Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (2014)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No new 2014 cars at sainsburys filton. They did have the same clip strips as they had last week which includes 2 rips and dj with flames which I left there.

Comment

Tried Morrisons, the shelf had the same case left overs as last time. Took one to the 'here to help' desk and they phoned through to the people who deal with the delivery sheet and none have been received this week overall another disappointing week!

Comment

There are going to be a total of 14 cases to complete the 2014 World of Cars singles. It would appear that the UK has missed the first case (998K) as the next touted case (998M) will be hitting the shops very soon.

If the UK case is similar to the US contents in case 999W, then Lizzie is going to be in that case! As Mattel pairs different retailers on a rotational basis, it's likely that Morrisons will also get the current 998L case, leaving Tesco as a prime candidate to get the 998M case. Disney Stores could get some *hybrid* case with some or a mixture of both cases?

After the first two cases, new case assortments will be released every three to four weeks and distributed to retailers where there is demand. It is not planned that any 'old' cases are introduced into the system, but if the Cars sell quicker than Mattel can supply them, something maybe inserted to fill gaps here and there!

Although it hasn't been confirmed I gather that the number of cases produced and ordered will have reduced from 2,000 to 1,500. This has *probably* contributed to the price rise, although at least Sainsburys are absorbing the rise so far!

With the exception of putting five Lightning McQueens in each of the first three cases, assortments will average about 18 different cars per case, so a number of Cars will be repeated in a number of cases, so if you miss out now, unless it's a Chase car, it'll reappear a few times again throughout the year.

All 11 Cars 2 racers are going to appear in the Neon Racers series over three assortments, although the line will be kept going as long as there is demand.

Pricing policy is a sensitive and confidential subject, so I wasn't expecting an answer and didn't get one! Fair play to Sainsburys for not passing the price rise on.

To reiterate what I said before about the lack of Deluxe and Double Packs in the UK, there are a number of *official* reasons why we are not getting them in the UK. The main reason given is that there is little interest and demand from retailers. This maybe partly due to retailers getting their fingers burned on Mater/Zen Master Pitty, Submarine Finn, Sumos etc, but the price rise to about £11-12 (GBP) is also a factor. Given that there will be more Planes, Mattel are keen not to overdose the Deluxe market as they appreciate that household budgets are limited. There's a lot of discounting going on with the current (Dusty) crop of Planes, so they may have a point. Wilkinsons had Planes including Chug for £3.50 (GBP) today and Toymaster had him for £4.49 (GBP).

Cars singles sell as about £5.00 (GBP) appears to be a price that the masses are willing to pay. If they rise across the board to £6.00 (GBP) it'll be interesting to see what happens to the demand. I'm sure Mattel factored this in when reducing the number of cases?

Comment

Is anyone able to publish this case assortment info on the site somewhere?

Comment

International Case W1938-998M (TBC)

LIZZIE - 1
            LEE RACE (CHASE) - 1
            WHEEL WELL GUIDO (with Air Gun & Sign) - 1
            MATTHEW 'TRUE BLUE' McCREW - 1
            THE KING No. 43 - 1
            RAMONE (Purple) - 2
            VLADMIR TRUNKOV - 1
            RIP CLUTCHGONESKI - 1
            WGP LIGHTNING McQUEEN (with Racing Wheels) - 3
            MATER - 2
            RACE TEAM FILLMORE (with Headset) - 1
            RAOUL CaROULE - 2
            N2O COLA No. 68 - 1
            KABUTO - 1
            CRUISING LIGHTNING McQUEEN - 2
            FRANCESCO BERNOULLI - 1
            RACE TOW TRUCK TOM - 1
            CARLA VELOSO - 1

I have added (with Racing Wheels) to WGP LIGHTNING McQUEEN for my own benefit to denote that this has effectively replaced LIGHTNING McQUEEN (with Racing Wheels).
            Last edited by niftynigel; 01-23-2014, 11:40 PM.

Comment

For completeness this is what International case W1938-998K contained when released in mainland Europe back in December ...

WINGO (with Flames) - 1
              MAX SCHNELL - 1
              FRANCESCO BERNOULLI - 1
              RACE TOW TRUCK TOM - 1
              LIGHTNING McQUEEN No. 95 - 2
              MATER - 2
              MARLON 'CLUTCHES' McKAY - 2
              WGP LIGHTNING McQUEEN (with Racing Wheels) - 3
              HYDRAULIC RAMONE - 2
              SUKI - 1
              RACE TEAM FILLMORE (with Headset) - 2
              RAOUL CaROULE - 2
              N2O COLA No. 68 - 1
              TIMOTHY TWOSTROKE - 1
              LUIGI & GUIDO - 2

With the exception of a couple of Cars (e.g. TIMOTHY TWOSTROKE) most have been repeated in the second and third cases. Let's hope we don't to wait too long for him!

Comment

went out hunting yesterday and found a few new cars

found mildred,snot rod with flames,alex carvill,mark wheelsen,rpm,luigi and guido with shaker/glasses in asda.

also found Disney planes ripslinger tent pack in Sainsbury's discounted to £8.66.

TRU had lots of Christmas cars,metallic Francesco discounted to £1.96,finish line frenzy game and excl lmq discounted to £4.96,lots of metallic raouls @ £7.99,a few TRU RS classics cards(nick stickers,mater,lmq).

Comment

Nice finds djjd21, I haven't seen the Mark Wheelsen case for months now so great find

Comment

Sainsburys finds

Comment

Amazing finds, how much were the Deluxe Cars?

Comment

So jealous of your sainsburys finds lol

Can't wait to see Nelson in store

Comment

Ok. Problem.
                          Deluxe are £9.99 each but not on their system yet so I was not able to buy them. They are holding them for me and will call when they are.

Comment

nice find simon, a tenner, dont know about that, will have to keep the cost element away from her indoors (cmb- yuffie)
                            Originally posted by pirelliboy View Post
                            Sainsburys finds

Comment

quick pit stop at local asda
                              found mildred and you the bomb mater, nought else on shelves
                              neon jobbies, only had mcqs and schus
                              pull back racers, on new card back at 9.99, had mcq and mater, the old ones are in home bargains for 3.99

Comment

Awesome find, pirelliboy! I'm glad that the 2014 Deluxe have arrived in the UK.

Nice finds, djjd21 and boogity.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Working...
                                X