• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VANDANCE
    replied
    Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
    I was in London on Saturday.

They also had the Hot Wheels Beatles Yellow Submarine singles for £5 each. I was tempted, but they didn't have all six. I'm still hopeful that somewhere else will stock them at a more reasonable price.
    You can also pick up the Beatles cars in ASDA for £2.49 and Toymaster for the same price.

Leave a comment:

• rossibutton
    replied
    I have found that it is very rare to find the international double packs, i have only seen them twice in the past year.

I have seen the Hot Wheels Beatles yellow submarine singles in Toys R Us priced at £2.50.

The singles priced at £15 at Tesco has now been corrected to £6, also Tesco's has been getting the latest colour changer case with Dinoco Mcqueen, Darrell Cartrip, DJ & Francesco Bernoulli.

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    I was in London on Saturday.

Hamleys had the first international carded Double Pack case (Y0506-958A). They were priced at £15 each.

They are the only place I've seen international carded Double Packs in the UK since Cars 2.

STANLEY & LIZZE (Double)
    BRENT MUSTANGBERGER & DAVID HOBBSCAPP (Double)
    DINOCO MIA & DINOCO TIA (Double)
    RUSTY RUST-EZE & DUSTY RUST-EZE (Double)
    OKUNI & SHIGEKO (Double)

They also had the Hot Wheels Beatles Yellow Submarine singles for £5 each. I was tempted, but they didn't have all six. I'm still hopeful that somewhere else will stock them at a more reasonable price.

All other cars singles were just the usual 959L pegwarmers (with extra sellotape). They said these had just come in!

Leave a comment:

• boogity
    replied
    Originally posted by boogity View Post
    did a relay in tescos,cant find any cars, the day before there was a full shelf of case L weirded me out!
    now they are out, not on file for a few days

Leave a comment:

• boogity
    replied
    did a relay in tescos,cant find any cars, the day before there was a full shelf of case L weirded me out!

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    I was out on the road again today.

Both Morrisons and Tesco had recent deliveries, Morrisons after saying they may not get any more Cars until September as they are seasonal!

Both stores had the ubiquitous 959L case! They were the second batch (0186EAA) with the sellotape unfortunately! Morrisons actually had three cases of Cars!

Mattel Europe must've over-ordered the 959L case?

Leave a comment:

• VANDANCE
    replied
    Originally posted by boogity View Post
    its 31st july now!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Must be taking them an extra month to set out and stock the Cars display! Maybe even Smyths are having trouble with Mattel's late deliveries? In the meantime you can catch up on some sleep as you will just have to get up early to beat Ru5ty to the spoils!

Leave a comment:

• VANDANCE
    replied
    ...gutted! We seem to have hit a cars brick wall right now with new releases. I was very lucky about 6 weeks back when I managed to find Mater with Balloon and Holley with electro shock but apart from them, I have not seen anything worth collecting since in stores.

I had been expecting to see new RSC at TRU or Smyths (and I am not fussy who gets them first!) new Cars toons singles and box sets at Asda, the rest of the Carnival cup cars at TRU and Asda. New waves of Deluxe at Sainsbury's and /or TRU. And on top of that little lot, more mainline singles. I suppose we collectors can use this break to save up for when new stuff does hit the shelves, especially if singles are priced at £15 each from here on in...eek! Might just have a gander on e-bay to get my fix!

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    My local Toymaster (group) finally got a delivery of new Cars singles. They've been on backorder for some weeks. Unfortunately, they got more 4th / 959L cases!

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
    Surely £15 for a single car is a mistake on the inventory somewhere, like to think they would price match if there was a car you wanted to buy. So, slow moving stock due to multiples of the same case further compounded by a 200% price hike, could it be the down to the euro vote?!! lol!
    Everything (unpopular) will get blamed on Brexit! I suppose that word will make it to the Oxford English Dictionary when they next update it?

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    Surely £15 for a single car is a mistake on the inventory somewhere, like to think they would price match if there was a car you wanted to buy. So, slow moving stock due to multiples of the same case further compounded by a 200% price hike, could it be the down to the euro vote?!! lol!
    When deluxe or something appeared at Tesco, I asked them to price match. They pointed me in the direction of a board with their price match promise, which showed that toys were excluded from the price match!

Leave a comment:

• boogity
    replied
    Good luck hunting in your new Smyths store, always a good chance of seeing a full case- don't forget your wallet.
    its 31st july now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• VANDANCE
    replied
    Good luck hunting in your new Smyths store, always a good chance of seeing a full case- don't forget your wallet.

Leave a comment:

• VANDANCE
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rossibutton
    replied
    It has been a week since my local Tesco stocked up and they had not sold a single car, which got me wondering
    I then spotted the reason why...

IMG_1150[1].jpg

£15 for single cars (just over $20)

At first i thought the store had made a mistake so i checked a different Tesco store and they also were marked at £15.

IMG_1151[1].jpg

Sainsbury's had the new case of colour changers

IMG_1127[1].jpg

IMG_1129[1].jpg

I think that all of them are re-releases

Leave a comment:

Working...
X