No announcement yet.

Ebay country and color-variations McQueens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was tempted by the colour and countries ones but always felt there wasn't something quite right about them

having said that all the lightning mcqueens i have seem to have the same blue/grey semi-opaque windows

i am now fascinated to see what the disney stores ones are like as it seems quite a coincidence that these cars surfaced a few months before

Comment

I think was posted already, but in case it was not:
      here is what the Disney Store in the UK has for a special promo coming up:

http://www.disneystore.co.uk/disney-...ix/mn/1316021/

Each of these cars listed on the website are ones showing up on eBay or our collections already.
      If I was to bet; these are what will be released as Promo cars as 1:55 not 1:43
      I do not think they are 'fake'; the ones on eBay are probably factory test and prototypes in anticipation of the toy runs for the promo
      Those of us who have collected for a while now, know that backdoors are usually factory test or 2nds and come out a few months before they show up in mass in retail
      I like to think those of us who have them, got them before everyone else lol

Comment

I should also mention, what a great way for Mattel to get rid of old inventory and drive up interest in the line.
        Give the Disney Store a special promo and re paint old LMQ's with country flags; I can see these being a good seller for Disney

Comment

i do believe that we'll see these lmq's at some point.it seems too much of a coincidence for all these country mcqueens to suddenly appear out of nowhere and then see the disney store poster with all the same countries on it,and then watch them all totally disappear from ebay.
          mattel has seen these and put an abrupt stop to it as it has shown the consumer something we should'nt have seen yet.

i'm hoping

Comment

have mattel provided disney store with exclusive cars before?

Comment

Originally posted by yuffie View Post
              I know that at least 2 cases of the Final Lap Cars, which were a Target exclusive in the US, were sold in the UK at Disney Store locations... I have some and can take and post pictures... The only differences between the US version and the UK version? A piece of paper inside the blister, and a price tag on the back of the cardback which lists the price in both Euros and pounds.

You can see the paper at the bottom of the blister (on the inside) in the following photo:

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cvc1968 View Post
                I should also mention, what a great way for Mattel to get rid of old inventory and drive up interest in the line.
                Give the Disney Store a special promo and re paint old LMQ's with country flags; I can see these being a good seller for Disney
                Old inventory would mean, that they are made with Mattel parts. In order to repaint them, they would have to disassemble them, which means to drill them apart.

Even if they were not assembled and were laying prepainted around, they would still need to be stripped of the paint. IMO they would not do that as too much labor cost is involved. If they used older castings that were not painted before, that would mean we should have still seen the product of that certain mold before.

I would have gone with the prototype story if there were not everywhere part-numbers missing. Mattel puts their part-numbers on everything in order to be able to track every single part back to the mold it was produced on. Why make a "Prototype" base that has the Mattel-logo and looks from the outside completely finished, and then not put the part-number and mold-number at least with a text marker in it. Nah...

BTW i contacted the eBay seller. He told me that they are legit as they have the "Mattel" logo and production date on the base. I told him i know that they say "Mattel" on the bottom but are still fake in my opinion. Didn´t hear back after that anymore...

Also that eBay seller sells a Ransburg King with fixed eyes. Does somebody know, when that was released? I just know it with lenticulars from the Chase release?!?

Comment

Originally posted by yuffie View Post
                  You mean with exclusive only ever made for the Disney-Store and not sold anywhere else?

Not sure. Pirate/Goofy Mater comes into mind but i think they were only available at the Parks.

Comment

Originally posted by cvc1968 View Post
                    If only they would come along and take all the Finn McMissle's and do other countries with him!!

I am a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

The fixed eye ransburg king was a chase car that was never released. Only lenticular was. Is it a fake or a rare unreleased car? I say rare...

Comment

I love them non the less!! Bring them on!!

I am a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

@cvc1968

I should get one and drill it apart too

Comment

I would like to add some comments, all the following comments are ONLY just my point of view, true or not, I do not know.
                            Fixed eye metallic King is not fake one.
                            Flag McQueens are not made by Mattel.
                            They are not back door cars.
                            They are not made by the factory, which make cars for Mattel.
                            They are well done, I like these cars, glad to have one or two sets in the my collection.
                            I do not think it has any relation to the Disney cars. They are different.
                            The sellers on ebay do not know much more than you.
                            Last edited by lovemini; 07-10-2012, 08:56 AM.

Comment

This amazingly beautiful "fake" you mean?

You should buy them all off EBay, and take them all apart ToyPitStop. Stellar idea!

Comment

Originally posted by lovemini View Post
                                I would like to add some comments, all the following comments are ONLY just my point of view, true or not, I do not know.
                                Fixed eye metallic King is not fake one.
                                Flag McQueens are not made by Mattel.
                                They are not back door cars.
                                They are not made by the factory, which make cars for Mattel.
                                They are well done, I like these cars, glad to have one or two sets in the my collection.
                                I do not think it has any relation to the Disney cars. They are different.
                                The sellers on ebay do not know much more than you.
                                I agree 100%, thanks George

Comment

Working...
                                X