No announcement yet.

Planes Reviews

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah Hector Vector was a real blink and miss character. Very disappointing and missed opportunity.

I asked who his favourite character was.....no hesitation "Skipper". Something we agreed on.

Comment

I'm glad to hear that more of you have had the chance to see Planes... I will see it again when it's released on Blu-ray/DVD...

And as far as the toys are concerned... I see a lot of the first case releases (singles and gift packs with plane/pitty/hangar) remaining on the pegs and shelves... newer releases such as Chug/Zed/Bravor are selling quite quickly.

And my grandchildren are playing with the Planes toys that we've opened (Aircraft carrier, Skipper, Ishani, and Bravo... and they are playing with some of my Cars with the Planes... I'd hoped we'd have more characters from Cars appear in Planes - just Brent Mustangburger and the Tractor as far as I could tell.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
        And as far as the toys are concerned... I see a lot of the first case releases (singles and gift packs with plane/pitty/hangar) remaining on the pegs and shelves... newer releases such as Chug/Zed/Bravor are selling quite quickly.
        That is interesting, here in L.A. most all the stores I regular are completely sold out of Pit Row packs and singles. The only thing left is the 4-packs which I assume is because it is a bit more of an investment than most people want to make.

Comment

I took my 7 year old son to see Planes today.
          We both loved it. Surprising after reading some reviews.
          Great film with so many characters on screen. Cars and planes galore. Looks like there will be possibilities for so many diecasts. So much so that my wallet left the cinema in disgust half way through
          I give it 7.5/10.
          For me:
          Cars
          Planes
          Cars 2
          Last edited by pirelliboy; 08-24-2013, 11:29 PM.

Comment

finally got to see planes today, with her indoors and my nephew, 6 and jolly good it was too
            clearly nowhere in the cars league but much , much better than cars 2
            think i,ll go again
            some great background characters that I hope they,ll make, did spot a shorts 360 type (I think) a few times, now that plane is built in belfast, so hopefully that will come out

Comment

LOFTY CROFTY, I assume this is David Croft the F1 commentator?

Comment

you are correct sir!

Colin Cowling is another

Comment

Took the kids today with our free passes from tru. The kids really liked it! I enjoyed it but would rank it third to Cars and Cars 2.

Comment

I wanted to chime in because I may have a different take on this due to my daughter being about 3.5 years old when we saw this in the theaters, which was her first theater experience and she loved it!

Prior to this we watched Cars; she and I both loved it, wonderful film, fun storyline with messages of accountability and morals.

I quickly acquired Cars 2...What happened in this film!?? I still want to collect the new characters as toys, but the introducing mortality to what I thought was relatively immortal non-violent Johnny5-esque beings was overwhelming. Prof. Zundapp said "Kill him!" in the opening scene and there must have been a body count of 7+ cars in just the opening scene. I am new to these movies, maybe it was intended for older boys who grew up with Cars? but she is still afraid of this movie.

Then comes Planes which I thought brought back the essence of the first cars movie. I strongly believe it is intended for kids, the criticism that it doesn't have enough content for adults is a little flawed as this is not the target demographic; similar to Winnie the Pooh; except a lot better.

I liked the idea that Dusty had to achieve and earn his goals through sheer determination rather than natural talents that were given to him like superhero movies...or dare I say Lightning McQueen? Dusty was in fact at a huge disadvantage as he is an agricultural plane but he was able to compete at the racing plane level, and even failed at many points in the movie.

I thought there was a solid message to today's kids....BUT admittedly there were lulls in the movie.

For my 4 year old, I rank the movies:
                    1) Cars
                    2) Planes
                    3) My Neighbor Totoro
                    4) Thomas the Train
                    5) PBS shows

She may get around to Cars 2 when she is 5 or 6

Comment

Working...
                    X