Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is a great price, I paid £7.99 for Ice Racer Francesco in the Entertainer a few weeks ago. But hey I thought I would pay the price as I didn't know when I would see it again and I didn't want the regret. Today I did noticed Asda had Deluxe Cars reduced to £8. Only 2 Ivan's on the shelf though.

Comment

• Having bought the four 2015 deluxes I came across in Sainsbury's recently I finally realised that my collecting days were over when they just sat in the bag for a week or two. So to officially confirm I had stopped I returned them without any regret.

I still can't help walking down the toy aisle when I go in there though, and the last three visits (over the course of about 10 days) I have seen the same Chase Marcelo and Marco sat in the display box. The last time with just a Chisaki for company, even with a 2 for £8 offer. Seems I'm not the only down this way to have stopped collecting.

Comment

• Sorry to hear your enthusiasm has weaned lately yuffle. For me the collecting bug is chiefly driven by finding new and exciting Cars. When it's slow at the shops and there is not a great deal to buy then it tests any collectors patience. That's when I turn to filling the gaps but I am at the stage now where the gaps in my collection that need filling are rare and expensive! It's tough sometimes, especially when you know new Cars are out there but distribution causes a very frustrating situation. I guess we all change over time and our tastes do as well. You never know, you may casually check the toy isle from time to time and one day you might find that one car that re-ignites it all for you. In the mean time find something else worth while to blow your hard earned on! Good luck

Comment

• Sainsbury's finally got a case of the 2015 Deluxe in stock. Apart from Brian Fuel it's not the most exciting of deluxe assortments out there but I still picked up Tractor and the Dinoco Chopper. I didn't think the chopper was very different to the original single release but when I got home and compared the two, I was pleasantly surprised to see the new Chopper is bigger and more detailed.

So I did the same with the Tractor - not many changes, colour of the engine, wheels and a few slight tampo differences but otherwise the same as the Movie Moments release.

I decided not to open them just yet, I really like the 2015 card art and colours.

Comment

• Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
            I didn't think the chopper was very different to the original single release but when I got home and compared the two, I was pleasantly surprised to see the new Chopper is bigger and more detailed.

Did you miss the first Deluxe case of 2013 with the bigger Dinoco chopper, or are you saying there's a third size ?
            The 2013 case A release was already larger then the original release..
            Cars Addict

Comment

• The uk didn't get the deluxes or double packs in 2013 😭

Comment

• A nice unexpected find on a bank holiday Monday. This was the only one on the shelf, but I left a lot that we already had- determined McQueen, Dash Boardman, etc. We have been pretty lucky and have managed to find all the new 2015 Cars 1 related toys in the shops.

Comment

• Great find, Hondo!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• What shop Hondo?

Comment

• i,m just back off me hols, clearly havnt missed much from a uk point of view
                      went to costa brava and barcalona, came back with some good stuff, well chuffed, will post finds later

forgot to take mcq with me for travel photos, but bought a disney chick, photos to follow
                      typical of chick, I took him out in the back pocket when out on the bike, I did all the work and he did nought!

yuffie, pity you say youve stopped collecting, but i,m sure youll be back!

Comment

• Hope you had a great time boogity! Looking forward to seeing your finds! I got these recently

Comment

• [QUOTE=Hondo;52481]A nice unexpected find on a bank holiday Monday. This was the only one on the shelf, but I left a lot that we already had- determined McQueen, Dash Boardman, etc. We have been pretty lucky and have managed to find all the new 2015 Cars 1 related toys in the shops.

Nice find! You are lucky with the 2015 Cars. I have not seen any 2015 Cars until recently. Still lots of great new releases to look forward too!

Comment

• back to work today, in stresscos, had left instructions with a colleague to look out for 2015 range, dont think he looked too hard cos as I went in this morning found an opened case e on top shelf, got greg and andrea, there were 2 gaps in the box but dont know what there were
                            I have been after andrea for years so I was well chuffed, as for me mate, well......

Comment

• vandance, what is that wee blue car called?
                              Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
                              Hope you had a great time boogity! Looking forward to seeing your finds! I got these recently

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
                                vandance, what is that wee blue car called?
                                That's Christina Wheeland. Seems like this case is appearing everywhere now. Found Mrs.the King, Kathy Copter, Greg Candyman and the rest in Asda today. I already have them, but I just couldn't pass them up!

Comment

Working...
                                X