No announcement yet.

Recent Finds: August 2011

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made a trip up to Winchester (found the case A launchers Max, Nigel, and McQueen for $7 each on clearance) and then went to Muncie... found a fresh case of Metallic Paint Jeff Gorvette at TRU and bought 4 of them... saw the 10 pack with the dancers but left it... even for $10 off it didn't appeal to me... bought a Stephenson the Spy Train at Walmart as I sent one out to Canada today... Kmart had sold 2 of the remaining 3 McQueen/Fillmore with headset from 3 weeks ago but had not gotten in any new of the Carla/Crew Chief 2 packs... I've only seen the 2 packs at 3 of 12 Kmart stores.

And the worst part of today's trip is that it appears that Blue Raspberry Crush may have been a limited run promotional item that's already been discontinued... Dadgum...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Not had much time to car shop this month so far. Going to head out to TRU after work to see if they got the Metallic Jeff yet. Found all the new carrying cases and stow and go playset in Sevierville, TN Kmart. No crew chiefs though.
      Saw the movie again Tuesday and liked it just as much as the first two times. It was cool trying to spot more things I missed. Pinion is the same color as Kingpin in the movie. He also gets the better of Kingpin in the 1.5 seconds they spend on the screen together.
      Last edited by bobbyjack; 08-07-2011, 03:12 PM.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
      http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Found the lightning Mcqueen with travel wheels 2 pack in Tesco yesterday here in the UK, and Ive also seen the Nitroade crew team sets if anyone is missing them. I will buy for anyone and swap or sell at the retail cost to help anyone out there who is in need. They are Ł15 each.

Comment

While in the Dayton (Ohio) area last night, bought some Kmart 3 rubber tire racers for a friend... at another Kmart store I found the Deluxe C case and bought the Kingpin Nobunaga... No sign of the exclusive 2 packs at any of the 3 Kmart stores I went to.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Received this in the mail today from my friend indykjt; Kevin traded me this error Car for a correct one... Thank you, indykjt!

Comment

Working on a tip from a local trader, I finally found Metallic Jeff in TRU today. Was able to pick up two big scores that other traders had me hunting for too. That $10 off for every $25 spent is a good deal. Might pick up an Action Agents Battlestation tomorrow. Worth it at that price.

Comment

Can anyone help Ive just got a couple of these cases but havent recieved them yet but dont know whats in them. They have this number on the side. T2096-9993 they are kmart cases with 24 cars in each but Im not sure whats in them. I think its Kmart day 4 but can anyone confirm this for me please.

Comment

Originally posted by MarknotaMack View Post
                  Can anyone help Ive just got a couple of these cases but havent recieved them yet but dont know whats in them. They have this number on the side. T2096-9993 they are kmart cases with 24 cars in each but Im not sure whats in them. I think its Kmart day 4 but can anyone confirm this for me please.
                  I'll check when I get home tonight and edit this post with the answer. I just did an Internet search and it looks like the Kmart 3 case assortment.

Update: Not enough information to identify... My Kmart 3, 4, and 5 cases all have that same number, T2096-9993... they differ in what follows...

Kmart 3: LW 263/9/04
                  Kmart 4: JG 149/10/P04
                  Kmart 5: JG 275/10/P04
                  Last edited by cac1959; 08-12-2011, 02:27 AM. Reason: More details

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                    I'll check when I get home tonight and edit this post with the answer. I just did an Internet search and it looks like the Kmart 3 case assortment.
                    Thankyou

Comment

3 for 2 in smyths, this is only on the singles, doubles and mega, unfortunately,
                      also not much choice in stock

spotted a book , (similiar to the one with bubba and the cousins), had a few tales between cars1 and cars2, had a supped up version of chick hicks, which would be nice if it were to be released

treated myself to a spy train, 9.99 in asda, not bad at all.

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post
                        3 for 2 in smyths, this is only on the singles, doubles and mega, unfortunately,
                        also not much choice in stock

spotted a book , (similiar to the one with bubba and the cousins), had a few tales between cars1 and cars2, had a supped up version of chick hicks, which would be nice if it were to be released

treated myself to a spy train, 9.99 in asda, not bad at all.
                        That's a very good price on Stephenson the Spy Train, boogity... It's $21.97 plus tax as a Walmart exclusive with no sign of going on sale... If I remember right, is asda the UK name of the Walmart stores?

Comment

chris, asda is part of the walmart family,
                          although the spy train is pretty neat, its not really worth much more than a tenner,
                          siddeley is down to 11.95, how much in the states?

Comment

Siddeley ranges in price from 19.97 (Walmart) to $21.99 in the US... my grandchildren like flying Siddeley... they also like playing with Stephenson... I've not bought any other Cars2 playsets (other than some of the Geo Trax) because like you, I feel they are overpriced.

My middle son's name is Stephen... I've called him "Stephen son" for almost 20 years.

Thanks, Roger, for confirming that asda is part of the Walmart family... 3 years ago, a good friend in Cornwall was able to get several international cardback cards for me at asda stores... I think that was back in the World of Cars (WOC) and Race O Rama (ROR) days... sadly, his boys outgrew Cars and other than sending him Kmart 5 rubber tire racers, I don't think he's collected any Cars in the last 2 years...

Comment

Got the Action Agents BattleStation today. Very cool if you have little ones. I like it folded up closed as an attack boat. My son likes it opened up as a playset. Something for both of us. I left it at my mother-in-law's house so my son can play with it while his mother and I are at work. If you are on the fence about this one, you have two more days to get it for $10 off at TRU.

Comment

Found Pinion today at my local TRU. Only new car I have seen in months here

Comment

Working...
                                X