Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2017 Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2017 Finds

For those of you in Great Britain and Northern Ireland, please post your 2017 Cars finds in this thread... Many thanks!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Got my first new car of 2017, in the form of Carnival Lewis (at last!). £7.99 at TRU

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
      For those of you in Great Britain and Northern Ireland, please post your 2017 Cars finds in this thread... Many thanks!
      Cac did you get my PM?

Comment

My 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th new cars for 2017 were found today, all 2016 mop ups - Alex Machino and Towga Gremlin in Tescos, and M.A Brake Drumm and Jason Hubkap in Sainsbury's.

Comment

Hi carscollector02 where are you in Essex as I'm in Essex too. Maybe I have some cars you may need

Comment

MarkanotaMack I live in Billericay

Comment

What sainsburys and tesco did you find the new cars.

Comment

Has anyone in the UK found the 2017 cars yet? When are they expected to arrive? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Justin View Post
                  Has anyone in the UK found the 2017 cars yet? When are they expected to arrive? Thanks
                  A small number of the first case (the international equivalent of the US 988R case) appeared at Hamleys just over a week ago. I think the staff said it was case number 977A or 978A. The datestamps were typically 2706-2976EAA.

I saw the both McQueen's, Schnell, Gearsley, CaRoule, Brand New Mater, Brent, Sheriff and Sarge. Kit Revster looked like 2015 issue! The cards look remarkably similar to previous issues.

All the 'new' cars had gone! In any case, I wasn't buying at £10 a car, I'll leave that to the tourists!

They also had what looked like the first double pack case, all repeats and I was defintely not buying at £20 each!

A couple of years ago, Smyths got the first singles case in very limited numbers about a month before others started to get other singles cases.

Hamleys, like Smyths and a couple of other retailers get their cars direct from Mattel Europe, hence the reason why they might get some different cases and some earlier? Smyths and TRU (who get some of the stuff direct from Mattel Asia) are quite often the dumping ground for old stock!

The simple answer is that it's been usual for the first few singles cases to be widely available from around mid February, but you might find the odd one here and there!

I was at Kings Cross St. Pancras station yesterday. The Hamleys there said they didn't get any of the very limited number of singles cases (that Regent Street got). If anyone goes to Hamleys please report if they have any left or if they have any more, indeed what case they have?

Comment

Saw the complete Craig Faster/Alexis Wheelson/Finn deluxe case in Sainsbury's. First new cars I've seen for a while....

Comment

Originally posted by Hondo View Post
                      Saw the complete Craig Faster/Alexis Wheelson/Finn deluxe case in Sainsbury's. First new cars I've seen for a while....
                      Did you buy them? If so, how much were they?

I tried to but they refused to sell them as they weren't on the system!

Comment

Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                        Did you buy them? If so, how much were they?

I tried to but they refused to sell them as they weren't on the system!
                        I went to another Sainsburys afterwards and the same happened. They promptly removed them from sale!

Comment

No, I didn't buy them as I already have Craig and am not interested in the other two. They were £13 - prices are gradually creeping up and the deluxe range is a bit hit and miss with buyers over here. I can see them being peg warmers like the Benny Brakedrum case that seems to be everywhere. I may check back tomorrow to see if they are still there.

Comment

All of the Wilkos in my area has put price tags out on the shelves for Deluxe at £13 but none have stocked up yet, i am keeping an eye out incase they do stock up with the Craig Faster, Alexis Wheelson case.

Comment

Nice finds on the Alexis Wheelson, Craig Faster, and Finn with Breather... £13 is not cheap that's $16.29 is USD based on today's currency exchange rates... Ouch.

Finn with Breather is a pegwarmer in the US... I've seen several Craig Faster on the pegs as well... and I've even seen and left a couple of Alexis Wheelson.

I hope this doesn't cause problems with upcoming releases.

There have been many reports of toys (more than just Cars) not being in the system at multiple US retailers... hopefully they get that fixed everywhere.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Working...
                              X