Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (2014)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mattel really seemed to have screwed up the cardbacks over here

Comment

• Originally posted by carscrazy View Post
      Great finds everyone

TRU are always a joke when we go there.. Only ever have really old stock (hundreds of McQueens/Francesco/Mater) The only double packs we ever see are Mater and zen pitty.
      They definitely will not clear the stock at those prices!
      I am still waiting for them to reduce the '3 way tie' set from £50 to something a little easier on the wallet lol

Edit:

What is going on with the McQueen in the boxed photo ....

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/T...FeXLtAodfAgAkg

That's a Cars 2 lighting McQueen ?
      Also in the same photo there is Axle Accelerator instead of Marlon McKay and Dexter Hoover instead of Race Tow Truck Tom.
      Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
        the power of pcd!
        called into our local asda this afternoon, normally wouldnt have bothered, was in my tesco gear so I had to run the gaunlet,
        got everthing I wanted, got lizzie, n20cola, luigi, lee and true blue, havnt told her indoors yet, on the downside now I,ve got em anyone else is going to have to wait or go chasing
        strange thing is that only n20cola is the only one on a world of cars cardback, the rest are disney pixar, these must all have been in the same box!

in our place the bus and the waiter have arrived...at 12 quid I may add

I did venture out to a few ASDA in my area this morning. All have had the new case, yesterday by all accounts. I did find Mater, WGP McQueen, Raoul and Wheel Well Guido.

On the issue over the error cardbacks, my initial thoughts on it were that they were the initial batches, but as at least Guido is 3543EAA that's much later than the ones found in mainland Europe.

As most of the error cards are not Chase cars, they should also get reissues later in the year. Hopefully, as they have been issued in the US on correct 2014 cardbacks, we will get corrected ones too? Lee Race?

Sure, the 2014 card design is similar to the 2013 design, but that's no excuse for this utter **** up by Mattel!

Has this type of thing happened before in such a widespread way? I know we had the Fiat/Honda fiasco with Erik Laneley, but that was confined to early examples and corrected quickly.

This error covers quite a few singles and deluxe!

Comment

• Originally posted by carscrazy View Post
          What is going on with the McQueen in the boxed photo ....

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/T...FeXLtAodfAgAkg

That's a Cars 2 lighting McQueen ?
          It's the Quick Changers Lightning McQueen with his tongue sticking out.

They even have the Lenticular version of Race Official Tom in there, so it's clear that they just slapped in Cars that looked similar without even noticing how wrong they all were.

Comment

• today's finds,enjoy

asda find

smyths toys find

and these were last week from Sainsbury's

smyths toys have a boat load of neons in stock,so not just exclusive to asda.
            still no deluxes in any of the stores around,£12 for Emmanuel...if I find him I'm buying him.
            Tesco's are just the worst place for cars at the moment here in south west wales with very little to none at all in most stores.

Comment

• TRU in Glasgow (west) had nothing new at all today - all francesco pretty much…and still loads of the £9 christmas cars you see in there.

The Asda next door had Mater the Waiter deluxe but nothing else of interest.
              Lizardmaster

Comment

• Out of interest how much are the Neon's in Smyths?

Comment

• Originally posted by foxrfc View Post
                  Out of interest how much are the Neon's in Smyths?
                  they were a penny more than asda @ £6.99 the good thing about smyths though is that they will discount them in one shape or form quite regularly which unlike the supermarkets will only discount to get rid of that final irritating card that won't sell in a million years or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by djjd21 View Post
                    today's finds,enjoy

asda find

smyths toys find

still no deluxes in any of the stores around,£12 for Emmanuel...if I find him I'm buying him.
                    Tesco's are just the worst place for cars at the moment here in south west wales with very little to none at all in most stores.

Those are great finds!!

Went to Asda today and nothing new However whilst rummaging through the Cars/Planes/Hotwheels baskets i noticed a loose Neon Max Schnell and then the plastic front (no insert to hold the car or backing card ) Took it to customer service to see if it will be discounted, they asked me to grab another off the shelf for them to scan (i just grabbed a regular McQueen as it was the closest to hand) Scanned at £5.00 so they took £1 off that for no packaging. Wasn't going to collect the Neons but for £4.00 figured why not get this one Very strange where the rest of the packaging was ??

Comment

• Originally posted by djjd21 View Post
                      today's finds,enjoy

asda find

smyths toys find

Great finds there, right place at the right time! I missed Lee Race, found WW guido but none of the others. Only 2 Deluxe left in Asda, both waiter maters. Chose the wrong weekend to have a break from hunting! Only found Cartney and Cora on Friday so guessed that would be it in terms of new cars for a few weeks -boy, was I wrong!!

Comment

• Ha - iv heard of shoplifters taking the cars out of the packages and leaving the packages behind but never leaving the cars and taking the card - still you found a good way to get a discount!

Comment

• Originally posted by Junior View Post
                          Ha - iv heard of shoplifters taking the cars out of the packages and leaving the packages behind but never leaving the cars and taking the card - still you found a good way to get a discount!
                          I was quite suprised not to find the rest of the packaging.. very strange why they wanted the card
                          Oh well atleast it saved us £2.97

Made me laugh that i was told they wouldn't of sold it to me if they took all the packaging, It would of ended up in the lost property box haha

Comment

• The missus found lee race & true blue in Asda today, missed out on lizzie and n2o though. The 2 Asdas I checked only had the fiber fuel cases. The pitty launchers don't appear to be being replenished anywhere that I've seen lately...

Comment

• Sainsburys near me have now had the the 998P case. Suffice to say I didn't get there in time to get the new cars.

The next case (998R? or 998M? or ????) has appeared in mainland Europe. A picture of Nigel Gearsley (with Flames) was posted on T5AD. It was noted that that he also had a Disney Pixar Cars cardback. Mattel, what is going on? I would guess that the next case may appear very soon in the UK. Tesco? Morrisons?

Comment

• Popped to a different Asda today and right at the front of the shelf was a Lee Race, Tucked behind him was little King fan.

They had a WW Guido but i left him as i don't think we really need him. There was also one cruising McQueen and two Ramones. No Lizzie or any sign of the other 2014 cars from the same case (just old Francescos)

Also found a random Ishani in Toymaster

Comment

Working...
                                X