X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cac1959
    replied
    Originally posted by boogity View Post
    hindsight a great thing, wish i hadnt started getting a few of the next gens because the larger disney examples are just pure class and knock mattels version for 6
    It is what it is, boogity... collect what you like... I have sold off all but a handful of my Disney Store items over the years and all but a handful of my lenticular Cars... had I never bought any Cars I would have saved a lot of money over the years... but I wouldn't have met so many wonderful friends and there might not be a PCD...

While my collection is much more Mattel 1:55 scale than anything else, my favorites from a quality standpoint are the Precision Series (first) and the 3 Jada 1:24 Cars that I have (I have Mack Hauler with trailer, Dinoco Cruz, and Fabulous Lightning McQueen)... I'm not going to go back and buy more of the Jada... the 1:24 take too much space to store or display.

I really like the Disney Store next gen Apple... not sure we'll see it in the US or if I'll buy it if I see it - my nearest Disney Store is in Indianapolis and I don't go there often.

Leave a comment:

• boogity
    replied
    hindsight a great thing, wish i hadnt started getting a few of the next gens because the larger disney examples are just pure class and knock mattels version for 6

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    As others have stated, the current assortment of cars being found in the UK (ASDA and Morrisons) are on clipstrips, with the flimsy plastic glued to the back of a nearly square card.

The cars I have found so far are as follows:

Fabulous Lightning McQueen - 2
    Jackson Storm - 3
    High Impact - 1
    Fillmore - 1
    Dinoco Cruz Ramirez - 1
    Buck Bearingley - 1
    Rev Roadages - 1
    Cars 3 Lighning McQueen - 1
    Metallic Cruz Ramirez - 1
    Mater - 1
    Lee Revkins - 1
    Carlo Veloso - 1
    Sheldon Shifter - 1
    Lighning McQueen with Racing Wheels - 1
    Conrad Camber - 1
    Luigi & Guido - 1

That's a total of 19. If anyone can add the five missing cars, assuming clipstrip cases have 24 cars in them, please do so!

Leave a comment:

• boogity
    replied
    got twin pack disney 1.43 scale mood springs tractor and apple next gen, reduced to a tenner, they are both class

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Great find on the 2018 Cars singles, Scotcars! Congratulations! And I can picture the smile on your boys' face! That's what buying Cars is all about.

Great news that you found 2018 singles and 2 packs in the UK, niftynigel... the bad news is it's 6 months into the 2018 Mattel year.

Tape on 2018 singles, 2 packs, and Deluxe seems to be a standard feature this year... that's not good news for carded collectors.

Leave a comment:

• GotFrank
    replied
    That is a great haul! Congrats.

Leave a comment:

• Scotcars
    replied
    At long last I've finally found 2018 singles in store. My local Morrison's had a fresh case on clipstrip, I bought 6 cars,sheldon shifter, conrad camber, rev roadages, lee revkins, high impact and a metallic cruz ramirez, never seen a bigger smile on ma wee boys face, he was over the moon !

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    GOOD NEWS - CARS 2018 SINGLES AND DOUBLE PACKS ARE IN THE UK!

On my way to the match today, I popped into ASDA at Leyton. They only had two 2018 singles left (Bobby Swift and Jackson Storm). The price ticket said that they had 24no. cars delivered on Tuesday 24 April. Having seen them first hand, I think the cardbacks look really good, indeed what Cars 3 should've looked like! The cards look ticker than last years cards. They were priced at £6.49. The bad news is that the glue problem is still around as they had Sellotape on the bottom and top of the blister.

After the game, I caught the High Speed service to St. Pancras International. I popped into Hamleys. They also had a few new singles, priced at a surprisingly low price of £7. They also had 2018 double packs (all repeats) priced at £18. The double packs also had Sellotape on them!

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Awesome find, boogity! Congratulations!

Leave a comment:

• GotFrank
    replied
    Congrats, always nice to get the fire stoked a bit.

Leave a comment:

• boogity
    replied
    ye ha

never mind cars for a minute , got my best find ever on wednesday lunch time. the john watson 1976 penske ford pc4, winner of the austrian gp in 1976, I have been after this for years and I mean YEARS. For the past few years it has been on ebay at three figures,,, but that was too much
    Got it on the F1 collection once a fortnight magazine at 10.99, knew it was coming as its been out in Europe for a while but UK sequences are different.
    My buddy flav got one too in a different shop, but he tells me they are starting to appear on ebay at 20 quid starting price, enough said about that and the scumbags who are selling them
    Anyway I.m pleased with my one and i,m even allowed to display it in the living room, the historical significance of this is that it was the first time a northern irishman had won a grand prix, the other norn iron winner in later years was Irvine , but he,s not fit to lace watties boots!!!
    the car was sponsored by first national city bank , dont know if this is still on the go or not
    well chuffed , and as a wee bonus found the fncb march 761 of ronnie peterson a number of weeks ago in italy, this made up for not finding any disney cars

Leave a comment:

• boogity
    replied
    asda 3.67 , nothing exciting stocks wise
    home bargains. cars 3 early twin packs and singles too, wasnt priced so ?
    smyths same old same old

starting to miss local tru

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    Disney Stores are selling surplus Cars singles for £4. They have large stocks at all the stores I have seen. They said it's because Mattel (have finally) decided to promote 2018 singles in the UK.

They are expected after the Easter break, so around early / mid- April!

Tesco, Smyths is just a sea of red, with loads of McQueen's and a few other peg/shelf warmers.

Sainsburys are selling off Cars 3 and Toon singles for £3.25.

I've been told that ASDA are selling Cars 3 singles for £4.

Morrisons didn't have anything last time I looked.

Toymaster still have loads of early US Cars 3 singles at £3.99.

The Entertainer have loads of US Cars 3 short card singles at £3.99.

My local TRU's are near to closure as stocks are low with the discount having recently been upped to 40%.

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
    It looks like Toys R US may be shutting down completely in the UK - I read about that on a site yesterday.

And boogity, there's not nearly much activity on the various Cars forums (PCD, CTT, TakeFiveADay) these days... I haven't looked at the French Forum much recently so I don't know if people still post or not.

I haven't found any Cars singles from the last 8 cases in stores - i believe it's been November since I last found any new Cars singles in a store... we are starting the 5th month of the 2018 Mattel year tomorrow and there's no poster, not much sign of new inventory other than boxed sets in the US.

On my way home from work, I visited my nearest TRU superstore today (Purley Way, Croydon). They've recently had a major refit, which was probably planned long before the extent of their financial woes were known? Anyway, it almost looked like business as usual. No discounts (apart from their extended sale - which didn't amount to much). There was just a single A4 sized notice stating that the UK company had entered administration and the change of terms of purchases etc.

I guess there are very few postings as there's nothing to post about! There are a few cars here and there at stores, mainly Cars 3 stuff, but not much. Sainsburys have raised their prices to £6.75 but do have the first wave of 2017 Toon singles at £3.25. Tesco, ASDA and Morrisons have very little stock, well the ones I've visited anyway! All of them could be ready for new stocks (2018 cars)! Hot Wheels are becoming harder to find. We're on 2018 E case already. We must've missed a few cases!?

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    It looks like Toys R US may be shutting down completely in the UK - I read about that on a site yesterday.

And boogity, there's not nearly much activity on the various Cars forums (PCD, CTT, TakeFiveADay) these days... I haven't looked at the French Forum much recently so I don't know if people still post or not.

I haven't found any Cars singles from the last 8 cases in stores - i believe it's been November since I last found any new Cars singles in a store... we are starting the 5th month of the 2018 Mattel year tomorrow and there's no poster, not much sign of new inventory other than boxed sets in the US.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X