---Ishani
    DSC04641.jpgDSC04642.jpgDSC04660.jpgDSC04661.jpg

Anatomical illustrations by Jake Parker

Comment

----Leadbottom
      DSC04648.jpgDSC04649.jpgDSC04663.jpgDSC04664.jpg

Comment

I dislike Ishani's derpy expression.. Why did they not give her eyelashes? And if those are eyelashes, why are the so skinny?
        Other than that she's still my favorite Plane. You may need to fix mine for me GotFrank

Congrats on the find btw!

Comment

And now that the first playing is done, time for me to have a closer look...there is a hole underneath all of them, have the feeling this is for some kind of stand, not in the package.
          The body is metal, the wings are "plastic".
          DSC04655.jpgDSC04665.jpg

Comment

These would have been a whole lot cooler if they had included a stand.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
            http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I like... I like both the Mattel version and the Disney Store version... I won't collect every character in both Mattel and Disney Store... maybe a few of them.

Many thanks for sharing your photos, DaFickser!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

skipper is a must have for me
                the rest I will have to see what they look like in person

Comment

I was only going to collect the Mattel versions for the pure reason that they are smaller and easier to store. But I saw these in the Disney Store for the first time today and couldn't resist!! The selection on offer was: Bulldog & Ishani, El Chupacabra & Rochelle, Dustycrophopper & Skipper and these guys, Racing Dusty & Ripslinger.

Davesplanes.jpg

Comment

Very nice 2 pack! Are they the same size as the ones in the Plastic Cases?? Do they appear to be metal or plastic?? I am REALLY ready for some planes to start hitting the pegs near me ... getting that itch to reach for my wallet lol

Comment

Originally posted by jestrjef View Post
                      Very nice 2 pack! Are they the same size as the ones in the Plastic Cases?? Do they appear to be metal or plastic?? I am REALLY ready for some planes to start hitting the pegs near me ... getting that itch to reach for my wallet lol
                      Jeff, exactly as with DS Cars, these Planes will be identical to the US releases (metal diecast at larger scale than Mattel) just packaged in 2-pack (cheap) blisters as opposed to singles in acrylic boxes.

Comment

Thanks Enzo! It does seem odd they do not want to do the Acrylic cases over the pond and only here in the States ... I just don't get that ... but then again, there are a lot of things I just don't get about Disney ... or Mattel for that matter

Comment

Originally posted by jestrjef View Post
                          Thanks Enzo! It does seem odd they do not want to do the Acrylic cases over the pond and only here in the States ... I just don't get that ... but then again, there are a lot of things I just don't get about Disney ... or Mattel for that matter
                          I could have sworn you were about to say...."a lot of things I just don't get about the UK"

It is odd but also frustrating as not only do we not get those lovely collector stackable boxes (which cost more than cheap crappy blister packs) but we have to suffer the curse of the 2-pack when invariably you only want one of the pair.

And they often switch round pairs with no logic between series, which is a massive pain. The only packs that I can recall being really great value were Rod/Ivan, Flo/Ramone and Metallic Rescue Mater/Matte Sheriff. Although HRH Queen/Wheeliam has been reissued again which is nice.

Seems to be the same curse with Planes too. However, if they produce Bravo & Echo as a 2-pack (far too logical) I think I'll faint with shock harder than Luigi meeting Schumacher.
                          Last edited by Enzo; 06-19-2013, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Doing some moseying earlier about Planes and came across a couple of interesting snippets, not sure if anyone here were aware, apologies if you did.

The Planes sequel, Planes 2: Fire and Rescue, is slated for release in July 2014.

There seems that there will be 2 Blimp Characters, Colin Cowling and Lofty Crofty, at least Al Oft will get some company now

Echo and Bravo, voiced by former Top Gun Duo, Val Kilmer (Iceman) and Anthony Edwards (Goose), have identical helmets to their former film, the only difference being that, on thier helmets, instead of their callsigns in Topgun, they have Bravo and Echo respectively, nice lil touch i thought.

Comment

toys are 3 for 2 in argos, so at 5.59 each that aint bad, was tempted but didnt bite
                              went round til disney, they had the bulldog/isani twin pack, very nice too and much better than the mattel versions, was very tempted , but again didnt bite, but it was a close run thing

Comment

I've searched, to no avail, but does anyone know any of the upcoming tent/pitty sets? I'm holding off on Skipper as a single, because I'm hoping Sparky & him get released as a set. Sparky & Dottie are the only pitties that my kids have actively asked for.

Comment

Working...
                                X