No announcement yet.

Recent Finds: October 2012 trades and online purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just completed a purchase for a Prince Wheeliam and Bindo. A bit pricey...but it was a bit better then the ebay prices I have seen. For the 2 cars, I paid what ebay wants for the prince alone. I am still on the fence wether or not I am happy with my purchase.

I imagine once I receive the package and have them in hand I will be alot happier

Shipping from France...so it will be a little while before I receive them LOL

Transformers for Trade
    Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

just purchased an erik laneley for £11.99 from ebay, seller has multiple also he has cartney listed for £14.99 good prices i think for sought after cars.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Disney-Pix...item3f1e1dae6e

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Disney-Pix...item3f1e2955f5

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Disney-Pix...item53ef7e05fa

Comment

Erik, Cartney, Suki, Otis, and Alex... 5 of the newest Cars... 74.95 GBP plus 8.75 GBP to ship in the UK... Converting all 5 to US dollars would cost me $134.20 to get the shipped to one of my UK friends... and then there's shipping to me in the US... I better pass...

Thanks for the heads up, jonj! Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I was just in teh process of calculating the same thnig myself lol. But I have to contact seller to get shipping to Canada lol.

For people who live in the UK (or probably majority of europe), awesome prices. Unfortunately anything overseas and it gets quite pricey.

as mentioend above, thanks for the heads up...this may end up being quite usefull for others

Transformers for Trade

Comment

these are apearing everywhere now at will only be a matter of time before these are mainstream here.patience

Comment

as djjd21 said they will land in stores in the uk, im holding out for otis and co but couldnt pass on erik been watching him for a while,

the price we pay in the uk for cars is almost double what you guys pay in the states, so £11.99 is not a bad price for a car that would cost me £5 plus travel expense if ever found inthe wild.

if anyone would like to purchase any im happy to be a middle drop of point.

also im happy to purchase for someone who may want to trade something i do not have,

Comment

jonj...you are tempting me lol. We alraedy have a deal in the works and you acting as a middle man for these is just a scary thought for my Visa LOL

Transformers for Trade

Comment

Originally posted by jonj View Post
                  as djjd21 said they will land in stores in the uk, im holding out for otis and co but couldnt pass on erik been watching him for a while,

the price we pay in the uk for cars is almost double what you guys pay in the states, so £11.99 is not a bad price for a car that would cost me £5 plus travel expense if ever found inthe wild.

if anyone would like to purchase any im happy to be a middle drop of point.

also im happy to purchase for someone who may want to trade something i do not have,
                  I agree. I have seen these myself and Im tempted but they are too expensive and of course they are showing up in stores. Id rather pay £4.99 each than £11.99 plus postage. I have Smyths and Asda contacts who let me know when cars and hotwheels come in so I can wait.

Comment

I definetly wish I had a contact at a local store (or stores) that could help me out...but I don't. It's mostly luck of the draw if I will ever find these. Unless someone finds multiples and can hook a brother up lol

My gf is a big fan of SUki

Transformers for Trade

Comment

I will say though the seller fun collectables will send in a jiffy bag so you must ask for a box. There shipping cost reflects this. I have have brought from him before. Be warned the car I got was damaged in shipping and no insurance either.

Comment

Originally posted by djjd21 View Post
                        these are apearing everywhere now at will only be a matter of time before these are mainstream here.patience
                        exactly i have been stung by ebay for the last time on new cars

getting prince wheeliam and bindo at the disney store for £9 in total compared to £24.98 + postage from this seller shows that patience is the best way

and this seller also has two buy it now listings on cartney brakin - one at £14.99 and one at £19.99

and finn at £5.99

Comment

I've gone for Bindo and Wheeliam from the same seller as Decepticog. Like him i'm still on the fence as to whether its a good deal. They were 7 euros each but 11 euros insured shipping it works out at just over £10 per car. I've never had any luck with chase cars at retail though. Ah well fingers crossed they arrive in one piece. You never at some point I might get round to photographing my collection and posting on the forum .

Comment

Originally posted by daul_p View Post
                            I've gone for Bindo and Wheeliam from the same seller as Decepticog. Like him i'm still on the fence as to whether its a good deal. They were 7 euros each but 11 euros insured shipping it works out at just over £10 per car. I've never had any luck with chase cars at retail though. Ah well fingers crossed they arrive in one piece. You never at some point I might get round to photographing my collection and posting on the forum .
                            Mine came out to 13€ per car +/- . That works out to about £10.50, or $16 CND per car. My gf is totally gonna get the baseball out and hurt me lol

Transformers for Trade

Comment

Mark -

I've bought from Fun Collectables before and every time they sent in a plastic bag and every time the car came damaged. I gave up with them a long time ago. I asked if they would put the items in a box, even offering more for postage, but they refused. If they are now offering that option, I might use them again, if desperate!

I've been told that Tesco have just ordered 2,500 cases of Cars 2 singles. This is with an option of another 2,500. It was suggested, although not confirmed that they took up Disneys options on case 996V (Bindo and Prince Wheeliam). They are apparently launching their Christmas Toy range this weekend, in time for Half Term, so expect plenty of new stock in Tesco stores! I hope they get some new deluxe and doubles too!

There were at least three case codes coming up for singles. It should be an interesting lead up to Christmas at Tesco!

Comment

Agree with the way fun collectables send out there items, I am a opener and never had any trouble with them with damaged cars, I guess if your a perfect card collector then this route is not for you,

Will these cars arrive in store in the uk soon? I'm sure of it..will I be upset to see them no of course not I will just get another but that's the chance you take I guess,

I have found some absolute steals recently online so paying the extra on a few items levels it out

Comment

Working...
                                X