X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations, bobbyjack... it's been hard to find Planes for me... 12 stores and only 1 TRU and 1 Target (4 packs) had any... So far I've only bought Ishani.

Whenever I see a Target, Walmart, or Toys R US truck on the road, I wonder if they've got Cars merchandise on it as well.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Found everything at Toys R Us this afternoon. Picked up the airport, aircraft carrier, Bulldog hanger set and Ishini. My sister got an aircraft carrier and 2 Ishinis. I think there was at least 1 or 2 more Ishinis still left. I think I will get maybe 2 more planes when they show up at Walmart. We put the Hanger on my sister's tab so that we both reached the $50 mark and saved $10 each. I noticed the list price of the aircraft carrier was $30 at Walmart and Target but only $25 at TRU. I think that is the only time I have ever seen something like that!

Comment

• Day 2 haul from Ohio TRU's

I am a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• I do not know if this really qualifies as a store find ... but heck, I just had to share!! The jestrjfamily went to see Monster's U tonight and had a blast. There was a REALLY NICE TRAILER for Planes at that revealed a TON of story and diecast possibilities! This might have been what I needed to push me over the edge to collect them ... spoiler alert ... Brent Mustangburger is an announcer in Planes as well!! When we walked OUT of the movie, something caught my eye that I did not see going IN TO the movies ...

2013-06-29_20-58-31_636.jpg 2013-06-29_20-58-57_803.jpg

This thing is HUGE just like the Cars 2 triptych ... and the Pitty is AMAZING with LIGHT UP/Flashing GUIDE STICKS!! WOWOWOW!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by GOMATERGO View Post
            Day 2 haul from Ohio TRU's
            looks like ishanti overflow

Comment

• Sadly, it took 3 TRU's and a several hour drive!

Comment

• so is ishanti already the one to clear from the shelves?

Comment

• Originally posted by yuffie View Post
                  so is ishanti already the one to clear from the shelves?
                  I was thinking the same thing. What's the reason for buying this one in particular?

Comment

• Originally posted by pirelliboy View Post
                    I was thinking the same thing. What's the reason for buying this one in particular?
                    She is short packed. Only 1 in Case A and not scheduled in any other cases. Not sure what the big deal is though; she is in a four pack and scheduled to have her own tent and Pitty along with Ripslinger in the next case.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

• I won't be buying anything extra at all planes wise unless someone specifically asks me to find something. I have in excess of four cases of cars singles and probably three cases of deluxe that I have no idea what I'm gonna do with lol

Comment

• Wait there is going to be a Pit Row Gift Pack for Ishani?
                        RBCars77 check out my YouTube Channel @ RCcars5

Comment

• After seeing them today I am pretty much, bar the shouting, going to collect the DS ones but will pick up the Mattel Tent packs.

Comment

• Originally posted by RBCars77 View Post
                            Wait there is going to be a Pit Row Gift Pack for Ishani?
                            I think Cars4josh reported this yesterday on his Kmart sucks thread...
                            http://www.kmart.com/disney-planes-r...&blockType=G16
                            We have to assume it comes in the tent gift pack Case B with Ripslinger and I'm sure more Dusty. No one has reported seeing Ripslinger or Ishani tent sets yet.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                            http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyjack View Post
                              She is short packed. Only 1 in Case A and not scheduled in any other cases. Not sure what the big deal is though; she is in a four pack and scheduled to have her own tent and Pitty along with Ripslinger in the next case.
                              Here is my two cents worth. Many will not pay the $12 - $14 for the pit crew tent set, which if we are lucky will be one out of four in the next case. Meaning that at this point she will only be found one out of eight sets (Case A and B).

Most parents will not pay the $24 just to get Ishani in a four pack just to get one plane.

Some parents will not pay the $5 - $7 each for a single plane but if they are willing to they will only find her once out of 12 cars in the first case. I am assuming that Cases "M", "N", and "L" will be store specific restocks (none of which carry Ishani).

So, after a restock of the cases without Ishani she will not only be available in 1 out of 48 planes. She may not be too limited now but I would venture to guess that by the time the movie is released and parents/collectors go out to seek one of each, she will be long gone I personally am getting as many of the single Ishani's as I can, not to make money, but to have great trade bait for later when a store like Target or TRU starts to get a case like Case "B" and I can not get to a Ned or like Case "C" and I can not get Dusty w/ Navy Deco, 86 LJH Special, or Rochelle. At the point these cases are released, I would be willing to bet anyone would trade an Ishani for one of these Planes that I will not be able to get.

Comment

• ...Thanks for the heads up on the Ishani hanger set. Suddenly my daughter jumped on the "cars/planes bandwagon" She wants all the girl ones! Geesh.

Comment

Working...
                                X