Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (2014)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nice one

Comment

• Awesome find, MarknotaMack! I just wish Mattel were including more than 1 of each new Car in the case.

Great find as well, Drtbrfc!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
        Awesome find, MarknotaMack! I just wish Mattel were including more than 1 of each new Car in the case.

Great find as well, Drtbrfc!
        I'm sure we'd all agree that Mattel should put more than one new car, especially a new mould into it's first-to-market case, but I suppose the counter argument is that we have been critical of too few cars in a case (average 12-13) and how that Mattel are putting in average 18-20 it maybe considered a more healthy mix?

When Alex Carville was released, there were two or three to a case and that would certainly have met with our approval, but in the UK, he's as common as muck, so there has to be a balance.

If there is a new car (e.g. Rip Clutchgoneski) released early on and put into about three or four more cases, that meets the initial demand and subsequent demand throughout the year, that appears to work well, I think.

Having said that, a new car released late in the year, like Alex Carville, you expect more per case, but he's now too common and like one or two other late issues he's a peg or shelf warmer!

Damned if you do, damned if you don't!

Given their track record, I'd settle for 18-20 different cars per case and regular reissues to keep the line fresh otherwise put two or three new cars in an early case and many will just gobble them up and we all know where that leads!

Comment

• I'm going car hunting this weekend

Comment

• came across a refilled bin in sainsbury's this morning

it included rip, n20 cola, matthew 'true blue' mcrew and wheel well guido which i think makes it case Y - if so lizzie and the chemist had already gone

no sign of any neon or deluxes cars there
            Last edited by yuffie; 02-06-2014, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
              Thanks once again to MarkNotAMack, we can confirm the contents of the latest case appearing at some Sainsburys and now Morrisons!!!

We believe the case number is 998N. Until someone see's one, it's just a guess!

In addition to the 21 (not 22) cars I listed above, there is an additional Cruising Lightning McQueen plus No Stall and Max Schnell.
              I can confirm that the case that was found was indeed case N, image.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by jonj View Post
                I can confirm that the case that was found was indeed case N, [ATTACH=CONFIG]3746[/ATTACH]
                Thanks Jon!

This must mean that case 998M (with Lizzie) has either been skipped or is going elsewhere?

Calling ...

Argos, ASDA, Disney Stores, Tesco, Toymaster ...

Comment

• i think the lizzie case was the one i found in sainsbury's this morning

Comment

• So there's currently 3 cases doing the rounds at Sainsburys ??

one with Lizzie, one with Carla flames and another with Cartney Carsper

Comment

• Originally posted by carscrazy View Post
                      So there's currently 3 cases doing the rounds at Sainsburys ??

one with Lizzie, one with Carla flames and another with Cartney Carsper
                      It would appear that there are three 2014 cases, 998L (with Magen Carrar), 998M (Lizzie/Lee Race) and 998N (Cartney Carsper/Cora Copper).

All three have been seen at Sainsburys, but 998N has also appeared at Morrisons too. It's difficult to predict. The three cases could be rotated around, hopefully, so everyone gets a fair chance of seeing them in store or the same stores just get the same cases over and again!?

That's about 45 cars! Don't tell 'er indoors!

My local Sainsburys have all had fresh 2013 (Ruka) cases in. There's a healthy mix of stuff out there.

Comment

• Nothing new at my local Morrisons, Asda, Tesco or Sainsbury - Not happy

Comment

• Deluxes at £12?!!! Errr, no thanks.

And a strange concentration of Uncle T's.

Comment

• Deluxe are £9.99 at Sainsburys and £8.98 at Asda

Comment

• Found these the other day, not sure I like them or not yet but I bought them anyhow

Neon Cars.jpg

Comment

• I know its already been mentioned, but 6 quid for cars in tescos is absolutely ridic, so for me with sd its 5.40, thats still a bit much
                                any stock i,ve ssen is all old stuff, mind you did spot a solitary rip in with about a dozen silver francsecos, they were 6 quid an all

this aint on

Comment

Working...
                                X