No announcement yet.

Recent Finds - March 2014 Store Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoever is finding case A a lot is doing much better than most! I am almost afraid my walmarts will never see another case of anything!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scavenger View Post
      ^^NICE^^
      Im wondering if they doubled or tripled up on Lee in some cases and excluded Lizzie and Matthew?? I have seen other people report finding Lee's but no Lizzies or Matts!!

Your other finds...you missed Lubewig, Chisaki, Sidewall Shine, Spare-O-Mint and Doc Hudson.

Has anyone found anything at Walmart lately????? Mine have been completely empty of Cars for months, with the exception of each of them receiving ONE case of singles in that timeframe! I had an employee scan them at 3 different stores, and they all said the computers says ordered, but none of them are showing anything in transit!!
      Thats the same thing at my Walmart, they're scanners say cars are on order but nothing shows up, I finally went to the head manager of the store to find out what the deal is and she told me that since they're remodeling the whole store and changing around departments, certain orders in the toy departments along with others are on hold. She acted rude about it though from my friends who work at WM I've heard she's not nice at all any time. Either way doesn't seem like anything is gonna be showing up at my WM until after the remodel is complete.. which could be at least a month maybe less.
      "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Raginpage View Post
        Also I don't think anyone should be shamed into helping, I just mentioned it in case it hasn't ocurred to him to do it. That's all.
        I don't mind having help to find certain ones, but its just a bummer that it costs me a bit more money to obtain them then just buying them off the peg.

Comment

• Look at it this way. If it saves you from having to drive around for 100s of miles just to find them on the pegs, it is often a bargain. My cars average me a whole lot more than store prices when you figure how often I check, how far I drive, etc. It is fun for me, but it costs a lot of money by the time I'm done. Plus, if I guess wrong on what people might want I'm stuck with a lot of extras. That's why I wouldn't want anyone feeling like they SHOULD help out. On the flip side, Ive gotten lots of rare and hard to find cars in trades by doing it.

Comment

• ^^^To build on that for example...I found and bought 5 Lee Races, 2 Wheel Well Guidos, and 1 Lizzie on Thursday. Those were found at 1 Target and a TRU. But I checked and struck out at a whole lot more places. 4 Walmarts, 4 Targets, 2 TRUs, and a Kmart. Only 8 diecast cars to show for it. Each one of those were duplicates to trade. On Friday, I hit 2 different Targets, 3 Walmarts, 2 Kmarts, and a TRU. All I found was Nigel w/ Flames and 2 Sarges w/ headsets. 2 cars I haven't found yet and 1 to trade hopefully for a Homer car that I have yet to find. If it wasn't for trades, I wouldn't have 40-45% of my current collection.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
            http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

• Lizzie cases are coming into Kohls. I've seen 1 fresh and 1 missing Lee and Lizzie so far.

Comment

Look at it this way. If it saves you from having to drive around for 100s of miles just to find them on the pegs, it is often a bargain. My cars average me a whole lot more than store prices when you figure how often I check, how far I drive, etc. It is fun for me, but it costs a lot of money by the time I'm done. Plus, if I guess wrong on what people might want I'm stuck with a lot of extras. That's why I wouldn't want anyone feeling like they SHOULD help out. On the flip side, Ive gotten lots of rare and hard to find cars in trades by doing it.
                True, the hunts that come back with nothing still have the gas spent from the days trip

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyjack View Post
                  ^^^To build on that for example...I found and bought 5 Lee Races, 2 Wheel Well Guidos, and 1 Lizzie on Thursday. Those were found at 1 Target and a TRU. But I checked and struck out at a whole lot more places. 4 Walmarts, 4 Targets, 2 TRUs, and a Kmart. Only 8 diecast cars to show for it. Each one of those were duplicates to trade. On Friday, I hit 2 different Targets, 3 Walmarts, 2 Kmarts, and a TRU. All I found was Nigel w/ Flames and 2 Sarges w/ headsets. 2 cars I haven't found yet and 1 to trade hopefully for a Homer car that I have yet to find. If it wasn't for trades, I wouldn't have 40-45% of my current collection.
                  If I had the luck of finding stores that actually had them I'd be grabbing them up and putting them up for trade, my only problem would be, half the cars I still need are the older rarer ones to find like Sir Harley Gassup, Prince Wheeliam, etc. etc. Which is where the value of car vs car would be brought up.

Comment

• I almost always pick up extras of the Chase Cars, but I've stopped buying extras of regular singles. You never know if they'll be packed abundantly in future cases or just not be very popular, and then you get stuck with extras that you cannot even give away.

Comment

• Originally posted by odisn View Post
                      I almost always pick up extras of the Chase Cars, but I've stopped buying extras of regular singles. You never know if they'll be packed abundantly in future cases or just not be very popular, and then you get stuck with extras that you cannot even give away.
                      you can always return cars that nobody wants

Comment

• Originally posted by CarsDiecast08 View Post
                        If I had the luck of finding stores that actually had them I'd be grabbing them up and putting them up for trade, my only problem would be, half the cars I still need are the older rarer ones to find like Sir Harley Gassup, Prince Wheeliam, etc. etc. Which is where the value of car vs car would be brought up.
                        you could always trade 2 for 1 of older cars you need

Comment

Lizzie cases are coming into Kohls. I've seen 1 fresh and 1 missing Lee and Lizzie so far.
                          are they getting them around now or sometime soon?? I have a kohls so I'll check it out

Comment

• Here's some stuff I picked up over the past few days...
                            Last edited by Scavenger; 03-28-2014, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• Nice finds, Scavenger!!!

Comment

• Found all this today at Walmart! I'm happy that I found the new MMs and Planes, but mad that I missed the majority of Case A as well.. Oh well, hopefully I find them soon.
                                And based off your findings, I checked Kohl's today for the first time in maybe a whole year and saw another Gunnar as well as Ned. There were also some Lights and Sounds Finn McMissiles that I think have been there since May 2011; the dust probably weighs more than the Car at this point.

Last edited by Fillmore1234; 03-25-2014, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X