No announcement yet.

Recent Finds - January 2015 Store Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently my local Target had its toy reset, so the Ice Racers got their own peg and the 4-pack got its tag, but they didn't have any of the 4-packs yet. I didn't buy anything at this Target, all they had were left overs from Case L and the Louis Larue case. Then I went to a Meijer and picked up a Mama Bernoulli and Lizzie, pretty good finds for me!
    Youtube Channel RCcars5 | Google Plus Community Disney Cars & Planes Community

Comment

Just found at Target for $4.20

Comment

What's so special about that display case McQueen?

Comment

I just wish I could find this Ice Racer 4 pack, not even a tag for it. Just a lot of older 4 packs.

Comment

Couldn't stand not buying any cars for weeks so I bought the Ice Racers. My target had the 4 pack and the other singles. Bought the 4 pack, Max, Lewis, and Miguel. Didn't see any others so will have to keep an eye out.

Comment

Found it yesterday in our store. The international version of the package. With these two series issued today (7 models) almost collected. Left to buy Sandy Dunes.

Comment

Nice find, Sapfir.

I made a quick trip to the north side of Cincinnati yesterday, hoping to find the Target Collector McQueen on clearance for $4.20 each... it was $7 at the first store I stopped at, but $4.20 at the next 2... I bought a few because I'm planning on using them as upcoming contest prizes... 1 of the 3 stores had Alberto and Sally with Tattoo, but I left them... no Cars newer than that.

I stopped at 1 Walmart and 1 Meijer and 1 Kroger - all 3 were a complete waste of time (although the Kroger did have 1 Jessica/Nate Movie Moment)

And just for kicks I stopped at 2 Walgreens stores... the first actually had Mater on 2015 cardback - that's the first (and only so far) time I've seen any 2015 Cars in stores.

In fact, this Walgreens had a pretty good assortment for their 3 Cars in stock:

I left them all... didn't need any of them.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Cool finds, cac1959!
                  Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

I found a Lenticular Mater on either 2013 or 2014 cardback at Kohl's. At $7.99 I left it but I was wondering if anyone knows why a Lenticular car would be on a newer card? Oh, and also it did not have a little box in the corner telling what collection it was in.

Comment

There was a wave of Lenticular cars in 2014 that people only found at Kohl's. They are not part of series or anything like that.
                      Kenny, age 13

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Frosty View Post
                        Dear Boogity,

Your post has been edited so I don't know what you wrote. But I'm guessing that you vented about people buying way more than they need.

For the record, I haven't bought a single car including any frostys, in the past few weeks as I only buy one for myself and sometimes a second to trade. The only exceptions I have made to this were buying a load of cheap Taia and Taco Mater on the instructions of a UK board member who then backed out of buying them, leaving me with most of them now still. Also I bought multiple Neon Frosty to all those who requested to me by PM. I have none of those left and even gave away the last 2014 poster and don't have one myself.

My son and I took all of those frostys off the shelf to photograph so that this board could see them as I thought it would be fun to share this find. We then put all of them back and tidied the shelf. We had fun doing it which is the reason why we collect cars.

I have never made a profit by onselling cars and have never sold on eBay.

I hope that your post was in regards to people in general buying more than needed for profit rather than defaming myself in the mistaken belief that I had bought them all and that made me 'bad.'

I was going to write this as a PM but feel that if my character has been questioned publicly then I need to respond publicly too.
                        That's what I figured you did, I take pictures of the displays at stores all the time. You didn't do anything wrong.
                        "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

Went to Target yesterday, they had put out the ice racers on their own pegs, they even had 3 Louis LaRue, already have him but did get Petrov Vitaly

"I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

Nice find!

I see no reason for them to charge more than the average single for the Ice Racers. Non-collectors will NEVER buy them then and they will sit there forever like the Neons.

Comment

Originally posted by CarsDiecast08 View Post
                              That's what I figured you did, I take pictures of the displays at stores all the time. You didn't do anything wrong.
                              Thanks, it's all worked out now!

Comment

Today at K-Mart I found a Mama Bernoulli and a Todd Pizza Planet Truck!!!!!! Very pleased with my finds!
                                Kenny, age 13

Comment

Working...
                                X