Recent Finds: August 2011

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Finds: August 2011

Please post your August 2011 finds in this thread... Yes, I am a few hours early... I hope to have a few things to add to this thread tomorrow.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

You know it's a slow time for Cars items when no one has posted any finds for the month and it's August 3rd... I should have a package from lovemini tomorrow - my friend from Indianapolis forgot about mailing it to me! I also have another package in transit... I'll post pictures after I receive the packages.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

spotted a ceramic plate if the shape of mcq in disney today, a bit different, it was 3.50
      also spotted cars 2 top tumps on amazon for 4 quid

was in whsmith the other day, spotted haulers buy one get one half price, the only one left was jerry at 19.99, now if my memory serves me correctly the last time I was in WHS about 2 months ago , jerry was there all on his lonesome!
      Still WHS is a shower, what do they expect at 19.99!

Comment

Nothing to report from Canada...sigh
        I did start on some new custom crew chiefs though; Vitoline, Shifty Drug and Tachomint will soon make an apperance

Comment

I've seen some Finn McMissiles, Race Team Maters and Lightening McQueens...

Comment

OK, Let me update some. Many new stuff here, but only brought a Rip for my son.
            I will post some pictures of 11 racers together next week.

Police Finn
            Single headset Fillmore short carded
            Single short carded other ones, such as Jeff, Finn, ....
            2-pack McQueen and Fillmore (team crew)
            2-pack Carla and its crew chief (only one and sold out now)
            saw almost all the 3-pack, 4-pack, 7-pack in box here, but the price is three times to five times than the ones in US.

A buddy picked up a Ransburg Jeff for me, on the way to my home with a huge box of other cars.
            Got a oil Tokyo Mater from a good friend from Berlin TRU, last one.
            Got a box treasure and gifts from Simon.

Picked up two Muddy McQueen for two friends here.
            Picked up two Factory McQueen for two friends here since it is in clearance a week ago, sold out now.
            Picked up some other cars for a friend here.

add more...
            Shanghai TRU has Mega Size Case A (four cars) now, about $20 for each.
            it also have most of single, 69 Yuan, 6.4 Yuan = $1, so more than $10 for each.
            Can find some carded US version cars2 in some small shop, 55 Yuan, about $8.5
            Got a Loose Guido with roller, my son take it when I want to sell it.
            Got two sound and light mcQueens, I think I never showed the pictures, one is apple white version and another is green one, looks cool. They are not Mattel cars, very heavy. Gift two to kids of two friends, two packages, each of them are 489g.

Last edited by lovemini; 08-04-2011, 09:52 AM.

Comment

George, you have the best finds of us all by far...

Comment

George this market you go to sounds like a collectors dream, why do you think the cars cost 3-4 times the amount. Is it just the sellers realising the demand and what people will pay? Great scores and thanks for sharing.

Comment

Few carded cars or boxes cars in Chinese small shops, so expensive. TRU China will not have those x-pack, I even did not see any mega size cars1 or cars Toon in TRU or WM before.
                  I saw TRU exclusive McQueen (car2) in a shop, listed for 199 Yuan, $30. and some people still buy it. Kmart exclusive mater is $30 too.
                  One seller is selling SOS set, price is $7400+, it is real. An apple icar is $1784, it is not SOS one, not backdoor one, it is personal custom one. it is real too. Many funny things here. I will not be surprise to see some guy buy it one day.

Comment

had the pleasure of finding Pinion Tanaka(cardback name) today at a local toyshop...had been thinking to find a grey wrestler as on the poster/collect them all, and on poster he is called Finion ... is same color as Kingpin Nobunaga though. A word from the experts maybe
                    Last edited by DaFickser; 08-04-2011, 01:59 PM.

Anatomical illustrations by Jake Parker

Comment

Nice scores, lovemini and DaFickser... MrB - your scores closely match what I've seen in stores around here... Sigh...

Comment

New arrivals: 8/4/11

I finally have some new arrivals...

From GOMATERGO and musicnywu1:

From lovemini via indykjt:

Many thanks Steve, Danny, George, and Kevin...

And last but not least... here's Holley!

I found her in my pole barn last Monday... someone had dropped her off... I call her Agent Shiftwell when she's misbehaving... She's very good with our grandchildren... my wife wants to try to housebreak her, so she's staying in the kitchen... she's not allowed to go in my Cars room (Holley that is, my wife is allowed but usually chooses not to, unless she wants to beat me at Carcassonne)...

We're not quite sure what kind of dog Holley is, but I have a feeling she's going to be a pretty good sized dog... I also hope she can start doing a better job of sleeping through the night.
                        Last edited by cac1959; 08-05-2011, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Found the 10 pack here in the UK last night in TRU with the 2 kabuki dancers in. £49.99 ouch. if singles are £4.49 x10, where do they get there nerve to sell at this price, shouldnt it be cheaper because your buying a value pack, won't be long before these are on offer but I doubt it will be anything like in the states. We might be lucky and see them at £44.99, but cars are only £3.49 in Tesco and £4 in Asda, welcome to rip off Britain, also still have the lights and sound Professor z in Asda at £8, becoming a peg warmer due to the extortionate overpricing. Nothing else new Im afraid

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                            And last but not least... here's Holley!
                            Bless, she's adorable...

Comment

Nice finds guys, especially Mr George and of course Holley

Comment

Working...
                              X