Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (2014)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My corporal josh coolant and sarge 2 pack came today on the back it said that there is also a ramone and Greta 2 pack!!!!!!!

Comment

• found a few lauchers in asda living, king, nifty nigel, francesco, vitolene and octain gain
      got octain as I hadnt got it,
      francescos pitty looked a cool little dude

checked out argos, the nice lady brought me down the selection, lizzy, n2cola, rip, etc...now if that had of been a year or so ago!!!!
      quick run into disney, only interesting thing was a megan, first time i,ve seen her since buying it a month or so ago

Comment

• Thanks for the update Nigel, a definite shame there is no plans to release the Mattel 2 packs in the UK. Hoped this would be the new line coming into Tesco that you mentioned

Comment

• Found the radiator springs playsets (plus the planes one) reduced even further in sainsburys to 7.49. I left them however as I still think that's too much for what they are.

Comment

• Thanks for the updated information, niftynigel.

It's a shame that the double packs (Movie Moments) are not slated for release in the UK as of this time... had it not been for Miguel/Petro and Miles/Cleaning Pittys being released in the UK, many collectors would not have them.

Hopefully there will be sufficient quantities of all releases for all.

Interesting about the Cars poster... given the fact that 2014 is 1/4 of the way over, and the Mattel year is just under 1/2 over, it's not surprising... and why they haven't updated their website in over a year doesn't make a lot of sense.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Mattel UK (and other territories too?) work in mysterious ways, so much of they do defies logic to us mere collectors!

Toymaster are the latest retailer to get the latest case 988Q.

I'm out on the road today, taking a quick regulation break! Two large Tesco, who told me they were expecting new Cars stuff haven't anything new for some time. They are now reporting that there is now no planned delivery for new cars stock. One of the stores has almost all their toy stock on sale! The four Emmanuel's they had were still Ł12 though!

Comment

• Sainsbury's had restocked again since our last visit, looked as tho it was the Megan case but again i was too late

Comment

• Always when you least expect it...

Comment

• Both of the entertainers I've been in have had the US carded box with Timothy two stroke in. All cars are still Ł3.

Comment

• had to go to tescos today with her indoors, on my day off too, now this particular one hasnt had a car for months, so had a look at autosport, cycling weekly as you do, then moved to the toy ailse, well to my utter surprise there were cars and tons of em, a new case was put out last night and no one had touched them, this was 11.00, second car in was Lubewig, but only one,well chuffed, dont know what case it was had side wall shine too, also the little jap car, as I dont collect that part of the range I dont know what its called
                      also found the neons at 7.00 quid and the 1.32 ish plastic pullbacks, they had the king and the little twerp which I hadnt seen before, very nice too , but at 11 quid a bit much
                      looks as if the rest of the stores should be getting these now

after all this, went and found her indoors and enjoyed the rest of the shopping trip!!!!

ps the little twerp is of course that little twerp, lewis

Comment

• just noticed that i,ve now over 1300 posts, some might say, Boogity you have lost the plot, I of course know otherwise

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                          Always when you least expect it...

Great finds Enzo, it's a great feeling finding new cars on the shelf - especially when you least expect it as you said! Awesome

Comment

• Originally posted by Rumblywooby View Post
                            My corporal josh coolant and sarge 2 pack came today on the back it said that there is also a ramone and Greta 2 pack!!!!!!!
                            My 2 pack arrived on Monday but only got around to opening the cars today. I don't think Josh is as nice compared to the Mattel Mike Lorengine but it's not far off. The details like rear number plate and camo paint job are not a feature on the Josh, which is a little disappointing but he is to scale with the Mattel version and fits nicely into the collection. Sarge looks cool, he has skinny wheels and sits quite high (but he is a 4x4 after all) seriously heavy cast and is all metal. Overall, good quality finish, pleased with my first 2 D.S cars.

Comment

• Saw case Q on top shelf in Asda tonight, so I reached up and had that off the shelf straight away. Saw the case had been opened and thought ah im too late, peered in and saw holes in the contents with Lubewig just sitting on the top of the cars in the box Happy to find him in the wild.

Comment

• Shelf label in Tesco. Empty shelf....curious?
                                Edit:
                                Found on website. Radio Controlled.
                                Last edited by pirelliboy; 03-27-2014, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X