Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (2014)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not a cars find but, spotted an aston martin, cygnus? in holywood this morning, its a baby one , bit like a bigger version of a smart car, couldnt get a proper look as Iwas on doulbe yellows at the time, has any one seen this baby

a note to our american cousins, this is holywood, county down , home of rory mcilroy and not the one near la la land in cal e forn i eh

Comment

• Sainsburys also have the deluxes at 3 for 2, which makes them less than £7 each (the store I was in only had Emmanuel and waiter mater).

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
        not a cars find but, spotted an aston martin, cygnus? in holywood this morning, its a baby one , bit like a bigger version of a smart car, couldnt get a proper look as Iwas on doulbe yellows at the time, has any one seen this baby

a note to our american cousins, this is holywood, county down , home of rory mcilroy and not the one near la la land in cal e forn i eh
        Cygnet. As in baby swan. More like ugly duckling with delusions of grandeur. I saw one a couple of months back in Range Rover country. Saw it as he drove into a parking space next to me at about 20mph. Just as I was getting the little guy out the backseat. To be fair the inbred wanker behind the wheel did apologise albeit I bore a laser hole in his forehead as he got out. Looked inside it, all beige stitched leather and brushed alu. Purple paintjob. Eeew. 40 grand for a pimped up Smart Car. Ha ha. No wonder Aston canned it out of embarrassment. I think they sold less than 50 before pulling the plug, so a rare sight indeed. You sure it wasn't Wozniacki behind the wheel?
        Last edited by Enzo; 05-07-2014, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• Saw a variety on the shelf yesterday. All the current releases (even Lubewig) and more Emmanuels, Waiters and Reds than you can shake a stick at. No Ivan's though unfortunately, probably just as well as I'd baulk at Tesco's ripoff "deluxe" pricing.

Comment

• Found these at a car boot sale Sunday, the seller had 40+ loose cars in various condition. I was very excitied and it was very hard for me not to just buy the lot. But there were a number of doubles and cars I already have loose so I managed to limit my spend to £15. A good price for all of these guys!

Comment

• Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
              Found these at a car boot sale Sunday, the seller had 40+ loose cars in various condition. I was very excitied and it was very hard for me not to just buy the lot. But there were a number of doubles and cars I already have loose so I managed to limit my spend to £15. A good price for all of these guys!

Nice! And with a great price, too.
              Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

• Nice find Vandance, especially Yeti and Ferrari Guido.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                  Cygnet. As in baby swan. More like ugly duckling with delusions of grandeur. I saw one a couple of months back in Range Rover country. Saw it as he drove into a parking space next to me at about 20mph. Just as I was getting the little guy out the backseat. To be fair the inbred wanker behind the wheel did apologise albeit I bore a laser hole in his forehead as he got out. Looked inside it, all beige stitched leather and brushed alu. Purple paintjob. Eeew. 40 grand for a pimped up Smart Car. Ha ha. No wonder Aston canned it out of embarrassment. I think they sold less than 50 before pulling the plug, so a rare sight indeed. You sure it wasn't Wozniacki behind the wheel?
                  Wasn't it an economical green friendly car to offset the huge engine powerful cars they normally produce, something to keep the tree huggers happy?

My mate works at Aston Martin at Gaydon, we went for the open day/tour last year, they had 3 Cygnets outside in the corner of the car park not on display & definitely not floating on the lake where you go in, it was a re-badged Toyota IQ, would sooner have a Brabus Smart car.

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/aston-...d-permanently/

Comment

• Originally posted by millimoo View Post
                    it was a re-badged Toyota IQ
                    You know that was actually my first thought, that some chav had stuck a badge on it. I can't even begin to imagine what Aston thought what sort of buyers they would target. I seriously can't think of a more embarrassing car to drive.

Comment

• But wait....you obviously didn't know that included in the 40k price tag is the exclusive...wat for it... Aston Martin picnic basket! Believe it or not but the RRP for one of these is almost three grand!! As for the type of buyers Aston targeted, well it's those with more money than sense! The strategy was 'he' drives the DB9 to the tennis club and 'she' has the Cygnet to go shopping in town. At least it’s easy to park outside the coffee shops!

Comment

• ta for all that,
                        42 grand, plus there was a personalised plate on it, however it wasnt W1NKR

Comment

• Found these last night in Sainsbury's, another big smile off my lad

Comment

• Great finds and you can't say no when the 3 for 2 offer is on! My local Sainsbury's is full with LMQ and Francesco's - some are that old they look second hand on battered Porta card. I hope the offer cleans them out to make way for the newer stuff!

Comment

• Had a good few weeks found these at various places. Marilyn at Toys R Us after months and months of nothing than the usual peg warmers its worth checking if your one has some stuff they even had some three packs in my local. Ivan from Tesco £12 but never seen him anywhere since. The Sputter Stop Launcher from The Range for £4.99 the rest were from Wilko £5 each. Also got a Nigel Gearsley with Flames at Sainsburys. There 3 for 2 would be great if there was 3 to get so many waiter maters photo2.jpgphoto.jpg

Comment

• Toymaster is the latest store to get the 996K deluxe case. It's great to finally get Ivan, but it took looking through a few of them to get one on mint card and blister pack. Mattel's lack of packing quality control continues!

On my travels I have seen restocks of 998N, 998P and 988Q cases in various supermarkets. Nothing any more exciting than that to report!

Comment

Working...
                                X