Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cac1959
    replied
    Thank you for the heads up on the new cases that you found, niftynigel... I'm looking forward to several of those Cars in the 975A case... I'm also glad to see that there is no tape on the blisters/cards.

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    The first proper 2018 singles case has been found at ASDA. It's DXV29-975A (0408EAA)

CARS 3 LIGHTNING McQUEEN No. 95
    JACKSON STORM (IGNTR 2.0) - 3no
    SMOKEY
    DINOCO CRUZ RAMIREZ No. 51 - 2no
    FABULOUS LIGHTING McQUEEN
    RUST-EZE CRUZ RAMIREZ No. 95
    MATER - 2no
    FILLMORE
    REV ROADAGES (VINYL TOUPEE No. 76)
    CONRAD CAMBER (SHINY WAX No. 82) (2G)
    SUDEEP (TRAINEE No. 83)
    ADAM PARKE (CARLA'S PITTY)
    CARL CLUTCHEN (EASY IDLE No. 15)
    KRZYSZTOF (TRAINEE No. 21)
    RYAN SHIELDS (VIEW ZEEN No. 39)
    HIGH IMPACT
    FRANCESCO BERNOULLI
    FRANCESCO'S CREW CHIEF 1
    CRUZ BESOURO 1
    METALLIC DINO DRAFTSKY (CLUTCH AID No. 121)

These are also Sellotape free!

A number of different Deluxe and Double Packs have also appeared at Bentalls, Sainsburys and a few other locations:

MISS FRITTER
    ARVY
    LIGHTYEAR BLIMP
    DR. DAMAGE
    FRANK - 2no

Unlike the first Deluxe case, none of these (around 0198EAA) have Sellotape on them!

The first case included:

MISS FRITTER
    MURPHY
    FRANK
    Plus three others around 3557EAA.

The cardbacks on the latest Deluxe have the names just in English!

Leave a comment:

• boogity
    replied
    got a few nice reduced items in disney today, one of which was a twin pack thunder hollow with cruz and the announcer whose name Icant rem, 7 quid , cant beat that

Leave a comment:

• boogity
    replied
    found mike in b and m cars 1 at 3.99
    and then vinyl toupee from cars 3 left the latter as it was 6.49

Leave a comment:

• boogity
    replied
    I sure did, woman in shop pulled the price label off and left a mark on the card, was not too pleased bout that

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Originally posted by boogity View Post
    found finish line mcqueen in asda, the one in the box reduced to 4.50
    was on holidays in spain last week found scavenger hunt andretti, part from that there was nothing apart from a few chinese plastic knock offs which I bought
    Great to hear from you, boogity... hope you had a great holiday in Spain - did you buy the Scavenger Hunt Mario Andretti? Nice find on the Finish Line McQueen.

Leave a comment:

• boogity
    replied
    found finish line mcqueen in asda, the one in the box reduced to 4.50
    was on holidays in spain last week found scavenger hunt andretti, part from that there was nothing apart from a few chinese plastic knock offs which I bought

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Nice find, VANDANCE! I like the one piece unibody design of Murphy on the 2018 cardback... the Murphy that was in the Toys R US Sarge's Boot Camp set was a 2 piece design.

Leave a comment:

• VANDANCE
    replied
    Found Murphy today too!

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Congratulations on finding Frank, Murphy, and Miss Fritter, niftynigel... the 2018 Frank is supposed to be a slightly different size than the previously released Frank... a lot of people missed out on Frank after prices went sky high - for awhile Frank was $75 to $100 on eBay.

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    Thanks to StuartW's post, I've been on the lookout for the 2018 deluxe's. Since Thursday, most Sainsburys I've been to have had them, but due to there being two Mack Semi's in the case, it's not surprising that these are turning into shelf warmers!

Anyway, I did find a fresh case and grabbed Frank, Murphy and Miss Fritter at Sainsburys. We missed out on Frank all those years ago, so we're well pleased to get him at last! Even the abundance of Sellotape wasn't going to stop me from buying!

There are also loads of Hot Wheels cases in shops now. I've bought 15 singles in the last couple of weeks, various Ford Mustang's mainly.

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Nice finds, StuartW! I'd like to find that 2018 singles case... or any 2018 singles case for that matter.

The 2018 case of double packs appears to be the same one we've seen, niftynigel... there are 2 of each in the case of 12 in the US.

And you would think that Mattel would solve the glue problem... but it hasn't happened... maybe they've purchased stock in a tape company.

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    Great finds Stuart! There should be two Frank and two Murphy in those cases!

Hamleys have 2018 double packs, some where priced at £18 and some £19.

They had:

Strip Weathers / Chick Hicks
    Brick Yardley / Cal Weathers
    Raoul CaRoule / Jeff Gorvette
    Dexter Hoover / Charlie Checker
    Kris Revstopski / Pat Traxson
    Gabriel / Aiden

Like most of the singles, every one had Sellotape on them! Some had circular clear 'sticking plasters' on them! Oh! Mattel, wouldn't be simpler (and cheaper) to sort the clue problem out?

Disney Stores reported that they will be getting 2018 singles at the late Spring reset in late May. They will be regular card backs and not clip strips!

Leave a comment:

• StuartW
    replied
    It seems 2017 singles cases are still shipping in UK.

2018 Deluxe case F is shipping in UK now:

Mack Semi - 2
    Miss Fritter - 2
    Frank - 1
    Murphy - 1

Leave a comment:

• StuartW
    replied
    Contents of clip strip case C are:

Fabulous Lightning McQueen - 2
    Jackson Storm - 3
    High Impact - 1