No announcement yet.

Recent Finds: November 2012 Store Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great finds everyone,i'm hoping that the same case may filter it's way down to our local store,although i can't see it,they've had only mater's there since last christmas

Comment

• More cases W1938-998G in the UK (at Toymaster)

My local Toymaster franchise store have taken delivery of another two W1938-998G cases.

That's the case with ...

3 - Lightning McQueen (2)
      4 - Francesco Bernoulii (Black bottom) (2)
      7 - Jeff Gorvette (1)
      8 - Carla Veloso (1)
      9 - Raoul Caroule (1)
      14 - Race Team Fillmore (1)
      19 - Hydraulic Ramone (1)
      20 - Nigel Gearsley (2)
      21 - Max Schnel (1)
      22 - Shu Todoroki (2)
      23 - Miguel Camino (1)
      24 - Lewis Hamilton (2)
      35 - Kabuto (2) ~ First release in the UK
      37 - Bindo (1)
      39 - Erik Laneley (1) (NEW)
      41 - Galloping Geargrinder (1) ~ First release in the UK
      44 - Suki (1)
      46 - Nick Cartone (1) (NEW)

As there have been very few reports of those cases elsewhere (and cars like Nick Cartone on eBay UK), I can only guess that it maybe 'exclusive' to Toymaster franchises. With Disney Stores getting their own 'exclusive' cases, it means that Mattel UK are much more clued up than they have us believe! My local Toymaster have had five case 998G now (plus one 997J); their first case deliveries since July or August. Because of the great selection, they sold out of the contents of the first four cases in just over a week. For a shop about the size of half a railway carriage, that's pretty impressive! I'm hoping that they sell their stock quickly again and have another order before Christmas, hopefully with the final four cars that haven't made it to the UK!

Comment

• i'll have to keep a eye on the local toy shop in bath then as they had the last toymaster case

Comment

• Yuffie -

Hopefully, that means that Disney Store are spreading their 'exclusive' cases around and we may get the Prince Wheeliam case (996V?) in other areas and you may get the Becky Wheelin' case (996T) in your area (if you still need that one)?

With four cars (two chase) still to be released into the UK, the question we need to ask is, how are Mattel going to get them into shops? One case with all four or two cases? How about getting the silver racers in there too AND to put the icing on the cake, how about 36 - Rip Clutchgoneski? It's been manufactured! Release it as a Cars 2 single to see Cars 2 singles off in style!!

If they need an order code, ask for the case W1938-998G.

Comment

• Unless Tesco, Sainsburys & Argos also got case G when they re-ordered recently and they are under all the Case J's in the warehouse! then I think this case is going to become very hard to find. Only 1 GGG isn't there two in the US case. This year has been the worst year since I started collecting in the UK 'it can only get better'... the new 2013 range has given me a new lease of life to search and find. But if Mattel UK miss the shipment it will be 2012 all over again.

Comment

• There's only 2,000 of each case imported to the UK, although this can be less if they are 'shared' around Europe. Case 998G has been seen in Europe, so it's less than 2,000 for the UK. Case 997J has been around for about four weeks, so it must be coming to an end with sales of cars up everywhere.

We must be due a 'new' case very soon. Tesco are about to distribute their second shipment of 2,500 cases. There must be at least two different cases in their batch. I guess that'll see them through to the new year? Many Wilkinsons are also running low on stocks and must get new cases soon? Sainsburys too? ASDA and Argos, hit and miss.

Disney Stores, Toymaster, what about Smyths? They haven't had new stuff since March!

Toys 'R' Us - Has anyone seen the second wave of the Radiator Springs Classic series or has it been officially cancelled in the UK? What about N20 Cola (third wave) appearing in the US?

Comment

• found my 2nd most wanted Cars 2 deluxe in a clearance store called (out of all things) Liquidation World. $6, couldn't pass it up.

Surpsingly, they only had one or 2 finns, the rest were the two sumo wrestlers with a couple of doubledecker bus.
                Last edited by DeceptiCog72283; 11-27-2012, 03:22 PM.

Transformers for Trade
                Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

• Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                  Yuffie -

Hopefully, that means that Disney Store are spreading their 'exclusive' cases around and we may get the Prince Wheeliam case (996V?) in other areas and you may get the Becky Wheelin' case (996T) in your area (if you still need that one)?

With four cars (two chase) still to be released into the UK, the question we need to ask is, how are Mattel going to get them into shops? One case with all four or two cases? How about getting the silver racers in there too AND to put the icing on the cake, how about 36 - Rip Clutchgoneski? It's been manufactured! Release it as a Cars 2 single to see Cars 2 singles off in style!!

If they need an order code, ask for the case W1938-998G.
                  so near - looked in on the way home from work and from out the back came the case - nestled in it was Nick Cartone, Erik Laneley and Kabuto - the first time i'd seen them - but no Galloping Geargrinder - with the first two somewhere in a Parcelforce dept in my case p and the latter already owned in it's original incarnation GG was the only one i wanted so i left them shop empty handed

as the previous Alex Vandel, Otis, Suki case appeared in Sainsbury's shortly after i first found it in this store that pattern will hopefully be repeated

Comment

• Finally!

Went back to three Targets I hit on Black Friday. They all had new stock and remnants of B. The third one had the Rip!

"Play is often talked about as if it were a relief from serious learning. But for children play is serious learning. Play is really the work of childhood."
                    Fred Rogers

Comment

• Nice score, Toffman. Can't wait until I finally get Rip. It seems like it will be any day now...

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                      http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

• Has any of our Canadian members seen this new cardback in stores yet? I know so far in my region of Ontario and for quite a few places in Quebec (according to WOC members) there is no sign of them. Most of them don't even have the Radiator SPrings Classics and just started receiving the Take Flight items

Transformers for Trade

Comment

• sorry if someone posted this already, but I never seen this before today at my TRU.

Character Encyclopedia with an Exclusive Metallic HH Piston Cup Lightning McQueen

next to the regular HH Piston Cup LmQ
                          I am jbail10... I am also a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• very nice find jbail10. I purchased this at one of my local book stores and it was very nice looking. Haven't opened it yet, it's for my son.

I really like the look of that metallic LMQ
                            Last edited by DeceptiCog72283; 11-27-2012, 11:03 PM.

Transformers for Trade

Comment

• excellent find jbail10,a worthy addition to your collection

Comment

• Originally posted by toffman View Post
                                Finally!

Went back to three Targets I hit on Black Friday. They all had new stock and remnants of B. The third one had the Rip!
                                Toffman If you find a spare one will you let me know, desperate to get one if possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X