Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (2014)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are getting Leakless there???

Comment

• Tesco pitstop. No idea who this is or what case? Too much effort to turn card over

Comment

• Not much of anything in the Tesco stores near me.

My local Disney store, now has Neon's priced at Ł7, and still a good stock of 2013 cars

Comment

• Hit Argos today and finally scored lizzie, n20, and another lee race. Checked the entertainer afterwards and scored Timothy two stroke, another n20 and the red hydraulic ramone - best part was the price, Ł3 each!

Comment

• This is big news. They are here. Found in Morrisons.
            Someone beat me to lubewig :-(

Comment

• Sidewall shine, as my 3yr old would say, "I need him I need him I need him!!!)

Comment

• Great finds all, definitely went to the wrong places today.

Comment

• Got Emanuel from Asda last night

Comment

• I had a drive around this morning. I got to one Morrisons at 1000, only to find they opened at 0930 and all the new ones had gone! I drove onto another store and found the remains of the new case.

I got Lubewig, Sarge/headset, Hydraulic, Doc Hudson, Mel Dorado, Sidewall Shine, Brand New Mater and Nigel Gearsley/flames. A young mother and her brat were looking on in horror as I was putting the new cars in the basket! I said I knew how she felt as I'd just seen someone do the same to me 30 minutes earlier at another store!!

Comment

• Found Lubewig today in Morrisons nigel with flames had already gone

Comment

• shame on you for taking them from the little sprog.......on second thoughts.... well done, youre not called nifty for nothing
                        Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                        I had a drive around this morning. I got to one Morrisons at 1000, only to find they opened at 0930 and all the new ones had gone! I drove onto another store and found the remains of the new case.

I got Lubewig, Sarge/headset, Hydraulic, Doc Hudson, Mel Dorado, Sidewall Shine, Brand New Mater and Nigel Gearsley/flames. A young mother and her brat were looking on in horror as I was putting the new cars in the basket! I said I knew how she felt as I'd just seen someone do the same to me 30 minutes earlier at another store!!

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
                          shame on you for taking them from the little sprog.......on second thoughts.... well done, youre not called nifty for nothing
                          Yeah, I couldn't have done that either. I'd have kept Lubewig and asked which of the others he wanted.

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
                            shame on you for taking them from the little sprog.......on second thoughts.... well done, youre not called nifty for nothing

There are five Morrisons (that I know of) within about 15 miles of me. Three of them (all superstores) don't sell Cars (or toys). I was gutted after having seen someone had plundered the booty at my nearest store. I was there bang on 1000 totally unaware they actually open at 0930 for viewing / shopping. At 1000, the queues for the checkouts were quite long!

I was going to go home, but luckily I thought better of it.

At the second store, the Cars tray was located on the bottom shelf alongside the the cases of Hotwheels, Matchbox etc. They've obviously had a new delivery overnight like the first store. The staff had piled all the new Cars in tray. It was overflowing, mixed in with the Hotwheels and Matchbox cars. I took the Cars tray out and the whole lot just collapsed and lots of the cars spewed out across the floor!

I found the seven of the Cars we wanted and put them in the basket. I actually got nine Cars, thanks to the brat! After putting the wanted Cars in the basket, I thought the most gentlemanly thing to do was tidy the section up and not leave it in a mess. I was being watched closely by the brat and it's mother. He was frustrated and impatient! Whilst I was tidying the lot up, he kept delving into my basket and his mother (by her silence and looks) was almost encouraging him to take them out of my basket. First come, first serve and all that! In the confusion he managed to put a Brand New Mater and a second Sarge/headset in the basket. I will be taking them back for swap/refund on my way to football on Tuesday.

I tidied the section as much as I could given what was going on around me, but gave up in the end. The brat would've had the whole lot out again, so why did I bother?

P.S. The nickname nifty originated from my teenage years. I had lots of girlfriends. I will leave it at that!

Comment

• heaven forbid a young child might get frustrated and impatient if he can't get to the toys he'd like to look at - i can speak from experience that does happen and it doesn't make them a brat

and i can also understand his/her (rather than than its) mother (who you would think is unaware of this whole world of adults collecting childrens toys) being unimpressed at what was going on

but i guess all it fair in love, war and cars collecting - my token finds today were a cora and waiter mater in tesco in shepton mallet - initially took the cora but halfway around the shop realised i didn't really want it so returned it to the shelf - having decided i didn't want to collect 2014 carded cars (which with the confusion over the 2013/2014 cards i am even more pleased about) i have bought one or two cars i didn't previously own to open but have now decided it's not worth it
                              Last edited by yuffie; 03-16-2014, 09:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by yuffie View Post
                                heaven forbid a young child might get frustrated and impatient if he can't get to the toys he'd like to look at - i can speak from experience that does happen and it doesn't make them a brat

and i can also understand his/her (rather than than its) mother (who you would think is unaware of this whole world of adults collecting childrens toys) being unimpressed at what was going on

but i guess all it fair in love, war and cars collecting - my token finds today were a cora and waiter mater in tesco in shepton mallet - initially took the cora but halfway around the shop realised i didn't really want it so returned it to the shelf - having decided i didn't want to collect 2014 carded cars (which with the confusion over the 2013/2014 cards i am even more pleased about) i have bought one or two cars i didn't previously own to open but have now decided it's not worth it
                                I can fully understand the frustration of the kid, but my parents tought me patience was a virtue. Quite clearly, most of the kids today don't understand the meaning of patience or waiting their turn, it's all me, me, me, now, now, now and then get bored all too quickly!

The second store I visited is one that suffers from a lot of shoplifting. There were a few empty blister packs, not Cars this time, but Hotwheels and Matchbox. I'm not saying that particular brat would've done that sort of thing, but it does make me wonder about the youth of today and even more so, their parents, who appear to have no control of their offspring.

My wife and I have never had kids. I never thought that I'd make a good parent, but given the pathetic job many parents manage, it does make me wonder if I was being overly self-critical.

I feel sorry for the decent parents out there, the ones who instill respect, courtesy, patience and many other things that my parents tought me were good things. The good kids see all the bad things going on, crime doesn't pay and all that, so the good parents don't stand a chance!

Comment

Working...
                                X