X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesco display today which new in this area

Comment

• Well, despite lots of checking, I've yet to see the last 2014 case or any of the post Smyths 2015 cases. I got excited when my local TRU produced two unopened cases from the back, but alas, they were both old 2014 stock.

Comment

• Originally posted by BirchTiger View Post
        Well, despite lots of checking, I've yet to see the last 2014 case or any of the post Smyths 2015 cases. I got excited when my local TRU produced two unopened cases from the back, but alas, they were both old 2014 stock.
        Is there anything in particular you are looking for, if so will keep an eye out

Nick

Comment

• Hi, checked one of my local Asda stores this morning, no new singles but found these two 3 packs from Tokyo Mater & Rescue Squad Mater. Quite pricey at £13.97 each but still bought them.

Comment

• Great find on the Rescue Squad Mater 3 pack, Scotcars! Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your photo.

That's a nice display you found at Tesco, Chuckjonesmason... hope you found some Cars you needed... thanks for sharing your photo.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotcars View Post
              Hi, checked one of my local Asda stores this morning, no new singles but found these two 3 packs from Tokyo Mater & Rescue Squad Mater. Quite pricey at £13.97 each but still bought them.

Thanks to your very timely tip off, I got the bus from work to the nearest ASDA Superstore and picked up one of each of these 3-Car box sets.

After getting just two of the previous wave of 3-Car box sets about a year late, it's a pleasant surprise to get them early. Indeed, the store actually had some of the previous wave in stock!

The biggest bonus (for me) is that they have US style packaging. I guess that ASDA (changing name to Walmart?) have decided to buy them in with the US stocks. That can only be a good thing for UK collectors. Hopefully, this means that all eight 2015 Toon singles will make it to the UK this time around. Only the first case made it here, from August last year and they are still being delivered!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckjonesmason View Post
                Tesco display today which new in this area

Have they still got old cars old shelves too?

Comment

• Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
                  So that's why they call you Nifty...in and out the store in a flash! Great scores and nice to hear 2015 cases are around. Thanks for the update.
                  I couldn't possibly say what prompted that nickname, save for it originated from around 1982-1983 when I was still in my teens!

Comment

• Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                    Have they still got old cars old shelves too?
                    Yes niftynigel they still had a shelve with some old stock from way before crimbo

Comment

• Yes, thanks for the tip off Scotcars, Rescue Squad Mater 3 pack, picked up in Asda this evening. Still no sign of any 2015 cars in Asda, Sainsburys or Tesco in my area

Comment

• Found a 2015 Case in Morrisons Chippenham!!! Picked up View Zeen. Quite a lot still on shelf as of 8pm 05.03.2015 including: Pit Crew Guido, Luke Pettleworth, Ron Hover, Road Repair McQueen, Doc, Wingo, Dash Boardman...

Comment

• so far i,ve found nought of this 2015 stuff, not too bothered as i,ve just spent a load of dosh on a new bike, so its probably a good thing i,ve not seen anything

nigel, does her indoors know you are buying all this stuff or are you "niftely " sneaking them in and not telling her, something that I have been guilty of in the past, but have got caught out weeks later when the bank statement comes in!

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
                            so far i,ve found nought of this 2015 stuff, not too bothered as i,ve just spent a load of dosh on a new bike, so its probably a good thing i,ve not seen anything

nigel, does her indoors know you are buying all this stuff or are you "niftely " sneaking them in and not telling her, something that I have been guilty of in the past, but have got caught out weeks later when the bank statement comes in!

It was actually my wife that started the collection, all those years ago with a Supercharged Cruising Lighting McQueen. I must have been so impressed with it, I put it in a box (for safe keeping). Just over three years ago, I opened the box (in a routine tidy up; moving things around). I put the car (still in it's pristine card) in my study.

A couple of days later, I was in Sainsburys (near my old place of work) and I saw some Cars 2 cars. I thought they looked good. I bought them. When I got them home, I showed my wife. She loved them! She noticed the numbers of them, 1- Mater, 26 - McQueen etc. We thought there must be 26 of them! After football the following Saturday I ventured into Hamleys and bought seven cars. We had about a dozen plus the SC McQueen! Unbeknown to me, whilst I was at football, my wife was already enquiring eBayers regards Desert and Supercharged cars.

We were hooked!!!!

She started to collect the Desert and Supercharged sets and I decided just to concentrate on Cars 2. Then one fateful day I was in Bentalls. They had an Easter sale of World of Cars singles. I found 24 of them, for about £50. A few days later, when in Barnsley for the game against West Ham United, I popped into WH Smiths. I saw a Final Lap Lenticular car on display. It was £4. I asked if they had any more. The lady brought out a case of them! I bought the case! Can you imagine me trying to get this case of cars into a Championship football match? I had to open the case and show the security / turnstile operators. They let me in but had a good giggle! I had the last laugh. West Ham United won 4-0.

I wasn't hooked, I was now obsessed!!!!

The rest they say is history!

Comment

• Morrisons was a nice tip thanks garageland. Picked up Dinoco Chick Hicks and Viewzeen

Comment

• found pit row gift packs reduced to 2.50 in tesco this morning, bought el chu, this is only the 4th panes diecast ive bought!

Comment

Working...
                                X