Ebay country and color-variations McQueens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMAG0197.jpg

This is an interesting debate and one that i've followed with interest.

I brought this fella from an Ebay seller in HK, cost me less than £5 when most UK based sellers want at least double that for him loose.

IMAG0198.jpg

I kind of assume he is a fake since he has no production code on the base and green stripes on the rear window when I think they should be brown.

But....he seems pretty well made, he runs along on his wheels as good as any other Mattel car I have, he's nice and heavy like many of the other Cars/Cars2 diecasts and the paint job is pretty impressive.

Comment

I know the one you're talking about.
      Never had one "in hand' but they sure look to be cobbled together parts from the pics I've seen.

Comment

This discussion is perplexing. How can a car be called fake if all the parts come from the factory? Are you telling me that there are people in other countries that have the ability to buy material and have die-molds to make all these cars without the big company knowing?

Comment

That's more or less it rpag. New molds (maybe made from a real McQ) casting new fake parts.
          But all of it (both sides of the discussion) is just speculation for now.

Comment

Just received by Portugal Cars so very happy to have the full 14 cars set.

IMG_1936.jpg
            IMG_1937.jpg
            IMG_1938.jpg
            IMG_1939.jpg
            IMG_1941.jpg

Comment

Very nice, malbertmac... thank you for sharing your photos.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

interesting piece on take5 that these disney store world cars will only be available in europe

i particularly like the patronising question wondering if there are more than just a handful of disney stores in each european country

Comment

Disney Stores have gotten many good items during the time I've been collecting Cars... I know that I got Final Lap Cars from both cases G and H from MrBrownstone and Rippers - they'd bought them at Disney Stores... by the end of the month we'll know more about the country Cars.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Working...
                  X