Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (2014)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According to the TRU website singles there are now £5.99, and double packs at £10.99. Given the stock they have, perhaps they are trying to create a museum rather than sell them.

Comment

• Great finds everyone

TRU are always a joke when we go there.. Only ever have really old stock (hundreds of McQueens/Francesco/Mater) The only double packs we ever see are Mater and zen pitty.
      They definitely will not clear the stock at those prices!
      I am still waiting for them to reduce the '3 way tie' set from £50 to something a little easier on the wallet lol

Edit:

What is going on with the McQueen in the boxed photo ....

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/T...FeXLtAodfAgAkg

That's a Cars 2 lighting McQueen ?
      Last edited by carscrazy; 03-02-2014, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by foxrfc View Post
        A day of success, my local Sainsbury's yielded Cartney Carsper and Cora Copper. Same first case of Deluxe. Nothing in Tesco's just the first case of Deluxe at £12, singles at £5 but all 2013 carded stock

The local Asda a few Neon's which I avoided, hopefully get them in Sainsbury's at the cheaper price. No Deluxe at all

Another Asda and success, Lee Race, Wheel Well Guido, Matthew True Blue, N20 Cola and Fillmore with headset, all still £5. Left Lizzie, as already had her from previous. No Deluxe here either. Interestingly they had a box W1938-998P on the shelf, but had only a few peg warmers left in it. I thought the Lizzie case was 998M, but maybe I missed something.

So think just need to Fiber Fuel and No Stall now.

Great finds. Thanks for the news on the case number, as they are subject to change. It makes sense that this one is 998P as at least they are sort of coming out in order! Was Lizzie on the 'Disney Pixar Cars' error card?

Comment

• Found these in asda last night.
          Last edited by MarknotaMack; 03-02-2014, 10:41 AM.

Comment

According to the TRU website singles there are now £5.99, and double packs at £10.99. Given the stock they have, perhaps they are trying to create a museum rather than sell them.
            TRU have changed the SKN for Radiator Springs Classic singles from 153591 to 903000. They are still £5.49 but regular singles are £5.99. Hopefully the change is SKN means new ones are on the way along with the 3-Car Gift Packs?

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
              the way I see it , is that if you dont buy when you first see it, you sometimes dont get another chance, by the time you waste your time going round the different stores and flaff about on the lap top you might as well pay the extra first time around, although it does gall me to pay the extra.
              I see Tescos have brought down the price of singles to 5 from 6, I would like to think my e mail to them was the reason, but probably not......but then again!
              Tesco have just ordered 2,000 cases, so I guess that they managed to get a good deal? They confirmed their is another Cars product in the Spring relaunch of the toys section. It could be the long awaited first release of Double Packs?

Your e-mail may well have been influenced their action?

Comment

• And these were an easy miss. Anyone want ill see if they still have them if I pass tesco.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarknotaMack View Post
                  Found these in asda last night.
                  Great finds! For a long time ASDA was not good for cars; most of my local ones don't sell cars anymore. Now they are one of the main places to go! Now all we need is for Tesco to properly join the party! The order for 2,000 cases should help that!

Comment

• Originally posted by MarknotaMack View Post
                    And these were an easy miss. Anyone want ill see if they still have them if I pass tesco.
                    has anybody tried price matching these yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by carscrazy View Post
                      Great finds everyone

TRU are always a joke when we go there.. Only ever have really old stock (hundreds of McQueens/Francesco/Mater) The only double packs we ever see are Mater and zen pitty.
                      They definitely will not clear the stock at those prices!
                      I am still waiting for them to reduce the '3 way tie' set from £50 to something a little easier on the wallet lol

Edit:

What is going on with the McQueen in the boxed photo ....

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/T...FeXLtAodfAgAkg

That's a Cars 2 lighting McQueen ?
                      indeed it is and that is the first I've seen,could be a very rare error

Comment

• Any ideas what could be in the next case or cases?

Found a No Stall today in a different Asda, no sign of Emmanuel anywhere even at £12. Although not paying that for it.

The Lizzie if I recall correctly was in the incorrect style package
                        Last edited by foxrfc; 03-02-2014, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Managed to find Cartney Carsper, Cora Copper and Fiber Fuel at the local asda.

Comment

Any ideas what could be in the next case or cases?

Found a No Stall today in a different Asda, no sign of Emmanuel anywhere even at £12. Although not paying that for it.

The Lizzie if I recall correctly was in the incorrect style package

I have been tracking what has been in each case (and the missing cases too). Strange though it may appear, but there is some logic in Mattel's case assortments. Mattel usually import two cases together. The 998P case actually hit the shops about nine days earlier that I had been told.

Generally, Mattel work from lowest to highest in series (unless a case is cancelled).

Those likely to be in the next case or two are:

Repeats:

Marlon 'Clutches' McKay
                            Hydraulic Ramone
                            Luigi & Guido
                            Wingo (with Flames)
                            Timothy Twostroke

First on 2014 card:

David Hobbscap
                            Sidewall Shine
                            Spare O Mint
                            Boost (with Flames)
                            Nigel Gearsley (with Flames)
                            Doc Hudson
                            Sally

Usual suspects:

McQueen (of some sort or another)

NEW cars:

There should be a couple of new cars per case, categories Lemons, Race Fans, Allinol Blowout, 95 Pit Crew, Mel Dorado Show, Paris Tour and RSN. Plenty!!

Comment

• Thanks as always for sharing Nigel

Comment

• the power of pcd!
                                called into our local asda this afternoon, normally wouldnt have bothered, was in my tesco gear so I had to run the gaunlet,
                                got everthing I wanted, got lizzie, n20cola, luigi, lee and true blue, havnt told her indoors yet, on the downside now I,ve got em anyone else is going to have to wait or go chasing
                                strange thing is that only n20cola is the only one on a world of cars cardback, the rest are disney pixar, these must all have been in the same box!

in our place the bus and the waiter have arrived...at 12 quid I may add
                                Originally posted by MarknotaMack View Post
                                Found these in asda last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X