyone's guess. That said, some could easily make their way into Tesco clipstrip assortments! We got our Francesca via that route! Another box ticked, Mattel UK! Whilst many collectors miss out (again)! Hmmm!

The last case 998E effectively took the place of the cancelled 998D case, so Mattel could easily have made some amends and *treated* us to 2,000 Ruka's and 4,000 Mildred's. OK, they have got nearly all the standard singles out, but no Deluxe, no Doubles and far too few Chase cars (except Miles).

End of year (school) report ...

Mattel, UK - Can do better, must do better!

Comment

Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
      but no Deluxe, no Doubles
      that is the real frustration - it is clear that any store that wanted deluxes - smyths, toys r us, etc - got an endless supply of 2012 cars, that ironically at the time where almost impossible to get hold of, in the shape of the queen, funny car mater - rather than 2013 stock

similar case with doubles as a few like leland turbo and mama/papa topolino appeared that were hard to find in 2012

i have managed to get all the doubles via cases from ebay and am currently waiting on a number of deluxes but guess these may appear next year whilst we get nothing in the way of 2014 stock

Comment

For all those "Rip" collectors, seen in Rev-Up form...

Comment

image.jpg Cars in Spainimage.jpg No photo here, but I found a 5 Mildred Bylane on different stores :-D

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
            For all those "Rip" collectors...

Left it at Ł15.
            Oh, really? Cute! Are this coming to Spain??

Comment

Originally posted by yuffie View Post
              that is the real frustration - it is clear that any store that wanted deluxes - smyths, toys r us, etc - got an endless supply of 2012 cars, that ironically at the time where almost impossible to get hold of, in the shape of the queen, funny car mater - rather than 2013 stock

similar case with doubles as a few like leland turbo and mama/papa topolino appeared that were hard to find in 2012

i have managed to get all the doubles via cases from ebay and am currently waiting on a number of deluxes but guess these may appear next year whilst we get nothing in the way of 2014 stock

By any measure 2012 was a disaster. This year was much better, but could've been a vintage year had it not been for Mattel UK dumping loads of the rest of the worlds rejects and overstocks upon us! Even without the 996Y case, they could've given us a full compliment of 2013 singles cases on general circulation. They could easily have let DS have all four Chase car cases on a first-to-market basis; everyone's a winner and happy!

When you consider the much smaller markets across Europe, they had all the Deluxe and Doubles, nearly all TRU RS Classics and Cars Take Flight! Not releasing any of those individually is unforgiveable, but collectively that's an awful lot of mistakes!

Comment

Nice!

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                For all those "Rip" collectors, seen in Rev-Up form...

Ka-Chigga, Ka-Chow, and Ka-Ciao! - DjB

Comment

I like that Rip Rev-up, but I'm not collecting Rev-ups, even if it is Rip... thanks for sharing the photo, Enzo.

Nice to see that you found Ichigo on the shelves, CarsSpain... many of us still haven't... Thanks for sharing your photos.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                    I like that Rip Rev-up, but I'm not collecting Rev-ups, even if it is Rip... thanks for sharing the photo, Enzo.
                    No worries Chris, only posted it in case any of the "gotta catch every single Rip whatever" members desperately needed it for their shrine to New Rearendia, even at about $25 plus shipping!

Comment

Originally posted by CarsSpain View Post
                      Oh, really? Cute! Are this coming to Spain??
                      This line has been out in the UK and US a long time, over a year I think. So I'd guess if they've not been seen in El Corté Ingles by now, they probably won't.

Comment

Picked these up last night at Walmart!

Comment

Not purchases per se, but I've found 4 freshly pegged or nearly freshly pegged case Ms at K-mart. Was hoping for N, oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Raginpage View Post
                            Not purchases per se, but I've found 4 freshly pegged or nearly freshly pegged case Ms at K-mart. Was hoping for N, oh well.
                            Good to know that case M is still out there - I've never seen Maurice Wheelks in a store... thanks to friends I have it... but it would still be nice to see it in a store.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                              Good to know that case M is still out there - I've never seen Maurice Wheelks in a store... thanks to friends I have it... but it would still be nice to see it in a store.
                              Never? There are plenty around here...

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter View Post
                                Picked these up last night at Walmart!
                                Great Finds. I have not found Rip Clutchgoneski at a Wal-Mart. Bought all the Ichigo's I saw (5) at Target. The same with Ruka.
                                Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Working...
                                X